Extremism From The Pro-Abortion Crowd

Aw, see, now you're trying to twist your way out of it, and you can't.

You sure will look silly trying, though.

If you say you're okay with exceptions, then you're pro abortion. That's the argument of the pro-life crowd. They've never come out and said that only those who would allow for an abortion up until birth are "pro abortion". Instead, they stupidly characterize anyone who would allow for an abortion under any circumstance (like you) to be "pro abortion".

It's refreshing to know, though, that if someone chose an abortion after 20 weeks that you wouldn't label them "pro abortion"...

No, I am not. People like Elizabeth Warren who want to shut down non abortion pregnancy centers are pro abortion. The shout your abortion idiots are pro-abortion. That's the vanguard of your side of the issue, live with it.

I don't care what people call my position, I know what it is.

After 20 weeks you shouldn't be able to "choose" anything, by that point either the kid is born premature, or you are removing something dead or non-viable.

Wanting elective abortions after the 2nd trimester is worse than pro-abortion, it's pretty much pro-murder.

No, I am not.

Yeah, you are.

You consider me to be pro abortion, yet my position is virtually identical to yours. You're either too stupid to recognize that or too chickenshit to admit it.

Which is it?

People like Elizabeth Warren who want to shut down non abortion pregnancy centers are pro abortion. The shout your abortion idiots are pro-abortion. That's the vanguard of your side of the issue, live with it.

Again, my "side" is your side, too.

Never once have you ever seen me argue that a woman should be able to get an abortion at any point before childbirth.

Never.

I don't care what people call my position, I know what it is.

So do I. By your own definition you're pro choice. You're not pro life...

After 20 weeks you shouldn't be able to "choose" anything,

And what station do you hold to be able to decree such a thing? What if, during week 21, it's determined that the heart, lungs and brain of the fetus are unlikely to develop as they should, and that it would not survive long after childbirth?

by that point either the kid is born premature, or you are removing something dead or non-viable.

Um, okay. The borderline of viability is considered to be around 22 weeks. Why, then, have the restriction of 15 weeks in place?

Wanting elective abortions after the 2nd trimester is worse than pro-abortion, it's pretty much pro-murder.

Well, I don't agree that it's "pro murder", but kudos for coming up with yet another stupid characterization that makes zero sense...

Yeah, you are.

You consider me to be pro abortion, yet my position is virtually identical to yours. You're either too stupid to recognize that or too chickenshit to admit it.

Which is it?

Again, my "side" is your side, too.

Never once have you ever seen me argue that a woman should be able to get an abortion at any point before childbirth.

Never.

So do I. By your own definition you're pro choice. You're not pro life...

And what station do you hold to be able to decree such a thing? What if, during week 21, it's determined that the heart, lungs and brain of the fetus are unlikely to develop as they should, and that it would not survive long after childbirth?

Um, okay. The borderline of viability is considered to be around 22 weeks. Why, then, have the restriction of 15 weeks in place?

Well, I don't agree that it's "pro murder", but kudos for coming up with yet another stupid characterization that makes zero sense...

I consider the pro-life people to be more my people, however my federalist and libertarian leanings make me hesitant to force things. I would prefer total ELECTIVE abortion bans, I just don't see them as feasible outside certain States, and certainly not my States.

You associate more the with pro-abortion types, the shout your abortion types, the ban anyone from calling themselves pregnancy centers without offering abortion types.

And the viability line moves every decade or so, making that number arbitrary at best.

To me 15 weeks allows people time to figure it out, even if they did fuck it up in the first place.

I consider the pro-life people to be more my people, however my federalist and libertarian leanings make me hesitant to force things. I would prefer total ELECTIVE abortion bans, I just don't see them as feasible outside certain States, and certainly not my States.

Well, then you're pro choice. You can consider the pro life crowd "your people" all you want, but you're pro choice...

You associate more the with pro-abortion types, the shout your abortion types, the ban anyone from calling themslves pregnancy centers without offering abortion types.

Are you fucking retarded?

The only difference between your stand on abortion and my stand on abortion is that you're too chickenshit to admit that you're actually pro choice. I'm not.

Again, you've never seen an argument from me which states that I think a woman should be able to get an abortion at the 8-1/2 month point in the pregnancy, and you'll never see anything from me which supports anyone who does believe that.

So, please, stop being stupid.

I could say that you associate more with uber-right wing zealot Nazis, but that doesn't make it true, does it? Well, that's no different than you saying I associate with "pro abortion" types. I associate with people just like you.

And that scares the shit out of you because, for all your posturing as some pro life champion, you're forced to admit that you're actually pro choice...

And the viability line moves every decade or so, making that number arbitrary at best.

To me 15 weeks allows people time to figure it out, even if they did fuck it up in the first place.
What's so magical about the 15 week point?

I am tired of your bullshit, pro abortion does not mean every pregnancy terminated you lying hack it simply means the people that support it believe it is an option.

Not anymore. Now it means taxpayers have to pay for it. It means abortion up to and sometimes after birth.

The irony is that the Christian Cultists accuse the 1972 Court of "creating a right," even though previous Court's had found privacy rights in child rearing decisions and contraception, so this FIFTY YEAR EXTEMIST CHRISTAN funded campaign was NEVER about the constitution; RATHER it was about ONE THING - ABORTION

AND IRONICALLY, Roe essentially set abortion policy as it was WHEN THE CONTSITTION WAS RATIFIED. Pre quickening decisions were left to the women. The abortion controversy DIDN'T EXIST IN 1787 even though THE FOUNDERS ALL KNEW WOMEN HAD ABORITONS. BUT THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE EXTREMISTS ... If you didn't want to have an abortion from an extra chromosome fetus that was likely going to die in the womb ... you didn't have to have one. But the extremists don't offer the counter-compromise to women ... even if they were raped and/or their "partners" beat the shit outta them. And the Extremists aren't offering any help on that.

And I don't really fucking care about the "bill." Anytime these pro-raping alter boy fuckers can be forced to vote to deny a woman an abortion, esp with no exceptions ...... heat up that poker till it's red flaming hot.

You sound angry.

Beyond angry, but I hope and even pray the pro choice folks don't choose the violence that the "pro life" folks embraced. And it was mainstream, and accepted by gop doj's

You should focus your anger where it belongs, on the dems and their media wing. They’re responsible for making you believe there was a constitutional right to abortion. They’ve been lying to you all these years. Even RGB new it and tried to warn you.

Well, then you're pro choice. You can consider the pro life crowd "your people" all you want, but you're pro choice...

Are you fucking retarded?

The only difference between your stand on abortion and my stand on abortion is that you're too chickenshit to admit that you're actually pro choice. I'm not.

Again, you've never seen an argument from me which states that I think a woman should be able to get an abortion at the 8-1/2 month point in the pregnancy, and you'll never see anything from me which supports anyone who does believe that.

So, please, stop being stupid.

I could say that you associate more with uber-right wing zealot Nazis, but that doesn't make it true, does it? Well, that's no different than you saying I associate with "pro abortion" types. I associate with people just like you.

And that scares the shit out of you because, for all your posturing as some pro life champion, you're forced to admit that you're actually pro choice...

What's so magical about the 15 week point?

The pro-choice people don't agree with any limits right now, they want abortion up to the second of birth, and by the wording of some of the current laws in blue states, several days after.

A 15 week limit isn't pro-choice according to groups like NARAL.

Right now if a woman can find a doctor to say her health's at risk, health, not life, she can get an abortion at any time she wants. That's NY and California law.

I get more anger from the abortion rights people than the abortion restrictions people, because I agree on reasonable restrictions, unlike the Abortion lobby.

Youngkin and DeSantis consider themselves against abortion, but are realists in their States and propose 15-20 week limits.

Ask a NARAL person if they consider them pro-choice.

Pro choice now is abortion on demand with no questions or no exceptions.

The pro-choice people don't agree with any limits right now, they want abortion up to the second of birth, and by the wording of some of the current laws in blue states, several days after.

Well, you're wrong.

I'm pro choice. I have no problem, whatsoever, with restricting abortion after a certain point and, most certainly, not after birth. That very idea is stupid.

Pretty much everyone I know who's pro choice believes exactly as I do. Now, you seem to want to keep referencing some fringe element to the uber-left. But that's the only way you can argue this issue. The vast majority of pro choice people are just like you and me. You just can't bring yourself to admit that you are, in actuality, one of us...

A 15 week limit isn't pro-choice according to groups like NARAL.

Perhaps not. Then again, I don't think it should be 15 weeks, either. Make it 16 weeks; four months. Round it off...

Right now if a woman can find a doctor to say her health's at risk, health, not life, she can get an abortion at any time she wants. That's NY and California law.

Okay.

Why would you insist that a woman carry a pregnancy to term if her health is going to be forever altered for the worse?

I get more anger from the abortion rights people than the abortion restrictions people, because I agree on reasonable restrictions, unlike the Abortion lobby.

Again, the "abortion lobby" you speak of is, by and large, made up of people who simply want those services to be safe, available and legal...

Youngkin and DeSantis consider themselves against abortion, but are realists in their States and propose 15-20 week limits

Ask a NARAL person if they consider them pro-choice.

Pro choice now is abortion on demand with no questions or no exceptions.

No, it's not. Like I said, I'm pro choice, but believe that, unless circumstances warrant, abortion should be off the table after 16 weeks. You want to pretend that you're some pro life champion, but you're not. You're just like me.

Pro choice...

Well, you're wrong.

I'm pro choice. I have no problem, whatsoever, with restricting abortion after a certain point and, most certainly, not after birth. That very idea is stupid.

Pretty much everyone I know who's pro choice believes exactly as I do. Now, you seem to want to keep referencing some fringe element to the uber-left. But that's the only way you can argue this issue. The vast majority of pro choice people are just like you and me. You just can't bring yourself to admit that you are, in actuality, one of us...

Perhaps not. Then again, I don't think it should be 15 weeks, either. Make it 16 weeks; four months. Round it off...

Okay.

Why would you insist that a woman carry a pregnancy to term if her health is going to be forever altered for the worse?

Again, the "abortion lobby" you speak of is, by and large, made up of people who simply want those services to be safe, available and legal...

No, it's not. Like I said, I'm pro choice, but believe that, unless circumstances warrant, abortion should be off the table after 16 weeks. You want to pretend that you're some pro life champion, but you're not. You're just like me.

Pro choice...

No, I'm not like you because I can call the fetus a baby.

Try that with NOW and NARAL and see how far you get.

Abortion rights people define abortion rights as abortion up to the moment of birth. anything else makes you anti-choice.

the "health of the mother" could be defined as a backache, because the law doesn't define the term. You just have to find one doctor to agree with you and bye bye baby.

No, I'm not like you because I can call the fetus a baby.

I can call it a monkey. Doesn't make it a monkey.

But that's besides the point. Now you're trying to twist your argument to that of you're obviously pro life because you can call a fetus a baby.

That's silly.

The fact of the matter is that you allow for abortions in certain circumstances. That's giving the woman the right to make a choice between carrying a pregnancy to term and accepting the risks or terminating the pregnancy.

Pro choice.

That's you...

Try that with NOW and NARAL and see how far you get.

Abortion rights people define abortion rights as abortion up to the moment of birth. anything else makes you anti-choice.

Again, you're wrong.

I've stated my position on abortion. I've stated what I think the restriction should be with regards to a time limit. Well, according to you, I would then be considered pro life, right? I mean, if an anything but abortion up until the moment of birth makes me "anti choice", I must be pro life, right?

the "health of the mother" could be defined as a backache, because the law doesn't define the term. You just have to find one doctor to agree with you and bye bye baby.

Oh, please, don't make stupid arguments like that. No one is going to say a pregnancy should be terminated because of a backache.

Seriously, your "the sky is falling" arguments are making you look desperate and pathetic...

But that's besides the point. Now you're trying to twist your argument to that of you're obviously pro life because you can call a fetus a baby.

That's silly.

The fact of the matter is that you allow for abortions in certain circumstances. That's giving the woman the right to make a choice between carrying a pregnancy to term and accepting the risks or terminating the pregnancy.

Pro choice.

That's you...

Again, you're wrong.

I've stated my position on abortion. I've stated what I think the restriction should be with regards to a time limit. Well, according to you, I would then be considered pro life, right? I mean, if an anything but abortion up until the moment of birth makes me "anti choice", I must be pro life, right?

Oh, please, don't make stupid arguments like that. No one is going to say a pregnancy should be terminated because of a backache.

Seriously, your "the sky is falling" arguments are making you look desperate and pathetic...

I'm realistic, not in favor of abortion. I'd ban it except for medical reasons if I could, but I know it isn't in the cards, especially in NY.

I also think anyone doing it for birth control reasons is a miserable human being.

I don't call myself either, I am against abortions in most circumstances. Again, ask NARAL or NOW what my position it, and it would be called anti-choice.

THOSE are the groups that set the tone, not you. You would be considered anti-choice as well by them.

I sympathize far more with pro-life extremists than abortion rights extremists.

And if that puts a bug up your ass, so be it.

That's silly.

Pro choice.

That's you...

Again, you're wrong.

eric rudolph actually stayed in Jackson Ms at the home of the State's primary anti-abortion protestor. And this thread accuses the pro choice folks of extremism? Climb down off the fucking CRoss.

Damn, g500 abandoned this thread quick when he had his contraceptive talking point thrown in the trash :lol:

I'm realistic, not in favor of abortion. I'd ban it except for medical reasons if I could, but I know it isn't in the cards, especially in NY.

I'm not in favor of abortion, either. But I also believe it should be available, legally, for those who choose it, regardless of the reason.

If a woman simply wants to terminate a pregnancy, she'll do it. She can either do it legally and safely, or illegally and dangerously.

I prefer she have the availability of the former...

I also think anyone doing it for birth control reasons is a miserable human being.

As do I.

See, you're just like me.

My last duty station before I retired from the Navy was at a training command in San Diego. Women on warships was a common thing at that point, and the vast majority of women "boots" were sent to ships after their training was completed.

Well, if they were given orders they did not like, they would get pregnant. The orders had to then change, because pregnant women can't serve on warships. So, their Detailer (the guy who actually writes the orders for sailors) has to reassign someone to that billet and reassign the pregnant woman to a shore command. As soon as that was all done the woman would then go have an abortion, and there wasn't a thing we could do about it. They would game the system and win, every single time.

I hated that those women were allowed to get away with that...

I don't call myself either,

That's just a clumsy dodge...

I am against abortions in most circumstances.

As am I. I am, and you are, pro choice...

Again, ask NARAL or NOW what my position it, and it would be called anti-choice

THOSE are the groups that set the tone, not you. You would be considered anti-choice as well by them.

No, they don't. The average American sets the tone and, I hate to tell you this, the average American isn't a member of some fringe left-wing group...

I sympathize far more with pro-life extremists than abortion rights extremists.

Of course you do. And I'm sure they appreciate that sympathy from a member of the pro choice crowd...

And if that puts a bug up your ass, so be it.

Um, look, I don't wanna' shit in your Wheaties, but nothing you can do would "put a bug up my ass".

And what an odd thing to say...

Forum List

Back