Zone1 Explaining Jesus to a Jew

^^ more excuses to dismiss parts of the Bible that make you uncomfortable.

Does that mean Abraham’s story is not to be taken literally?

Is most of Jewish belief on…..fiction?

Paul was a Jewish Pharisee, who converted. That’s why Jews hate him the most and have to lie and slander him.
Abraham was probably some sort of historic character just as was George Washington----
however the CHERRY TREE story is suspect. The story of adam and eve is scriptural---
and SUBLIME for those who grasp the concept of scriptural writings-----another example
of sublime scriptural writings is the BHAGAVID GITA-----and several other----persian,
mesopotamian, egyptian, chinese, etc-----I am not all that impressed with BEOWULF

The Hebrew Bible, does use the name of David for the Messiah symbolically.

1. Jeremiah 30:9 : "But they shall serve YHWH their God and David their king, whom I will raise up for them."
  2. Ezekiel 34:23-24: "And I will set up over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he shall feed them: he shall feed them and be their shepherd. And I, YHWH, will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them. I, YHWH, have spoken."
  3. Ezekiel 37:24-25: "My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd. They will follow my laws and be careful to keep my decrees. They will live in the land I gave to my servant Jacob, the land where your ancestors lived. They and their children and their children's children will live there forever, and David my servant will be their prince forever."
  4. Hosea 3:5: "Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek YHWH their God, and David their king, and shall come in fear to YHWH and to his goodness in the latter days."
In these passages, "David" is not necessarily a reference to King David himself but rather to a future leader from his lineage. This concept is further developed in the New Testament where Jesus is identified as this messianic figure from the lineage of David.
yes----Jesus is presented in the NT as being in the LINE OF DAVID----SO? The lineage
described is via JOSEPH---the carpenter----he did not pass his HOUSE OF JUDAH
DNA to Jesus------or so the story goes. Muhummad is presented in the Koran as
being a direct descendant of Ishmael, an idea even more tenuous. Now!!! read some classical
Literature------even in the Greek Literature----the distant descendants of Menelaus
are described as Menelaus. The english word JEW ----is a translation from the
hebrew word JUDAH

actually, we don't talk about him because we don't care. But if you need paranoia to keep afloat, rock on.
even as presented in the NT---Paul is an HELLENIZED jew from---uhm ---some Island place
with lots of culturally Hellenized jews-----?apikorsim" ? He is also the son of converts
to Judaism. As I read the book---probably like his parents he had an affinity for the
Jewish ethic and was very enthusiastic about adapting it to the HELLENISTIC WORLD

even as presented in the NT---Paul is an HELLENIZED jew from---uhm ---some Island place
with lots of culturally Hellenized jews-----?apikorsim" ? He is also the son of converts
to Judaism. As I read the book---probably like his parents he had an affinity for the
Jewish ethic and was very enthusiastic about adapting it to the HELLENISTIC WORLD
For the most part, I don't waste my time thinking about Christian figures.

oh gee-----I do. I find it interesting. I grew up in a very christian town in
a completely secular jewish family. Regarding religion and just about everything
else----my mind was a blank page

Jesus did not leave a single written word in a time when jews of his station
were LITERATE and PRODUCTIVE of scholarly output

no, the crucifiers destroyed everything to write their book using their, jesus's name only for their false religion. as well there is nothing by jesus that corroborates anything in the christian bible. nothing in stone by them they claimed to be the jewish messiah.

jesus - mary - joseph - mary m - were noted in the early events of the 1st century not as a coincidence, they were heavenly examples - non religious and nothing to do w/ the judaen commandments is in fact the initial setting for the climatic conclusion.

what words are written, some real some deceitful ... there never were 10 commandments claimed by the liar moses - their consideration of a&e is a dreadfulness all 3 desert religions are guilty of - no peace will ever be accomplished without those renditions removed and a true heavenly accounting added to their documents - the heavenly prescription set for those that survived the climatic conflagration, noah without intervention till the final conclusion.

Before you dismiss it all out of hand, and even if you already have, I would suggest that you apply what you learned if you learned from the Rambam about the language of the prophets and then take another harder look. Do yourself a favor. Forget about what Rome says. Its flat out absurd.

Read the stories written by Jews about a Jew who spoke about Judaism, its beliefs and practices, and then think for yourself. "The kingdom of Heaven is like hidden treasure lying buried in a field"

Last edited:

Geez. not to mention his letters were written while he was in a Roman prison. As if they wouldn't have redacted or made outright forgeries that supported the existing Mythraic 'mystery' religion.

He says in one letter to submit to the government authorities while Nero was caesar. Damn.

And the story even says in plain language that Paul was a replacement for Judas. Double damn.

Last edited:
Before you dismiss it all out of hand, and even if you already have, I would suggest that you apply what you learned if you learned from the Rambam about the language of the prophets and then take another harder look. Do yourself a favor. Forget about what Rome says. Its flat out absurd.

Read the stories written by Jews about a Jew who spoke about Judaism, its beliefs and practices, and then think for yourself. "The kingdom of Heaven is like hidden treasure lying buried in a field"
Are you referring to this?
1690302386203.png

If so, I have studied it. It doesn't drive me to wanting to spend more time thinking about the gospel characters.

True, except for the part that Jesus fails at his mission.

- their torch is carried by many, their true endeavor - liberation theology, self determination ...

not a word or flame, the heavenly religion - found in the christian bible or christianity itself a religion of servitude than the most remote outlaying congregations and attempts through the centuries ...

Are you referring to this?
Yes.

If so, I have studied it. It doesn't drive me to wanting to spend more time thinking about the gospel characters.

I can't say that I blame you....But if you are interested in discovering the hidden meaning of the law that I know you have all been diligently searching for without success for millennia, as referred to in the Dead Sea scrolls, take a look, have at it, and you may discover what was being kept hidden from the Jewish laity 2000 years ago. If you look and look and keep on looking you will find it.

Of the appointment of 'presbyters'.

"
When these men have undergone, with blamelessness of conduct, a two year preparation in the fundamentals of the community, they shall be segregated as especially sacred among the formal members of the community. Any knowledge which the expositor of the law may posses but which may have to remain arcane to the ordinary layman, he shall not keep hidden from them; for in their case there need be no fear that it might induce apostasy."

Of religious discussion.

No one is to engage in discussion or disputation with men of ill repute; and in the company of froward men everyone is to abstain from talk about (keep hidden) the meaning of the Law [Torah].

Dead Sea scrolls, manual of discipline.

Last edited:
Yes.

I can't say that I blame you....But if you are interested in discovering the hidden meaning of the law that I know you all have been diligently searching for as explicitly referred to in the Dead Sea scrolls, take a look and you will find what was being kept hidden from even the Jewish laity 2000 years ago.

"When these men have undergone, with blamelessness of conduct, a two year preparation in the fundamentals of the community, they shall be segregated as especially sacred among the formal members of the community. Any knowledge which the expositor of the law may posses but which may have to remain arcane to the ordinary layman, he shall not keep hidden from them; for in their case there need be no fear that it might induce apostasy."

No one is to engage in discussion or disputation with men of ill repute; and in the company of froward men everyone is to abstain from talk about (keep hidden) the meaning of the Law [Torah].

Dead Sea scrolls, manual of discipline.
which is why we study the talmud -- this is the discussion of the law between learned men. Of course, one might also want to apply this to the idea of learning the Zohar but then 2 years isn't enough to prepare.

for the record----self-inflicted wounds was a prevalent custom amongst pagans back
then in the day-----it is outlawed in Jewish law----in fact even tatoo's which are a
babylonian custom related to self-inflicted wounds are outlawed in Jewish law. HOWEVER,
today----shiite muslims do engage in self-inflicted wounds
For the record -- Jesus' wounds were not self inflicted.

Forum List

Back