Expert on civil wars says the US is heading toward insurgency — the 21st-century version of civil war

This is the kind of "civil war" I've always expected. There won't be two uniformed armies fighting on a battlefield. It will be groups here and there attempting to destroy infrastructure, going after government buildings, government officials, etc.

I am finally getting around to reading the book, as I have been occupied writing my manifesto for the past year. I am interested in the solutions she prescribes, but I could tell from her interview videos that she does not have anything; her chapter on preventing civil war confirms that. She is a leftist and sees all the leftist government reform policies to be the most accurate approach to avoid war.

Basically, she believes in the political big bang. Eliminate the Republican party and all will be good.

Although, I agree that we are heading towards a civil war, I believe that it will be prevented by the introduction of a new formula for the separation of government powers; leading to graduated constitutional convention series that will go through all the social stratification issues that seemingly lead to the civil unrest.

“The American Experiment” is not just a euphemism for the difficulty in self-governing a free society. We actually live in an uncoordinated system of social experiments that are all using the same disordered government separation model. In general, the output of the generational experiment has been tolerable, and the accomplishments of American society have been tremendously beneficial to the modern world; however, the increasingly vitriolic political discourse and persistent social disorderliness that we are enduring should be the noticeable over-run malfunctioning of the systemic errors of the Experiment.

This is the kind of "civil war" I've always expected. There won't be two uniformed armies fighting on a battlefield. It will be groups here and there attempting to destroy infrastructure, going after government buildings, government officials, etc.

• An expert on political violence warned the US could be headed toward a modern-day civil war.
  • Barbara F. Walter told The Washington Post the US is displaying predictive behaviors for conflict.
  • She said the US is poised for an insurgency, which is more decentralized.

That's not war in any fashion. Just standard old fashioned terrorism.

Forum List

Back