Evidence that universe created itself

The Big Bang blew out existing matter to spread across the universe

So the universe made itself and then the universe made the matter that blew up and became known as the Big Bang. What kind of sky-fairy nonsense is that?
Matter cannot be created or destroyed
What is here has always been here

At one time it was all concentrated, Big Bang dispersed it throughout the universe

You're repeating yourself. Your theory is that the universe created itself and created matter and then, somehow, it exploded by itself and from there life eventually created itself too. LOL.
I'm saying all matter was always here. You can't go....poof.....and create matter

You never explained who created God......I can tell you but I don't want to ruin it for you

I'm saying there is a super-intellect out there that is NOT confined to this universe and who created this universe and the life that inhabits it. What you're saying is that IT'S NOT POSSIBLE for there to be such a super-intellect.
To believe you is to believe that the 1) the universe created itself 2) the universe created matter 3) the matter, for reasons unknown, exploded by itself and 4) life also, somehow, created itself.

Nah.

I , fot one, am not calling it, "impossible". But I will argue that it's possible that no such higher intellect exists.

So the universe made itself and then the universe made the matter that blew up and became known as the Big Bang. What kind of sky-fairy nonsense is that?

At one time it was all concentrated, Big Bang dispersed it throughout the universe

You're repeating yourself. Your theory is that the universe created itself and created matter and then, somehow, it exploded by itself and from there life eventually created itself too. LOL.
I'm saying all matter was always here. You can't go....poof.....and create matter

You never explained who created God......I can tell you but I don't want to ruin it for you

I'm saying there is a super-intellect out there that is NOT confined to this universe and who created this universe and the life that inhabits it. What you're saying is that IT'S NOT POSSIBLE for there to be such a super-intellect.
To believe you is to believe that the 1) the universe created itself 2) the universe created matter 3) the matter, for reasons unknown, exploded by itself and 4) life also, somehow, created itself.

Nah.
Who created the super intellect?
Did he materialize out of thin air?

1. The universe was always there. It was not an empty space waiting for someone to create matter. The matter was always there

2. Matter cannot be created or destroyed

3 Explosions continually happen in the universe. Some big, some small

4. Life is a combination of Hydrocarbons. The basic elements have always been the same. The right conditions combined to create living organisms

Do we get to talk evolution now?

Nah.

1. The universe was always there. It was not an empty space waiting for someone to create matter. The matter was always there

4. Life is a combination of Hydrocarbons. The basic elements have always been the same. The right conditions combined to create living organisms

In our universe everything has a beginning and an end, including the universe itself. The evidence shows that the universe along with time and space had a beginning. There is ZERO evidence to support your claims.

I believe that super-intellect from beyond this universe created everything, including us. Now, from where it came and who created it is not the topic of this thread.

Look at it this way. Computer programmers frequently create universes when they make video games such as Grand Theft Auto. What programmers have been unable to do is to give the characters in the game their own consciousness wherein they could have independent thoughts and actions. If a programmer could do that, undoubtedly, there would be characters in the that "computer universe" claiming that the "programmer" cannot exist.

Nah.

In our universe everything has a beginning and an end, including the universe itself. The evidence shows that the universe along with time and space had a beginning. There is ZERO evidence to support your claims.

I believe that super-intellect from beyond this universe created everything, including us. Now, from where it came and who created it is not the topic of this thread.

Look at it this way. Computer programmers frequently create universes when they make video games such as Grand Theft Auto. What programmers have been unable to do is to give the characters in the game their own consciousness wherein they could have independent thoughts and actions. If a programmer could do that, undoubtedly, there would be characters in the that "computer universe" claiming that the "programmer" cannot exist.

The evidence does NOT necessarily show the universe had a beginning. That is an error on your part. And we have known how to sum infinite series for a long time. Doing this allows us to mathematically reconcile that, while the universe may have indeed originated from a singularity (which, to an outside observer would appear to be 'the beginning' of our own observable universe), we would nevertheless never arrive at the beginning, should we travel backwards in time. To us, the beginning simply would not exist, and we could travel back in time literally forever.

Nah.

The evidence does NOT necessarily show the universe had a beginning. That is an error on your part. And we have known how to sum infinite series for a long time. Doing this allows us to mathematically reconcile that, while the universe may have indeed originated from a singularity (which, to an outside observer would appear to be 'the beginning' of our own observable universe), we would nevertheless never arrive at the beginning, should we travel backwards in time. To us, the beginning simply would not exist, and we could travel back in time literally forever.

I'd like to believe you, but I just don't have your faith.

I'd like to believe that the universe created itself, but I just don't have faith in such superstitions.
But it's not a superstition believing a entity, calling itself God, created itself?

I think the evidence indicates that a power not confined to this universe or its laws caused everything in this universe to happen. Perhaps you believe that the universe caused itself to happen. If so, how did the universe cause itself to come into existence?

Nah.

Nice dodge...I have seen that dance before

Hold others to standards your "super intellect/God" does not have to meet

If everything has a beginning and an end as you claim...what was the beginning of your super intellect?

what was the beginning of your super intellect?

The topic of this thread is evidence for how the universe created itself, not the origins of a theoretical super-intellect.

Hit a sore spot didn't I?

You are claiming a "super intellect God" did the creating so his own origins are up for discussion

You're the one trying to hijack the thread to change the topic. I'm trying to stay focused. There's already an active thread called "Evidence for God". Why don't you ask that question there?

Nah.

I'd like to believe you, but I just don't have your faith.

Ah yes, the old 'Alamo" of the faith-y types: Accuse everyone else of having faith. Instead of elevating your own ideas (since you can't), you must attempt to drag evidence-based knowledge down into the intellectual muck where your faith-y ideas reside. Better check the scoreboard, friend... that hasn't worked, is not working, and will not work.

you misused the word "faith" anyway. i didn't say with any certainty that anything was true. Just that we cannot rule it out. Same thing you have been saying. But, when I say it, you go on the offensive. Strange...

The topic of this thread is evidence for how the universe created itself, not the origins of a theoretical super-intellect.

You are claiming a "super intellect God" did the creating so his own origins are up for discussion

You're the one trying to hijack the thread to change the topic. I'm trying to stay focused. There's already an active thread called "Evidence for God". Why don't you ask that question there?
Topic is origin of the universe

It is you who moved the bar by inserting a God into it

Why don't you hold your God to meeting the same scientific standards you apply to others?

There is no scientific PROOF for how the universe or life came into existence so, in the end, we base our beliefs on FAITH. You and I are no different in that regard.

Why don't you hold your God to meeting the same scientific standards you apply to others?

There is no "winning" this debate. In the end it comes down to faith.

There is no "winning" this debate. In the end it comes down to faith.

Typical dodge in moving from science to faith when pressed to explain your theory

There is no scientific PROOF for how the universe or life came into existence so, in the end, we base our beliefs on FAITH. You and I are no different in that regard.

You and I are 100% different in that regard, as i am not stating, with any authority whatsoever, that any one origin account is the absolutely correct one. I am arguing for the assertion that there is more than one possible story, which could include an Intelligent Designer. Please stop misrepresenting me. If you want to wield that poor argument, you will have to find someone who is stating, with 100% certainty and origin story of the universe. guess what? the ONLY people you will find doing so will be religious people. you guys can then "compare faith" all day, if you like.

LOL, I see you made a new thread

What ya got?

The universe has always been here

So the Big Bang is bullshit?

It's a far more cool story than yours.

Now explain the age of the earth & the fossil record you ignored in the other thread.

Nah.

You forget point #1

Science has SEX

Believers are not allowed that

Forum List

Back