Evidence Noah's Biblical Flood Happened, Says Robert Ballard

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
New Evidence Suggests Biblical Great Flood of Noah s Time Happened Archaeologist Says - ABC News

I've always suspected that almost every myth, legend and Bible story has some basis in something that really happened, including the pre-historic flood that led to the Biblical deluge story.

And supporting the theory that this flood really happened is the fact that other so many other cultures have a deluge story in their mythologies. Here is a list:

List of flood myths - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Is Noah a real man who really built a boat that saved two of every animal? That part of the story isn't proven yet. But the fact that a flood did happen, that part of the story seems to be very probable.

New Evidence Suggests Biblical Great Flood of Noah s Time Happened Archaeologist Says - ABC News

I've always suspected that almost every myth, legend and Bible story has some basis in something that really happened, including the pre-historic flood that led to the Biblical deluge story.

And supporting the theory that this flood really happened is the fact that other so many other cultures have a deluge story in their mythologies. Here is a list:

Is Noah a real man who really built a boat that saved two of every animal? That part of the story isn't proven yet. But the fact that a flood did happen, that part of the story seems to be very probable.
There was no biblical deluge.

This is an old article and was the subject of an earlier thread.

oh-crap-was-that-today.jpg

Every culture's mythology has a deluge myth. How did that happen if a deluge never happened?

Anyway, I assume you guys are open to archeological evidence, unless you're so damn sure the flood didn't happen, you will refuse to look at it.

Anyway, I assume you guys are open to archeological evidence, unless you're so damn sure the flood didn't happen, you will refuse to look at it.
Sure we are. That article suggest there was big flood that covered an absolutely tiny percentage of the earth. Pretty interesting :thup:
That could be a world-wide flood as far as the people of the time thought. Most of mankind's civilizations started in that area.

I think you guys have a vested interest in denying that the Biblical flood actually happened, so you are going to deny it even if it's proven.

Sure we are. That article suggest there was big flood that covered an absolutely tiny percentage of the earth. Pretty interesting :thup:
That could be a world-wide flood as far as the people of the time thought. Most of mankind's civilizations started in that area.
Yea it could be to those people. But the Bible is the word of God. Was it a global flood to him? Why didn't he make himself apparent to humans in the America's, Africa, Europe, the Far East, Australia...

Every culture's mythology has a deluge myth. How did that happen if a deluge never happened?
Because mankind always lived by water for trade food and travel. Living by water you eventually will have a flood. Sometimes a really huge one. Just because all these have a flood story doesn't mean it happened at the same time it just means it flooded at some point and affected the people so it was remembered.

There's archeological evidence a massive flood effected the Israel region in ancient times. But short of the one billions of years ago, none that was planet-wide.

Yea it could be to those people. But the Bible is the word of God. Was it a global flood to him? Why didn't he make himself apparent to humans in the America's, Africa, Europe, the Far East, Australia...
That's a good question, but it is irrelevant to the topic of this thread.

If every culture in the world has a deluge story that's evidence that a flood really happened. Otherwise, where did all these stories come from?

Forum List

Back