Everyone Is Lying. trump Questions Health Experts On Twitter

No it doesn’t. It’s 1/3 of the equation. Science says I should not eat Buffalo Wings with blue cheese as it’s bad for me. Doesn’t mean I wont eat it as having fun and enjoying food is OK sometimes.

You are SO reported to liberal central command ALARM!!
LOL won’t be the first time

Science is only 1/3 of the equation. There is also the economic impact and psychological impact
The path to best managing those goes through science.
No it doesn’t. It’s 1/3 of the equation. Science says I should not eat Buffalo Wings with blue cheese as it’s bad for me. Doesn’t mean I wont eat it as having fun and enjoying food is OK sometimes.
Science doesn't just mean health. Economics can be a science to. This might be a good article for you. Don't worry it agrees with your assumed premise that health isn't the only consideration. ‘That’s Crazy’: Reopening Schools Is Possible, but We’re Doing It Wrong
Having fun though is not a good enough reason to risk OTHER people's life though.

Science is only 1/3 of the equation. There is also the economic impact and psychological impact
Science doesn't just mean health. Economics can be a science to. This might be a good article for you. Don't worry it agrees with your assumed premise that health isn't the only consideration. ‘That’s Crazy’: Reopening Schools Is Possible, but We’re Doing It Wrong
Having fun though is not a good enough reason to risk OTHER people's life though.
We risk other people’s lives every time we drive a car

If an "expert", the msm or a gov't employee tells me the sky is blue on a cloudless day I will go outside and look to be sure- experts, like the media and the gov't have an agenda- to promote themselves- nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, and the corrupt PTSB LOVE the misguided folks here who put all their trust in "experts" (government-funded "experts," let's ignore other experts who actually care about truth) because it makes their job so much easier. People who don't question the establishment narrative, people who think "science" is sacrosanct and can never be corrupted or politicized. And I'm sorry to keep repeating myself, but people who have no clue what is actually going on in this world.

What are the health experts lying about? What is the truth?

trump doesn't say but retweets that accusation.

People can be wrong about things then when they get more information they can change their views but that's not lying. It's being wrong.

Most were wrong about the virus at first. Only because there wasn't much known about it at first. When more information was known, things changed. Which is what is supposed to happen when new information is known.

Only the stupid people don't change when they get new information.

As far as most people and I can see, trump is the liar here. Not the experts.

Remember: Trump good, science bad. Only Trump speaks Da Troof. Everything else is Deep State Commie Marxist Fake News.
I believe in science, however, many scientists are supported by people with an agenda ( especially climate science) Many of these scientists, not wanting to lose funding, will deliberately disregard any exculpatory evidence. So much for science is the most important.

Masks make one fashionable-

maskwearingsheep.jpg

People can be wrong about things then when they get more information they can change their views but that's not lying. It's being wrong.

Most were wrong about the virus at first. Only because there wasn't much known about it at first. When more information was known, things changed. Which is what is supposed to happen when new information is known.

Remember: Trump good, science bad. Only Trump speaks Da Troof. Everything else is Deep State Commie Marxist Fake News.

I guess we have come to that.

All trump is doing is making this virus worse. Which makes the economy worse.

I just have to wonder why he is doing this.
My guess is that it's not his intent to cause this damage. He has completely committed his presidency, at least his first term, to placating his base. And his base - those who get their worldviews from Hannity, Carlson, QAnon - want/expect him to be anti-science. That's his only priority, because it's those people who got him elected. He's driven by this desperation to be accepted, even if it's by people like that. And part of this is also that any damage he causes will be blamed on anyone else.

The fact that he doesn't take any responsibility for what he has done.

The fact that he has the best experts in the world at his fingertips yet refuses to follow their advice and on top of that goes out of his way to trash and discredit them.

The fact that he sees the virus out of control with thousands dying and does nothing.

The fact that he says masks aren't needed, refuses to wear one and does the exact opposite of what the experts say should be done.

Those and other facts lead me to believe he is intentionally causing this damage. Or just doesn't care.

He has been told the facts. He has chosen to ignore facts.

I do believe he is doing this on purpose or just doesn't care. I just don't understand why.

No one is this stupid. No one who sees what is happening turns a blind eye to it without a very good reason.

I would like to know that reason.
I really do think my explanation could be correct. This is a person who is absolutely desperate for approval, and the millions of dittoheads who adore him are what motivate him. That's why virtually 100% of his presidency has catered to them.

He's a damaged person with profound self esteem issues. He constantly self-congratulates. He constantly reports how many people love him. He constantly talks about how people treat him. I'd guess there's nothing more important to him in this world, than those who adore him.

Yes I agree which is why I don't understand why he would do things that make most people not like him.

If he needs that validation why is he doing things that result in the exact opposite?

He has said that he believes Biden will win so why does he continue to do what he knows will guarantee that Biden wins and people hate him?

This is a very stupid man.
Well, I guess he's emotionally fed by the millions who adore him.

Those who don't are just deep state fake news.

Not kidding. I think that's what drives him.

Well it's a prescription for our nation to suffer a lot of very serious damage.

I wish we had sane adults running our government.

Yes, I agree. The difference is that a car is almost indispensable for most people. Not wearing a mask is at worst a comfort thing for the overwhelming majority of people. You drive right? Do you recognize the wisdom of obligating a person to put their young child in a car seat? It would be easier to just have to make them put a seatbelt on right? But I'm guessing you feel their safety in a car supersedes making stuff easy for you?

I guess we have come to that.

All trump is doing is making this virus worse. Which makes the economy worse.

I just have to wonder why he is doing this.
My guess is that it's not his intent to cause this damage. He has completely committed his presidency, at least his first term, to placating his base. And his base - those who get their worldviews from Hannity, Carlson, QAnon - want/expect him to be anti-science. That's his only priority, because it's those people who got him elected. He's driven by this desperation to be accepted, even if it's by people like that. And part of this is also that any damage he causes will be blamed on anyone else.

The fact that he doesn't take any responsibility for what he has done.

The fact that he has the best experts in the world at his fingertips yet refuses to follow their advice and on top of that goes out of his way to trash and discredit them.

The fact that he sees the virus out of control with thousands dying and does nothing.

The fact that he says masks aren't needed, refuses to wear one and does the exact opposite of what the experts say should be done.

Those and other facts lead me to believe he is intentionally causing this damage. Or just doesn't care.

He has been told the facts. He has chosen to ignore facts.

I do believe he is doing this on purpose or just doesn't care. I just don't understand why.

No one is this stupid. No one who sees what is happening turns a blind eye to it without a very good reason.

I would like to know that reason.
I really do think my explanation could be correct. This is a person who is absolutely desperate for approval, and the millions of dittoheads who adore him are what motivate him. That's why virtually 100% of his presidency has catered to them.

He's a damaged person with profound self esteem issues. He constantly self-congratulates. He constantly reports how many people love him. He constantly talks about how people treat him. I'd guess there's nothing more important to him in this world, than those who adore him.

Yes I agree which is why I don't understand why he would do things that make most people not like him.

If he needs that validation why is he doing things that result in the exact opposite?

He has said that he believes Biden will win so why does he continue to do what he knows will guarantee that Biden wins and people hate him?

This is a very stupid man.
Trump may have concluded that the only way for him to be reelected is to a. hang onto his base and b. have the economy in positive growth, or close to it. So when Fauci and other scientists say the only was to slow the virus is to social distance, wear masks and close social gatherings, Trump sees that as ending any chance of his reelection. So Trump may actually see "enemies" in people trying to slow the virus' spread

Then trump is a very special kind of stupid.

He can't see that the economy can't recover until the virus is defeated.

Reopening too early like we have been doing is only going to damage the economy more.

If he doesn't know that he can't win with only the votes of his base then he doesn't have any business being in politics.

I'm guessing you are trying to make a point with this interview right? I'm further guessing it is Fauci saying that children aren't really affected? This is true. On the other hand, we don't know what role exactly children can play in SPREADING the disease.

Only a solipsist would think he knows more than a health expert. The hubris never ends....
I think he really believes it. And I think the Trumpsters really do, too. Not good.

And there's more:

The many trump supporters where I live certainly believe it. He says Fauci is dead they would believe it without even checking.

I have a few Facebook friends who definitely seem to believe everything they are told in the alternate universe. All the paranoia, all the crazy.

I've never seen anything like this, and never would I have imagined that this many Americans would be anti-science. Never.

Yup, me too. Friend of mine in Texas says they're OK because they live in Montgomery County and not Harris County (Houston) where the cases are growing and hospitals are reporting full. I said, "You live 35 miles from city center, COVID doesn't recognize county lines!!" And he's a college-educated TrumpTARD.

Well, ideology can infect perfectly intelligent people, ironically.

Got that. My ex, who has a JD and an LLM from U of Texas Law School, is a big Trumper. SMH

Yep. Group pathology -- inexplicable large scale commitment to a deeply troubled man.

The world has seen this before.

Forget Trump. What is happening is WAY bigger than him, and your obsession with him and his followers is distracting you and clouding your judgement, imo.

Only a solipsist would think he knows more than a health expert.

The hubris never ends....
Like Democrats declaring there was nothing to the virus, telling people to herd in large numbers, ride the subways, go to Chinatown, and attempting to suggest the virus can't spread when gathered together with thousands of unmasked violent Protestors and domestic terrorists...?!

:p

Only a solipsist would think he knows more than a health expert. The hubris never ends....
I think he really believes it. And I think the Trumpsters really do, too. Not good.

And there's more:

The many trump supporters where I live certainly believe it. He says Fauci is dead they would believe it without even checking.

I have a few Facebook friends who definitely seem to believe everything they are told in the alternate universe. All the paranoia, all the crazy.

I've never seen anything like this, and never would I have imagined that this many Americans would be anti-science. Never.

Yup, me too. Friend of mine in Texas says they're OK because they live in Montgomery County and not Harris County (Houston) where the cases are growing and hospitals are reporting full. I said, "You live 35 miles from city center, COVID doesn't recognize county lines!!" And he's a college-educated TrumpTARD.

Well, ideology can infect perfectly intelligent people, ironically.

Got that. My ex, who has a JD and an LLM from U of Texas Law School, is a big Trumper. SMH

Yep. Group pathology -- inexplicable large scale commitment to a deeply troubled man.

The world has seen this before.

Forget Trump. What is happening is WAY bigger than him, and your obsession with him and his followers is distracting you and clouding your judgement, imo.

But I agree completely. I've said many, many times, he's just a symbol, a totem.

This is about the ugliness of Trumpism, and how far we still have to go. But we'll get there.

I like how Trump ticks people off.
But saying you care about science, when we have heard false statements about the science since this thing started....... Name one prediction that came true? Name one model that actually happened?

They can't hardly figure out why even the most recent models are showing the opposite than expected trend. Covid cases, and Covid deaths were following each other in sync. Now deaths have been in a continual decline, while cases have dramatically increased.

They can't even explain that. But you think you have the science figured out? No you don't. You don't know jack. None of you do.
Name one prediction that came true? Name one model that actually happened?
Fauci: " if we do everything right, we'll still have 100-240k deaths by the end of summer".
Pretty close except we haven't done everything right. Cases are rising very sharply. We may blow past those projections.

Yes, I agree. The difference is that a car is almost indispensable for most people. Not wearing a mask is at worst a comfort thing for the overwhelming majority of people. You drive right? Do you recognize the wisdom of obligating a person to put their young child in a car seat? It would be easier to just have to make them put a seatbelt on right? But I'm guessing you feel their safety in a car supersedes making stuff easy for you?
Just noticed I brought masks into this. That's because I've been in a few posts recently talking about them. It's a strawman this way and I apologize. It was by accident.

The point stands though. If you recognize that driving a car brings with it certain responsibilities as to safety than you recognize that safety can and is an issue when engaging in risky behavior. Especially if you are endangering others.

Forum List

Back