Every Classroom Should Have Heavily Armed Teachers In It

You are just admitting that the gov't abuses our rights by "interpreting" them away.

Glad you're finally on board.

I don't give a shit what other countries do, you can't compare us to a similar nation because there isn't one.
You're not unique you snowflake. There's no special sauce to America unless you're talking about the blood of children caused by all the readily available guns.

In my county, we have an armed sheriffs deputy, in uniform, living on campus, in a trailer.
Never had an issue except fights.
NOT mistaken for a teacher, faculty member, janitor or kitchen help.
I have no issue with that.

What if the shooter is a student?
We've already covered that. Thus the reason an immediate armed response is necessary.

When I was in school we had guns all over campus and never a worry about school shootings.

Every truck in the parking lot had at least 2 of them and our Rifle and Shotgun clubs had them inside the building.

Guns, and access to guns obviously isn't the problem.

You're not unique you snowflake. There's no special sauce to America unless you're talking about the blood of children caused by all the readily available guns.
You continue fabricating BS.

The worst school massacre in the US wasn't even a shooting.

That's called a red herring and has nothing to do with issue of school shootings. Try to stay on topic and within a logical framework.
It isn't a red herring at all. You want' to obsess over guns and I am pointing out that firearms are not even needed to massacre an entire school full of teachers and kids.

Even if you could somehow magically wish away every gun in the US it wouldn't stop the next massacre from happening.

We've already covered that. Thus the reason an immediate armed response is necessary.
WTF?
"As I've said from the beginning, the first step is to secure the campus to prevent them from gaining entry in the first place".
When I was in school we had guns all over campus and never a worry about school shootings.

Every truck in the parking lot had at least 2 of them and our Rifle and Shotgun clubs had them inside the building.
Gun racks in the rear window.
Guns, and access to guns obviously isn't the problem.
It isn't 1980, anymore.

It isn't a red herring at all. You want' to obsess over guns and I am pointing out that firearms are not even needed to massacre an entire school full of teachers and kids.
This is just another red herring. When was I ever arguing that guns were the only way to massacre children?
Even if you could somehow magically wish away every gun in the US it wouldn't stop the next massacre from happening.
More red herrings. We don't need magic to wish away guns, we need a concerted effort to:

1. Ban the sale of all firearms in the country
  2. Go aggressively after the people who violate that ban
  3. Go aggressively after people who threaten people in person and online, determine whether they have access to firearms and charge them accordingly
  4. Make firearm registration mandatory
  5. Go aggressively after the people who violate that requirement and remove their guns
  6. Ban guns in public
  7. Go aggressively after the people who violate that and remove their guns
  8. Make the reporting of stolen firearms mandatory
  9. Go aggressively after the people who violate that law and remove their guns as well as the people who's guns were stolen due to negligence
Basically we go after gun ownership through attrition and by going after the most violent and negligent gun owners first and while we do that I have no problem with your plan of immediate response teacher ninjas but that can't be our solution to ending the frequency of mass shootings because it just isn't a solution at all.

This is just another red herring. When was I ever arguing that guns were the only way to massacre children?

More red herrings. We don't need magic to wish away guns, we need a concerted effort to:

1. Ban the sale of all firearms in the country
  2. Go aggressively after the people who violate that ban
  3. Go aggressively after people who threaten people in person and online, determine whether they have access to firearms and charge them accordingly
  4. Make firearm registration mandatory
  5. Go aggressively after the people who violate that requirement and remove their guns
  6. Ban guns in public
  7. Go aggressively after the people who violate that and remove their guns
  8. Make the reporting of stolen firearms mandatory
  9. Go aggressively after the people who violate that law and remove their guns as well as the people who's guns were stolen due to negligence
Basically we go after gun ownership through attrition and by going after the most violent and negligent gun owners first and while we do that I have no problem with you plan of immediate response teacher ninjas but that can't be our solution to ending the frequency of mass shootings because it just isn't a solution at all.
There are no red herrings, at least not on my part.

It is nice of you though to tacitly admit that you don't care about saving lives, you just want to go after our gun rights.

There are no red herrings, at least not on my part.
I pointed them out to you, if you're too stupid to understand what a red herring is that's on you.
It is nice of you though to tacitly admit that you don't care about saving lives, you just want to go after our gun rights.
Well I have maintained throughout that guns are the problem. Kind of hard to have a gun violence problem without guns. It's you who can't admit that.

The teaching staff was almost certainly following lockdown protocol and therefore would have each been in their respective classrooms, doors locked, lights off, standing between their students and said door, with the kids on the floor in a corner away from doors or windows. They would remain thus until informed by police that the lockdown was over. If one out of every 100 teachers were armed, they wouldn't have been able to do squat unless the shooter happened to somehow break into those specific classrooms.

I pointed them out to you, if you're too stupid to understand what a red herring is that's on you.

Well I have maintained throughout that guns are the problem. Kind of hard to have a gun violence problem without guns. It's you who can't admit that.
Again a completely fabricated, dishonest term invented solely to demonize guns.

Guns aren't the problem, guns don't commit the crimes.

If you actually cared about saving lives the focus would be on the criminals.

Wish every gun off the planet magically tomorrow and it won't stop the next massacre.

Then great. But if they aren't then we have more dead kids again. As I said, teacher ninjas will have varying degrees of success and failure just like every other shooting incident you've ever heard of. Sometimes a grandma kills a robber coming into the house, sometimes a grandfather takes his grandchildren hunting and they come back home and still all get killed. Every other nation doesn't do it better than us by having better trained teacher ninjas and Ninja citizens, they do it by not having such readily available and easily accessible guns.
Stop pretending you care about the lives of the kids as you've already established you don't, you are simply using the bodies of these kids to push for ever more stringent gun control.

The teaching staff was almost certainly following lockdown protocol and therefore would have each been in their respective classrooms, doors locked, lights off, standing between their students and said door, with the kids on the floor in a corner away from doors or windows. They would remain thus until informed by police that the lockdown was over. If one out of every 100 teachers were armed, they wouldn't have been able to do squat unless the shooter happened to somehow break into those specific classrooms.
The problem is that he was so easily able to get into the school without triggering any alarms or warnings.

If the door had been locked as per protocol that would not have been possible.

Wonderful! I'm glad that you can finally admit that this isn't a solution to lowering or stopping the indents of school shootings and instead a way to mitigate them once they happen. Unlike you I would prefer not to leave the safety of my daughter, nieces, nephews, God children and grandson up to chance. I'd prefer we do what every other nation does to lower the incidents of gun violence by lowering and eliminating the availability of guns.
More kids are killed on their way to or from school in a month as are killed in every school massacre combined on any given year.

Don't pretend you actually care about saving lives, you've made it obvious that you don't.

Simply securing the building would have changed every aspect of the outcome in Uvalde.

Again a completely fabricated, dishonest term invented solely to demonize guns.

Guns aren't the problem, guns don't commit the crimes.

If you actually cared about saving lives the focus would be on the criminals.

Wish every gun off the planet magically tomorrow and it won't stop the next massacre.
I'm not demonizing guns or wishing them out of existence you child. Neither do I think they're possessed. I think they make it easier for people intent on killing to kill easier because that's what they are designed to do. For that reason, if we want to lower the incidents of gun violence rather than constantly trying to perfect our response to gun violence, we should do what every other successful nation on earth does to lower incidents of gun violence. The logic couldn't be simpler.

True believers always do. That is how blind faith works. Realists, on the other hand, respect empirical data.
You haven't and can't provide any empirical data on the subject.

If stringent gun control prevented these incidents there would have not been one in NY last month.

There is no nation similar to the US on earth to compare us to either, not honestly anyhow.

Stop pretending you care about the lives of the kids as you've already established you don't, you are simply using the bodies of these kids to push for ever more stringent gun control.
Your argument is so weak that you would accuse someone who has over 100 children (daughter, nieces, nephews, God children and children of cousins, my grandson is too young to be in school yet) in the American school system, of not caring about children being murdered in school.

Forum List

Back