Even Jesus lost confidence in God

Jesus is not losing faith in God. He is proclaiming his humanity which includes feeling forsaken and being ignorant. It is ok for people to ask God the same question Jesus asks on the cross.

Jesus quoted Psalm 22:1 which begins with, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?". Jesus quoted this Psalm in order to draw attention to it and the fact that He was fulfilling it there on the cross.
Jesus never lost his faith in God.

In Psalm 22:11-18 it says;
Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help.12 Many bulls have surrounded me; Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled me. 13 They open wide their mouth at me, As a ravening and a roaring lion. 14 I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It is melted within me. 15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And my tongue cleaves to my jaws; And Thou dost lay me in the dust of death. 16 For dogs have surrounded me; A band of evildoers has encompassed me; They pierced my hands and my feet. 17 I can count all my bones. They look, they stare at me; 18 They divide my garments among them, And for my clothing they cast lots.
Jesus is pointing to the scriptures to substantiate His messianic mission.

Jesus is not losing faith in God. He is proclaiming his humanity which includes feeling forsaken and being ignorant. It is ok for people to ask God the same question Jesus asks on the cross.

Jesus quoted Psalm 22:1 which begins with, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?". Jesus quoted this Psalm in order to draw attention to it and the fact that He was fulfilling it there on the cross.

Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help.12 Many bulls have surrounded me; Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled me. 13 They open wide their mouth at me, As a ravening and a roaring lion. 14 I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It is melted within me. 15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And my tongue cleaves to my jaws; And Thou dost lay me in the dust of death. 16 For dogs have surrounded me; A band of evildoers has encompassed me; They pierced my hands and my feet. 17 I can count all my bones. They look, they stare at me; 18 They divide my garments among them, And for my clothing they cast lots.
is he supposed to have said this on this cross....? if he was it's highly unlikely as crucifixion causes asphyxiation..
also did anyone hear or write down what he is credited as saying?
was it add later..

is he supposed to have said this on this cross....? if he was it's highly unlikely as crucifixion causes asphyxiation..
was it add later..

He said "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?". That is all he said.
He did not quote the whole Psalm.

was it add later..

He said "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?". That is all he said.
He did not quote the whole Psalm.
again highly unlikely

Daws, that psalm is a description of the crucifixion in the Old Testament, prophesied a millennium before it happened and 600 years before crucifixion was even invented. Christ laid down His life of His own accord. And He took His life back up again of His own accord. His Father gave Him permission to do so. They work in unison. They are of one mind. Jesus could have turned everyone there into toast. He could have stopped the hammer from hitting the nails within a millimeter of His hands, with every swing. But that was not the plan. Before man was created, our redemption was discussed and agreed upon. On that cross from 12 pm. to 3 pm. God was God, head of the trial and sentencing aspect of our redemption. No mercy, pure justice, and sentence carried out. Death for sin. His for ours. And It worked beautifully. Through Him we are justified to enter Heaven. Court is over. We all are offered the gift of salvation because of the work of Christ the Lord. < of everything. Because He deserves it.

"Father, why have you forsaken me?" If the son of God even loses faith in God, how could anyone remain faithful, during such tormentful times of suffering? The age of tribulation is happening to millions upon millions. Evil is ramped. Hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes, wars, homelessness, famines, pestilence, epidemics, murders and crime are off the charts. And most that are sitting in front of their computers are not effected....yet. So it's easy to get used to seeing it in the media...just change the channel. "Their hearts will wax cold."

And if God forgave Jesus, would he really condemn us to hell?

Jesus said that when he returns, he will come out of the east on the clouds. The U.S. military is already preparing for the invasion.

1). It is the problem of evil. If God is to get rid of all the evil (Hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes, wars, etc.,) then God has to be fair and get rid of everyone who has sinned which means you and me because we're not perfect and we've probably done wrong or hurt people unintentionally at some point. Since God isn't going to get rid of you and me, I'm kind of happy and if you want God to get rid of you right now, you're wrong.

2). Jesus is God so it is impossible for Him to lose confidence in Himself when He has all of that ability and righteousness.

Jesus says that He cannot do anything apart from the Father (John 5:19). Here Jesus does not say that He chooses not to do anything apart from the Father, BUT He cannot (ou dunamai, lit., *no ability*). So can we do things apart from the Father right? Yes, we can sin. But the Son cannot He does not have the ability for He is God, He can only do things that God can do. So yes that is the biblical position

-Email from Brother Daniel

Last edited:
He was the Lamb. I cannot understand nor wish His pain on anyone.

But I certainly will not, shall not mock his crying out to his Father.

If Jesus was God, then he would not have said, "Why do you call me good? There is none good but the Father." Jesus never claimed to be God.
Exalting Jesus above the father is like Satan exalting himself above God, it's false.

When Jesus taught the masses how to pray, he said to pray to the Father, "Our Father, which are't in heaven." He did not say to "pray to me", he said to pray to God.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Jesus said on the cross: my diaper is full, could someone please change me?

I never said he lost faith in God. My point stands.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Totally clueless....

Yes. You truly are.

Jesus did nothing that needed forgiveness. If He did, someone else would have to preform the Atonement still.
If Jesus did nothing wrong when he lost confidence in God, then there is nothing wrong with atheists not having confidence in God. Nice of you to stick up for your fellow fake Christian, as he is incapable of defending himself. But you failed.

He didn't lose confidence in God. He asked His Father why He left. Something that had to happen for Christ to carry the load.

Your entire assertion is based on a completely wrong interpretation of the verse.

You'll recognize the tribulation when it happens, which it hasn't yet. You lack understanding. There are specific indicators that one can look to before Christ comes back. God never sent His son to hell. You need to read the book. Christ is sitting in Heaven as we speak. Christ was dying on our behalf and speaking on our behalf when He made the statement you thought you could demean God with. I know that because we call God, God. Jesus referred to Him as Dad. You don't understand the context of the scripture you quoted, Satan. You nipped at Christ's heel. He is about to crush your head.
you guys should really get some new material......

The truth is the truth regardless of whether you consider it new or ancient.

If Jesus was God, then he would not have said, &quot;Why do you call me good? There is none good but the Father.&quot; Jesus never claimed to be God.
Exalting Jesus above the father is like Satan exalting himself above God, it's false.

When Jesus taught the masses how to pray, he said to pray to the Father, &quot;Our Father, which are't in heaven.&quot; He did not say to &quot;pray to me&quot;, he said to pray to God.

Christ will be the one sitting on the throne of David, ruling and reigning for eternity. You should get to know Him.... Clyde, He was naked and nearly beaten to death when they hung Him on that cross. Here's hoping I'm close enough to see you hit your knees at the sight of Him. Your knees being much quicker than your head.

Fake Christians....
"On the last day they will come before me and say, Didn't I cast out demons in your name and didn't I prophecy in your name? And I will answer them, I know you not you are workers of iniquity."

Pretend to know what you don't. There is no forgiveness in any of you, therefore you condemn yourselves.

I am forgiven through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. And I invite you to humble yourself before the Lord and seek forgiveness through the Son as well. We all have to work out our salvation with the Lord.

Also, be careful of judging others because the judgment you use will be used against you.

I never said he lost faith in God. My point stands.

I was agreeing with you that he never lost his faith in god. :)

Oh I would have been pissed off at my dad way earlier in the scenario.

Christ got betrayed, beaten and then has to carry his cross before he gets nailed to it and left there to die for us. At a certain point you're going to snap. I would not have gone that gently into this good night.

That is what makes him our saviour and you don't have me.:eusa_angel: I'd be down in a street fight on those cobblestones. And Judas. Hell's bells he'd be down for the count.

Christ always knew he would be the Lamb. In his agony of agonies He cried out to his Father.

It's a no brainer to me.

But did He really snap? There is no evidence of Him being upset with the Lord. Nor of Him losing confidence. The evidence we have here is the Father had to let Him carry the load alone and after spending all of His life with His Father present, He asked where He went.

There is no sin in this.

1). It is the problem of evil. If God is to get rid of all the evil (Hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes, wars, etc.,)

If God is to get rid of all the evil Hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes, ....

Considering God created a carnivorous Garden why would Christians believe - Hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes, - would be Evil rather than meaningful, necessary etc events related to lessons in Life to be used for accomplishing the goal of Remission to the Everlasting.

same as being nailed to a cross - an act of God.

Forum List

Back