EV sales have Doubled. Is a ‘Tidal Wave’ coming?

Yep, predictable surprises. Like by 2025 the EV's will cost less to buy, less to fuel, and much less to maintain. They will also out perform ICE vehicles in handling, performance, and range.

Yep, predictable surprises. Like by 2025 the EV's will cost less to buy, less to fuel, and much less to maintain. They will also out perform ICE vehicles in handling, performance, and range.
While COVID rages the GND has been going full bore in both vehicles and energy production with no legislation.
People want it, and it's economical as well as cleaner.
`

While COVID rages the GND has been going full bore in both vehicles and energy production with no legislation.
People want it, and it's economical as well as cleaner.
`
It is NOT cleaner! Pollution from the waste of mining the lithium for batteries, and the coal-powered electricity used to get them from Point A to Point B are as dirty as energy gets!

Why do you lie?

Someone please tell me why I should buy an electric vehicle.

Two of my kids live 165 miles away. I drive an SUV that gets about 20 miles per gallon. It is comfortable to drive with almost all the bells and whistles and large enough for my dogs. It's 7 years old and cost me over $30K.

There are zero charging stations in my county and I have yet to see them anywhere else in my travels in my area. I saw that there are four charging stations located in a Walmart parking lot in the city where my kids live. Since they were installed I have NEVER seen a vehicle parked there. People who can afford EVs don't shop at Walmart!

I could install a charging station in my home and watch my $200 electric bill probably double or triple! Then if I wanted to take a trip, I would have to sit at Walmart while my car charged or never make it back home.

If I bought an EV, I would pay for the car, which is considerably more than what I am paying, despite the incentives. I would pay for the charging station in my home, requiring additional electric service .than what I have now. I am retiring permanently in 11 months if I live that long. Where do I get the money to pay for all this crap to drive a car I don't want to drive?

It is NOT cleaner! Pollution from the waste of mining the lithium for batteries, and the coal-powered electricity used to get them from Point A to Point B are as dirty as energy gets!

Why do you lie?
You are as dim as they come.
As I said, we are moving to renewables in BOTH power generation and transport.
So that eventually the sun's power will charge vehicles.
It's only here I can actually talk to people are literally 60 IQ points lower.

`

Last edited:
You forgot the last two words: "even more!"
LOL

Coal shutdowns in Georgia and Alabama​

Units at the US’s two largest coal-fired plants will be closed. That means around 3,000 MW of coal will be removed in Georgia.

Georgia Power, a subsidiary of Southern Co., plans to shut down two out of four units at the 3,450 MW Plant Bowen in Euharlee, Georgia.

It will also close one unit at the 3,520-megawatt Robert W. Scherer Power Plant in Juliette, Georgia, which is the largest coal plant in the US. Shutting that single unit at Scherer by 2025 will slash the electricity generated by coal at that power plant in half.

E&E News notes that Southern “once operated 66 generating units of coal, producing 20,450 megawatts [MW] across its southeastern territory. It now operates 18 units producing 9,799 MW, according to the company. Once these additional units are closed, that figure will fall to roughly 4,300 MW at eight units, [Southern CEO Tom] Fanning said.”

`
OK, asshole! How long will we have to wait for those renewables to come to fruition? 10, 20, 30 years?

They are building a solar plant here in my county and estimate it will three to five years to complete construction. They plan on co-locating a sheep farm under the solar panels. Guess what we don't raise in this state, nor have a market for? Sheep!

One thing eco-Nazis never mention is transmission line losses. This solar plant will cover acres and acres of ground and power less than 1200 homes during the day only in the tiny town where it will be located. At night, the homes will be powered by coal-fired plants.

About three years ago, I applied to work in management of an electric bus company factory located in the next county. Today, the facility sits empty, no equipment, no jobs, and hasn't even produced a dirty Kleenex! Just south of this planned factory, the state built and entirely new interchange on the interstate highway for the Walmart and Amazon distribution centers which roll in and out hundreds of tractor-trailers each day.

`
Nothing like yesterday where the shortest time of the day (1st day of winter) and you have to rely on that power to charge shit. Of course if you live in Alaska, you have to wait 6 months till the sun shines again, but who gives a shit, right prog slaves, not in your backyard?

OK, asshole! How long will we have to wait for those renewables to come to fruition? 10, 20, 30 years?

They are building a solar plant here in my county and estimate it will three to five years to complete construction. They plan on co-locating a sheep farm under the solar panels. Guess what we don't raise in this state, nor have a market for? Sheep!

One thing eco-Nazis never mention is transmission line losses. This solar plant will cover acres and acres of ground and power less than 1200 homes during the day only in the tiny town where it will be located. At night, the homes will be powered by coal-fired plants.

About three years ago, I applied to work in management of an electric bus company factory located in the next county. Today, the facility sits empty, no equipment, no jobs, and hasn't even produced a dirty Kleenex! Just south of this planned factory, the state built and entirely new interchange on the interstate highway for the Walmart and Amazon distribution centers which roll in and out hundreds of tractor-trailers each day.
The Great majority of New power is Renewables and it's been so for about 5 years.
ie
"...Global renewable energy capacity additions in 2020 beat earlier estimates and all previous records despite the economic slowdown that resulted from the COVID-19 pandemic. According to data released today by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) the world added more than 260 gigawatts (GW) of renewable energy capacity last year, exceeding expansion in 2019 by close to 50%.

IRENA’s annual Renewable Capacity Statistics 2021 shows that renewable energy’s share of all new generating capacity rose considerably for the second year in a row. More than 80% of all new electricity capacity added last year was renewable, with solar and wind accounting for 91% of new renewables.

Renewables’ rising share of the total is partly attributable to net decommissioning of fossil fuel power generation in Europe, North America and for the first time across Eurasia
(Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Russian Federation and Turkey). Total fossil fuel additions fell to 60 GW in 2020 from 64 GW the previous year highlighting a continued downward trend of fossil fuel expansion....

`

USA​

Renewables made up 92% of new generating capacity in the U.S. in the first half of 2021​

""...data recently released by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), renewable energy sources (i.e., biomass, geothermal, hydropower, solar, wind) Dominated new U.S. electrical generating capacity additions and increased their contribution to the nation’s electrical production in the first half of 2021.

Key Findings from FERC:

FERC’s latest monthly “Energy Infrastructure Update” report (with data through June 30, 2021) reveals that renewable energy sources accounted for 91.6% – or 10,940 megawatts (MW) – of the 11,940 MW of new capacity added during the first six months of the year. Wind led the capacity additions with 5,617 MW, followed closely by solar (5,279 MW). Further, wind and solar were the only sources of new capacity additions in June 2021.

Renewables now provide more than a quarter (25.1%) of total U.S. available installed generating capacity. A year ago, their share was only 23.0%. Wind is now more than a tenth (10.4%) of the nation’s generating capacity while utility-scale solar is nearly five percent (4.9%) … and that does not include distributed (e.g., rooftop) solar.

Moreover, FERC data suggest that renewables’ share of generating capacity is on track to increase significantly over the next three years (i.e., by June 2024). “High probability” generation capacity additions for wind, minus anticipated retirements, reflect a projected net increase of 21,129 MW while solar is foreseen growing by 44,385 MW. By comparison, net growth for natural gas will be only 13,241 MW. Thus, wind and solar combined are forecast to provide roughly five times more new net generating capacity than natural gas over the next three years.

If these numbers materialize, by June 2024, renewable energy generating capacity should account for almost 30 percent (29.4%) of the nation’s total available installed generating capacity.

Last edited:

USA​

Renewables made up 92% of new generating capacity in the U.S. in the first half of 2021​

""...data recently released by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), renewable energy sources (i.e., biomass, geothermal, hydropower, solar, wind) Dominated new U.S. electrical generating capacity additions and increased their contribution to the nation’s electrical production in the first half of 2021.

Key Findings from FERC:

FERC’s latest monthly “Energy Infrastructure Update” report (with data through June 30, 2021) reveals that renewable energy sources accounted for 91.6% – or 10,940 megawatts (MW) – of the 11,940 MW of new capacity added during the first six months of the year. Wind led the capacity additions with 5,617 MW, followed closely by solar (5,279 MW). Further, wind and solar were the only sources of new capacity additions in June 2021.

Renewables now provide more than a quarter (25.1%) of total U.S. available installed generating capacity. A year ago, their share was only 23.0%. Wind is now more than a tenth (10.4%) of the nation’s generating capacity while utility-scale solar is nearly five percent (4.9%) … and that does not include distributed (e.g., rooftop) solar.

Moreover, FERC data suggest that renewables’ share of generating capacity is on track to increase significantly over the next three years (i.e., by June 2024). “High probability” generation capacity additions for wind, minus anticipated retirements, reflect a projected net increase of 21,129 MW while solar is foreseen growing by 44,385 MW. By comparison, net growth for natural gas will be only 13,241 MW. Thus, wind and solar combined are forecast to provide roughly five times more new net generating capacity than natural gas over the next three years.

If these numbers materialize, by June 2024, renewable energy generating capacity should account for almost 30 percent (29.4%) of the nation’s total available installed generating capacity.

I notice that you said "makes up 92% of new generating capacity". When you have a stupid dumbass admin that hates fossil fuels, of course they will push our tax dollars towards stupid sources of energy.

I notice that you said "makes up 92% of new generating capacity". When you have a stupid dumbass admin that hates fossil fuels, of course they will push our tax dollars towards stupid sources of energy.

You dumb fuck, it is not any admin that is pushing the switch to renewables, but the bean counters in the utilities. This is for 2020. Now who was in charge in 2020, and how did the treasonous fat senile old orange clown encourage renewables? Yet the amount of wind and solar increased by very significant amounts. Generation amounts, not just generation potential.

"In 2020, U.S. electricity generation from coal in all sectors declined 20% from 2019, while renewables, including small-scale solar, increased 9%. Wind, currently the most prevalent source of renewable electricity in the United States, grew 14% in 2020 from 2019. Utility-scale solar generation (from projects greater than 1 megawatt) increased 26%, and small-scale solar, such as grid-connected rooftop solar panels, increased 19%."

Well, with your attitude, I would not have hired you for any position. Have you ever heard of Tesla Megapacks? They work very well for small installations like that. And I very much like the idea of more sheep around. Wool cloths are the best. If that plant is next to that small town, why are you flapping yap about transmission losses? Do you know what a VPP is? Just another ignorant luddite uselessly resisting the inevitable change better technology is bringing to all of us.

USA​

Key Findings from FERC:

What does that have to do with anything? It was a small percentage, remains a small percentage, and will be a small percentage in the future.

Untrue Ensign
Many big Cos say they will be All or most EVs by 2040.
Everyone is going EV.
GM, Ford, Mercedes, Porsche, etc.
ie,

or
GM.com

`

Untrue Ensign
Everyone is going EV.
ie,

or
GM.com

`
Have seen the prices of these new vehicles? They are twice what an ICE vehicle costs and cannot match the performance. In about a year, you can probably buy a used Ford Lightning for next to nothing because it can never live up to the hype.

Have seen the prices of these new vehicles? They are twice what an ICE vehicle costs and cannot match the performance. In about a year, you can probably buy a used Ford Lightning for next to nothing because it can never live up to the hype.
IOW you were Wrong about them staying 'small percentage' and now pivoting to price.
Relative Price will of course come down over time with manufacturing efficiencies. (solar power has dropped 85% in 11 years)
Gameover.

Stick to reruns of Midway Ensign, you're out of your league on any news, business, or science.
bye.
`

The Tesla Plaid is the fastest accelerating car in the world. And it is a five passenger luxury sedan. Far cheaper that most sports sedans. And will beat most super sports cars that cost a million or more in the quarter mile. The model Y performance Tesla will beat the boss Mustang hands down.

Untrue Ensign
Everyone is going EV.
ie,

or
GM.com

`
Do you think the poor are going to be able to afford EV? Oh nevermind, when the United States goes full on Communist, then everyone will be forced to get one, whether they want one or not.

Forum List

Back