EV cars are sitting on new car lots on average for over a year now!

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Consumer reports sticks another spear into the EV bull (see what I did there?). They are less reliable than similar ICE vehicles. So you get to pay a lot more, for a lot less range, the hassle of charging AND they are not very reliable. All the government subsidies and mandates and the EV industry is going belly up. The consumer is finally waking up from Wokeness.

Consumer reports sticks another spear into the EV bull (see what I did there?). They are less reliable than similar ICE vehicles. So you get to pay a lot more, for a lot less range, the hassle of charging AND they are not very reliable. All the government subsidies and mandates and the EV industry is going belly up. The consumer is finally waking up from Wokeness.

Maybe that is how long it takes to finally get a full charge?

EV cars are sitting on new car lots on average for over a year now!​

Everyone knows that sitting around unused, uncharged is very bad for any battery. So now with an EV, you get to pay the full, very high retail price for a car that is already a year old, and a battery that has sat around in the lot for over a year before you even drive it off the lot?

I DON'T THINK SO.

No but Biden and elected democrats do... they won't give subsidies for hybrids just full electric.... if they were smart they would change that to include Hybrids....
You don't know what you are talking about. My daughter just bought a hybrid Accord, and she got the rebate.

All-electric, plug-in hybrid, and fuel cell electric vehicles purchased new in 2023 or after may be eligible for a federal income tax credit of up to $7,500.
The availability of the credit will depend on several factors, including the vehicle's MSRP, its final assembly location, battery component and/or critical minerals sourcing, and your modified adjusted gross income (AGI).
Learn more about requirements.

Qualified vehicles purchased before 2023 may be eligible for a similar tax credit of up to $7,500.
Pre-owned vehicles purchased in 2023 or after are eligible for a tax credit of up to $4,000.
State and/or local tax incentives may also apply.

You don't know what you are talking about. My daughter just bought a hybrid Accord, and she got the rebate.

All-electric, plug-in hybrid, and fuel cell electric vehicles purchased new in 2023 or after may be eligible for a federal income tax credit of up to $7,500.
The availability of the credit will depend on several factors, including the vehicle's MSRP, its final assembly location, battery component and/or critical minerals sourcing, and your modified adjusted gross income (AGI).
Learn more about requirements.

Qualified vehicles purchased before 2023 may be eligible for a similar tax credit of up to $7,500.
Pre-owned vehicles purchased in 2023 or after are eligible for a tax credit of up to $4,000.
State and/or local tax incentives may also apply.

Federal Tax Credits for Plug-in Electric and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles Purchased in 2023 or After​

Hey dumbass... I was referring to non plug in hybrids that charge with your gas engine like the popular Honda and Toyota BMW line of cars... not everyone can put a charging station in their home... so Biden should include non plug in hybrid cars too...

too...

Last edited:
We are not ready for the EVs. Already, Musk's power car charging fields with many charging stations need supplemental diesel powered generators. The charging stations vary greatly as to the 'handshake' needed in order to have the station recognize your car and many stations were found to be faulty and out of order. Right now it looks like commuters like them but, they buy the cheapest. With Ford cutting back on the production of EVs (due to lack of demand) the EV market is collapsing. If it were not for Government incentives and subsidies, "EVs for all" is just not viable. IMO infrastructure is really lacking.

I did see a Tesla semi that was really cool. After listening to their spiel, the last thing they said was that EV semi delivery trucks that have established routes would be ideal because recharging could be accurately scheduled.

No but Biden and elected democrats do... they won't give subsidies for hybrids just full electric.... if they were smart they would change that to include Hybrids....

Electric Cars and Plug-In Hybrids That Qualify for Federal ...

1701325863474.png

Consumer Reports
https://www.consumerreports.org › Cars › Hybrids/EVs

Sep 29, 2023 — Consumer Reports details the list of 2023 and 2024 model-year electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids that qualify for federal tax credits of up

Federal Tax Credits for Plug-in Electric and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles Purchased in 2023 or After​

Hey dumbass... I was referring to non plug in hybrids that charge with your gas engine like the popular Honda and Toyota BMW line of cars... not everyone can put a charging station in their home... so Biden should include non plug in hybrid cars too...

too...
Thanks for the info. I'll tell her to give the rebate back.

The news on TV a little while ago said that EV sales are down 50%! That is a lot.

All these people that bought these L-I EVs now realize how shitty they are.

Got it.You know more about the car my daughter just bought than I do. You cult members are something else.
Find a link and prove what you are saying... there are no federal subsidies on non plug in cars.... period... I know because I bought my grandson a Hybrid CRV....

Forum List

Back