Europe hits a milestone: 120 degrees, highest in European recorded history.

Given that we have only existed as a species for at the most 300,000 years, stating that the climate for most of the age of the Earth is relevant to our species is kinda retarded. For about the first half of the Earth's existence we could not even breathe the atmosphere.
No, you're retarded. Climate did not begin with our species. Lots of things breathed just fine for hundreds of millions of years.

A weather station in Sicily may have set an all-time high temperature record for all of Europe on Wednesday,
What city is the weather station located in?

eco-extremists are notorious for putting sensors concrete jungles where temps read abnormally high

When did climate begin?

How is that relevant to the topic?
Read the post I was responding to. That should provide some context.

Has climate ever changed?
youre-an-idiot-tracey-bloom.gif

Didn't ask you that. Yes, focus on the context:
Your claim:
Climate did not begin with our species.
Notice how you're playing expert? Good. Now:
"When did climate begin?"

Didn't ask you that. Yes, focus on the context:
Your claim:

Notice how you're playing expert? Good. Now:
"When did climate begin?"
I'm not playing an expert. Never claimed to be. You asked the questions. I provided answers to those which I thought may shed some insight. If that is not what you are looking for...go find them yourself.

There has always been a dynamic climate on this planet. Dynamism is the very essence of nature. Whether amidst a primordial ooze, during the Jurassic Period, or modern day...climate is changing and ever present. Your mistake is conflating weather WITH climate.

Even Pluto, a frozen rock at the edge of our solar system has a climate. Climate is EVER present.

So to ask "when did climate begin?" is a non starter as climate, in some form or another has been here since the rock cooled, and some form of atmosphere formed.

I'm not playing an expert. Never claimed to be.
Well that's funny.
Climate did not begin with our species. Lots of things breathed just fine for hundreds of millions of years.
Sure sounds like someone with godlike powers to me. How else could one know "things breathed just fine" hundreds of millions of years ago? Things like what? Scissors, rocks, paper? Why would anyone care about that? Breathing fine = having a climate, wtf?
You asked the questions. I provided answers to those which I thought may shed some insight. If that is not what you are looking for...go find them yourself.
Jeez, you spineless invertebrate. Once you've gone there you can't just turn around and answer my question anyway. Show a little backbone!
There has always been a dynamic climate on this planet. Dynamism is the very essence of nature. Whether amidst a primordial ooze, during the Jurassic Period, or modern day...climate is changing and ever present.
There ya go. See, I knew you could do it. So we agree -- climate changes. You don't really want to deny that. And now for the piece de resistance.. Is it possible that the rate of climate change has begun increasing and that that's what climate scientists actually mean and worry about when they use the term climate change?

Allow me to illustrate with an example. Let's say climate is like speed in ft./sec. Just bear with me. Now say you're watching an anemometer for a bit and it changes from 5 to 7, 8, 6, 3, and back to five ft./sec. Averages 5.667 ft./sec. Wow, now you have an average rate. No one really cares. But wait.. You also measured how long you were watching.. 51 seconds. Now you know the rate of change over the entire period was 0.111ft./sec./sec. Neato! Kind of sounds useful like acceleration or something! We can actually start predicting stuff and modeling things with that sort of data.
Your mistake is conflating weather WITH climate.
Sure, sparky. You'll have a point there the moment you manage to quote, not just me, but anyone here doing that.. except one of your fellow denier idiots, of course.
So to ask "when did climate begin?" is a non starter
Gee, and now why do you suppose I asked?
Given that we have only existed as a species for at the most 300,000 years, stating that the climate for most of the age of the Earth is relevant to our species is kinda retarded. For about the first half of the Earth's existence we could not even breathe the atmosphere.
That's what you were supposedly responding to. Your response was not only "a non starter" but typical, pathetic, desperate simply to distract, denier crapola. Yeah, I bet you seriously believe we can't see right through all of this lame expert posturing and haven't heard it all thousands of times already. Well, we have. Grab a real education. Get a clue. Then you'll at least be a challenging denier like Reiny Days.

Last edited:
All human history is a blip on a historical scale. The question is why are global temperatures rising as fast as they are and what are the causes.

The REAL question should be - why should one or two nations be funding remediation efforts while intentionally gutting their own economies if the two greatest offenders - China and India - are doing nothing?

“A weather station in Sicily may have set an all-time high temperature record for all of Europe on Wednesday, when the temperature climbed to a scorching 48.8°C (119.8°F) amid a regional heat wave that has shown few signs of relenting.

The big picture: The intense heat wave continues to roast the Mediterranean and northern Africa. The hot and dry weather has played a large role in creating the conditions conducive for explosive and devastating wildfires in Turkey and Greece.”

These are middle eastern or Death Valley temperatures.

One can only wonder why anyone would deny anthropogenic climate change.

"May have". The language of charlatans. Hot Tuesday, waaaaay back in 1704, killed many Londoners. No temp records survived, but London must have been an oven.

But that's factual history that proves the fraudsters are lying. So they ignore it.

What city is the weather station located in?

eco-extremists are notorious for putting sensors concrete jungles where temps read abnormally high
Syracuse, in southern Sicily, which isn’t far from Africa.

And the official high was 111, not 120. OP is a complete and total lie. As if thermometers don’t break and give errant readings.

Those screaming at "deniers", don't forget, you belched out and are still belching out co2. So stop feeling as though you are God, you too caused this problem that you think exists. And the reason why no one gives a toss, because you're doing fuck all yourself.

Forum List

Back