The Past Seven Years Have Been The Hottest In Recorded History, New Data Shows

Billy Boy, did you forget that time continues to flow on by and with every little bit of it, there are NEW DATA.
Tell me Crick, why did they lower the temperatures by 0.7 deg C for this 1930-1940 time period? What "new data" are you touting to prove this change in the empirical record? You really are a hapless moron..

That is not what AGW is about. The earth's climate is a complex interaction. The average overall temperature can increase while certain areas remain the same or even slightly cool.

Let us take a class of male students in 3rd grade. The average HEIGHT of the kids is about 4'. That does NOT MEAN that every member of the class is exactly 4' tall. Far from it. It means that the DISTRIBUTION of heights has an average that is 4'

Same with global climate change. The AVERAGE global temperature is NOT THE SAME VALUE AS EVERY POINT ON THE GLOBE.

global_gis_2021.jpg

"As the maps show, global warming does not mean temperatures rise everywhere at every time by same rate. Temperatures might rise 5 degrees in one region and drop 2 degrees in another. For instance, exceptionally cold winters in one place might be balanced by extremely warm winters in another part of the world. Generally, warming is greater over land than over the oceans because water is slower to absorb and release heat (thermal inertia). Warming may also differ substantially within specific land masses and ocean basins." (SOURCE)

vide supra

That isn't even how global warming is determine. The temperature station data is compared to a baseline data set (this results in a "temperature anomaly") and it is GRID AVERAGED with other station points around it to cover a much larger region.

I asked for where ... not how ... dipshit ... just more evasion is all ... that NASA map looks completely beige to me, the exact color of average temperature gain ... except for Peru, and the polar water upwelling there ... so for at least this one year, my claims pan out, including the Arctic Amplification ... so much for one year averages ...

But thank you for the weather update ... I was wondering why my skies were spitting snow today ...

That isn't even how global warming is determine. The temperature station data is compared to a baseline data set (this results in a "temperature anomaly") and it is GRID AVERAGED with other station points around it to cover a much larger region.

I have no idea where you get these silly notions ... "grid averaged" ??? ... [sigh] ... from your own citation:

"NASA’s temperature analyses incorporate surface temperature measurements from more than 20,000 weather stations, ship- and buoy-based observations of sea surface temperatures, and temperature measurements from Antarctic research stations. These in situ measurements are analyzed using an algorithm that considers the varied spacing of temperature stations around the globe and urban heat island effects."

NOAA's method uses the dynamic models in static mode ... and let the computer run for a month fleshing out the gradients ... then integrate like NASA does ... easy peasy ...

I asked for where ... not how ... dipshit

And I showed you a MAP. Can't read a map?

... just more evasion is all ... that NASA map looks completely beige to me,

Colorblind? Sorry.

I have no idea where you get these silly notions ... "grid averaged" ???

"Data averaged over 5 °x 5° grid " (SOURCE)

"Here, T42 grid averages were derived from station records that had less than 20% estimated monthly data during 1919–2008" (SOURCE)

And I showed you a MAP. Can't read a map?

Colorblind? Sorry.

"Data averaged over 5 °x 5° grid " (SOURCE)

"Here, T42 grid averages were derived from station records that had less than 20% estimated monthly data during 1919–2008" (SOURCE)

Which is why I'm asking for empirical data ... you know, the stuff that disproves your conjectures ... I can see why you avoid this empirical data like the plague ...

What are you averaging over your 300 mile by 300 mile grid, and what about pressure, humidity, wind speed and direction? ... we can fit a hurricane inside this grid ... LOLOLOLOLOL ... too funny ...

Did you change citations ... HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW ... the quotes I provided from your first citation disputes your claims, so you quick-changed the citation ... you didn't think I'd notice? ...

"NASA’s temperature analyses incorporate surface temperature measurements from more than 20,000 weather stations, ship- and buoy-based observations of sea surface temperatures, and temperature measurements from Antarctic research stations. These in situ measurements are analyzed using an algorithm that considers the varied spacing of temperature stations around the globe and urban heat island effects."

And then simply integrate ... 5ºx5º only gets us close, dA gives us exact ...

Which is why I'm asking for empirical data

On the map.

What are you averaging over your 300 mile by 300 mile grid, and what about pressure, humidity, wind speed and direction? ... we can fit a hurricane inside this grid ... LOLOLOLOLOL ... too funny ...

Isn't it interesting how you mocked the concept of "grid averages" even existing, and now you are picking something else apart about them when you were shown that you didn't know what you were talking about? I find it interesting.

You should read more about the actual topic.

Did you change citations ... HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW ... the quotes I provided from your first citation disputes your claims, so you quick-changed the citation ... you didn't think I'd notice? ...

No, I was merely pointing out to you that "Grid averages" are a real thing in processing temperature data for AGW.

So you have changed your tune/accusation 100% after I refuted your IDIOTIC claim that I was trying to "Silence Dissent."
You ******* Dope.
I was in fact BEGGING For real dissent/meaty replies throughout.
I post substance.
Unlike you and taking-it-from-the-BackAgain who are just RW trolls who make up 70% of USMB.
Point us to your Topical posts here?
Thread starts?
You empty POS.
`
I see you've gone with #1. That's where the smart money was.

On the map.

The map is the data interpreted ... I'm asking for the station records ... any station world-wide that shows a drop in temperature in the past fifty years ... as you claimed ...

Ease off the ad hominem arguments ... I can return the favor ... but for now I'll just insult your inability to understand what "empirical data" is ... your inability to understand what an integral is ... your inability to understand what computational fluid dynamics is ... etc etc etc ...

No, I was merely pointing out to you that "Grid averages" are a real thing in processing temperature data for AGW.

Wrong again bucky-boy ... grid averages are used in computer simulations of future temperatures ... so called "climate models" ... we don't have to average over 300x300 mile grids to get actual temperature readings from thermometers and/or radiosondes ... I'm guessing this is 300 miles up, or the entire atmosphere ... 27,000,000 cubic miles ...

SB greybody ... HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW ... I'm going to ruin my keyboard spraying coffee every morning ...

Wrong again bucky-boy ... grid averages are used in computer simulations of future temperatures ... so called "climate models"

Incorrect. It is how the current temperature data is processed.

The new global temperature data sets, which come from three of the world’s top climate research institutions, are packed with alarming signs of a world in crisis. More than two dozen countries that are home to about 1.8 billion people experienced their warmest years ever last year. July was the hottest month humanity has recorded. The heat dome that seared the Pacific Northwest this past summer was “the most anomalous extreme heat event ever observed on Earth,” in the words of one scientist — a disaster so severe that it would have been virtually impossible in a world without climate change.

[snip]

The year 2021 was the seventh in a row in which global temperatures were more than 1 degree Celsius above the preindustrial average. It’s unlikely anyone alive will see the world’s temperature drop below that 1-degree benchmark again.

“There is no going back,” said Schmidt, director of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies and a lead researcher on the agency’s annual temperature analysis. The roughly 1.5 trillion tons of carbon dioxide emitted by humans — more than half of it in the 34 years since Hansen’s testimony — will not leave the atmosphere for at least several more centuries.

Maybe it's time to invest in some real estate in Iceland or Greenland...
Sorry, but THAT IS AN OUT RIGHT LIE. It has been over 10 years since we have had a day over 124 degrees. Since that time I saw hail balls the size between baseballs and golf balls in Phoenix. Over night every auto body shop became hail repair experts. No matter how many times they have been caught with false date there are people that must have a life full of doom and glum So enjoy it but leave me out of your delusion.

I put him on ignore a year ago, he will never be reasonable or rational I have had numerous posts of his removed for trashing my threads up with blatant trolling attacks.

He isn't worth it.
You put me on Ignore (Not) because I beat you in every debate we had.
Most tellingly...
You also could not (CAN'T NOW!) even answer what your position was on the issue at hand!!!
And it's apparent from your posts in "The Skeptics are Winning" and elsewhere you not only don't believe in AGW, you don't believe in GW/it IS warming, even naturally!!
Half you posts are "It's cold in Portland today, so it can't be warming," and "it stopped" (in year/s.... 1998 or 2008 or 2016, etc.)

`

You put me on Ignore (Not) because I beat you in every debate we had.
Most tellingly...
You also could not (CAN'T NOW!) even answer what your position was on the issue at hand!!!
And it's apparent from your posts in "The Skeptics are Winning" and elsewhere you not only don't believe in AGW, you don't believe in GW/it IS warming, even naturally!!
Half you posts are "It's cold in Portland today, so it can't be warming," and "it stopped" (in year/s.... 1998 or 2008 or 2016, etc.)

`
He did it because I'm sure, like me, he tires of your lying bullshit spew. Now I ignore you too.

hottest day.png

The new global temperature data sets, which come from three of the world’s top climate research institutions, are packed with alarming signs of a world in crisis. More than two dozen countries that are home to about 1.8 billion people experienced their warmest years ever last year. July was the hottest month humanity has recorded. The heat dome that seared the Pacific Northwest this past summer was “the most anomalous extreme heat event ever observed on Earth,” in the words of one scientist — a disaster so severe that it would have been virtually impossible in a world without climate change.

[snip]

The year 2021 was the seventh in a row in which global temperatures were more than 1 degree Celsius above the preindustrial average. It’s unlikely anyone alive will see the world’s temperature drop below that 1-degree benchmark again.

“There is no going back,” said Schmidt, director of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies and a lead researcher on the agency’s annual temperature analysis. The roughly 1.5 trillion tons of carbon dioxide emitted by humans — more than half of it in the 34 years since Hansen’s testimony — will not leave the atmosphere for at least several more centuries.

No wonder the senior managers of the AGW Cult are selling their oceanfront mansions for pennies on the dollar…..er, oh wait!

[snip]

Tell Westwall, that fossil fuel homer!

Forum List

Back