ESCALATION! US Hits Syrian Jet, Russia Cuts Communications...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Wow, we invade a country, shoot down one of its aircraft, and then claim it's 'Self Defense.' Is is it just me, or is something very wrong with this picture?

A US Navy F-18 shot down a Syrian military aircraft over Syrian territory Sunday, marking the first time the US has engaged in air to air combat since the US attack on Yugoslavia in 1999. US claims that the Syrians were targeting US-backed rebels were undermined by reporting by the generally pro-rebel Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which stated that according to its sources on the ground the Syrian aircraft was not attacking US-backed anti-government forces...

Escalation! US Hits Syrian Jet, Russia Cuts Communications

It's very sad to see Trump following Obama and McCain's lead on Syria. We're backing very bad folks there. We shouldn't be in Syria. Period, end of story.

It's very sad to see Trump following Obama and McCain's lead on Syria. We're backing very bad folks there. We shouldn't be in Syria. Period, end of story.

The only thing this post is off on is it SHOULD say following Obama and Bushs lead.

Wow, we invade a country, shoot down one of its aircraft, and then claim it's 'Self Defense.' Is is it just me, or is something very wrong with this picture?

A US Navy F-18 shot down a Syrian military aircraft over Syrian territory Sunday, marking the first time the US has engaged in air to air combat since the US attack on Yugoslavia in 1999. US claims that the Syrians were targeting US-backed rebels were undermined by reporting by the generally pro-rebel Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which stated that according to its sources on the ground the Syrian aircraft was not attacking US-backed anti-government forces...

What's Russia doing in that country?

Russia's been a long-time ally of Syria's. We had no business invading Syria. To claim 'Self Defense' after invading a country, is preposterous Bullshit. I mean, imagine a country invading the US, shooting down aircraft, and then claiming 'Self Defense?' Would Americans accept that?

Russia's been a long-time ally of Syria's. We had no business invading Syria. To claim 'Self Defense' after invading a country, is preposterous Bullshit. I mean, imagine a country invading the US, shooting down aircraft, and then claiming 'Self Defense?' Would Americans accept that?

'Syrians were targeting US-backed rebels'

there are a lot of brainwashed sheep in america and on this forum who are so brainwashed by our school system to not understand that it is a ONE PARTY SYSTEM designed to look like two so the sheep think they have a choice in who gets elected.

too ignorant to understand that out last REAL president who followed the constitution paid the price for it on nov 22nd 1963 and that someone like ron paul who has the same views as kennedy did or an independent like gary johnson or ralph nader will never get elected because they are not part of the secret round table group the bilderbergers and that because of that , they never have a chance to get elected.:rolleyes:

they want to keep fooling themselves into thinking this is a free county unable to accept facts it is a banana republic.:rolleyes:

Russia has been an ally of Syria's for decades. The question that should be asked is what the hell is the US and other countries doing trying to overthrow Assad and fuck up the ME even more.

Look how well Libya turned out. The terror militias even have open slave markets these days.

Who have been allied with Jabhat al Nusra. AQ in Syria.

Will you quit with this fantasy of any country invading the USA ..it makes you look real stupid.

The Syrians attacked our allies fighting ISIS ...

Will you quit with this fantasy of any country invading the USA ..it makes you look real stupid.

Don't we have troops in Syria too? Could it be the Syrians were bombing too close to them?

Don't we have troops in Syria too? Could it be the Syrians were bombing too close to them?

Article said our "advisor's" were not in the vicinity

And??

If they were, do you think they'd say so or lie about it?

Personally, I'd want them to lie about it.

Sadly, our allies in Syria have been radical Terror orgs like al Qaeda and ISIS. Much of the so-called 'Rebels' are Jihadists. What a mess. We shouldn't be in Syria.

We do have troops in Syria? But why?

If they were, do you think they'd say so or lie about it?

Personally, I'd want them to lie about it.

You wanna be lied to? Boy, that's exactly what's wrong with most Americans. So brainwashed, they actually wanna be lied to now. That's just so sad.

Russia has been an ally of Syria's for decades. The question that should be asked is what the hell is the US and other countries doing trying to overthrow Assad and fuck up the ME even more.

Look how well Libya turned out. The terror militias even have open slave markets these days.

Exactly, Tiny.

Putin to Megyn Kelly:
We do not want Syria to be confronted with a situation similar to that in Libya or Somalia or Afghanistan, where NATO has been present for many years but the situation is not changing for the better.

We want to preserve [Syrian] statehood and once this fundamental matter is resolved, to move further towards settling the Syrian crisis by political means.

But let us not forget that if it were not for active intervention from the outside we would not have had the situation and the civil war that we are seeing now.

Has Assad made mistakes? He probably has, and quite a few, too. Now, are the people who are up against him angels? Who is killing people, executing children and beheading people there? Are we supposed to support them?

St Petersburg International Economic Forum plenary meeting

Sadly, our allies in Syria have been radical Terror orgs like al Qaeda and ISIS. Much of the so-called 'Rebels' are Jihadists. What a mess. We shouldn't be in Syria.

I agree it's always been a mess , we know that how the ISIS got armed in the first place...by McCain

Exactly, Tiny.

Putin to Megyn Kelly:
We do not want Syria to be confronted with a situation similar to that in Libya or Somalia or Afghanistan, where NATO has been present for many years but the situation is not changing for the better.

We want to preserve [Syrian] statehood and once this fundamental matter is resolved, to move further towards settling the Syrian crisis by political means.

But let us not forget that if it were not for active intervention from the outside we would not have had the situation and the civil war that we are seeing now.

Has Assad made mistakes? He probably has, and quite a few, too. Now, are the people who are up against him angels? Who is killing people, executing children and beheading people there? Are we supposed to support them?

St Petersburg International Economic Forum plenary meeting

I fear that Syria with America's and EU's intervention Syria will be turned over to various terror groups. This is not a civil war. It never has been. When you have thousands of Sunni fighters from over 80 different countries it's called a freaking INVASION.

I do wish more people understood this.

Forum List

Back