Erin Andrews awarded $55m

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Wow !!

Erin Andrews Awarded $55 Million in LawsuitGood Morning America

MEGHAN KENEALLY 8 minutes ago

The jury has awarded Erin Andrews $55 million in her civil lawsuit over the secret recording and release of a video showing her naked during a hotel stay.

The sportscaster's original suit asked for $75 million from the owner and operator of the Nashville, Tennessee, hotel where she was staying, and Michael David Barrett, the stalker who used a hacksaw to tamper with her room's peephole and record the video in 2008.

West End Hotel Partners, which owns and operates that Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, has said Barrett's criminal actions were his responsibility, not theirs. Barrett was convicted in criminal court of stalking Andrews and sentenced to two and a half years in prison.

Erin Andrews Awarded $55 Million in Lawsuit

She was asking for $75m.
I really didn't see she would get anywhere near that.
Bet Marriott wishes they would have settled out of court now.

Marriot will appeal the excessive verdict, and then they will negotiate a much lower settlement.

It will be less on appeal. Hopefully policy is changed at hotel chains nationwide.

Why is that hoe so ashamed of her body, especially since she is an attention whore professionally? Do the morons on the jury realize their award will come back in higher hotel rates that everyone must pay who stay at their hotels?

Why is that hoe so ashamed of her body, especially since she is an attention whore professionally? Do the morons on the jury realize their award will come back in higher hotel rates that everyone must pay who stay at their hotels?

I think she feels invaded, and is now always going to be paranoid.
I don't blame her for being upset a stalker got this far, but it does seem like an unreal amount of money.

You're a scumbag.

And every time I take my clothes off in a hotel (lobby) people start calling the police on ME! Where's the justice?

Who the hell is Erin Andrews and why is her body worth 55m when most people wouldn't get 1% of that in the real world? I'd paraphrase Bernie Sanders where elitist celebs seem to rule the world while contributing next to nothing while Banks and Wall Street get all the blame.

Question should be, was her body and the peeping Tom that saw it, was it worth 55 million?

Wow !!

The jury has awarded Erin Andrews $55 million in her civil lawsuit over the secret recording and release of a video showing her naked during a hotel stay.

The sportscaster's original suit asked for $75 million from the owner and operator of the Nashville, Tennessee, hotel where she was staying, and Michael David Barrett, the stalker who used a hacksaw to tamper with her room's peephole and record the video in 2008.

West End Hotel Partners, which owns and operates that Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University, has said Barrett's criminal actions were his responsibility, not theirs. Barrett was convicted in criminal court of stalking Andrews and sentenced to two and a half years in prison.

Would I get even half of that if someone videotapes my penis? Size matters.

She stated that "video has changed her as a person, she become more bitter and less trustful"...

Basically, she wanted money because she's a woman.

14xys01.gif

Wow !!

I agree and you can blame the jury for awarding that much money.

Good lord. Fifty Five million because some scum bag took a video of her and to blame the hotel??

Just goes to show what idiots jurors are.

Wow !!

I agree and you can blame the jury for awarding that much money.

Good lord. Fifty Five million because some scum bag took a video of her and to blame the hotel??

Just goes to show what idiots jurors are.

Let us not forget we're dealing with idiots who couldn't get out of jury duty. LOL. The jury system is truly insane in this country. Most of those serving in juries aren't qualified.

Last edited:
I am guessing that she did not like someone else deciding whether or not she be seen naked by anyone. Because it is her body, it should be her decision and only her's.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back