Enter Your Opinion On How ISIS Will Be Stopped

yeah , that good information Decus , thanks . I also like turkeys attitude about keeping their historical symbols like this grave or body , tomb under their control . Course , its also good information as it illustrates the amount of worth that they put on the living people that were fighting for their lives in 'kobani' .

The Turks rolled tanks and troops into Syria to recover the tomb of the grandfather of the founder of the Ottoman Empire. Hard to believe that the Turks watched (bird's eye view in fact) while Kobani bled and men, women and children died, but because a symbol of the Ottoman Empire was thought to be at risk an effort was made to save the tomb. Go figure:

Turkey launches raid to save Ottoman tomb in Syria - CBS News
Turkey hates the Kurds. Has officially labelled them as terrorists. With Turkey's blind eye to ISIS's oil exports I doubt the tomb was in any danger from ISIS. I would guess Turkey is forecasting major battles in that region.

hey Decus , little I know about the 'ottoman empire' I think that its the 'calphate' that came to an end in the , think its the early 20s [about] . If so or if I'm at least on track the 1912 borders are the old caliphate borders aren't they ?? If so , then yeah , erdogen also wants the caliphate back . I think its only normal that he and many , most muslims / arabs want it back .
Ottoman empire was defeated in WW I and was broken up. One part of the Ottoman empire would later become known as the country of Israel.

and , I think that the turks , isis , Iranians and all muslims have Israel in their sights 'randomv' .

We all know ISIS grows in member numbers and in geography. It is the overwhelming consensus opinion bombing by the several countries now bombing them will not stop them. So state what will stop them in your opinion and try to leave politics out of this thread.

As the US realizes they can't defeat terror with more terror, they'll simply quit making them a big front page story, interest in them will wane, and we'll invent some new boogeyman and try it again. In actuality ISIS will still be there, but we'll call them something else then say we defeated ISIS. It's how we defeated al-Qaeda afterall. Invent a new boogeyman, call em ISIS, fight a bit, then when you notice that that doesn't work, invent a new bad guy.

The bad guys never get defeated. We simply invent new names for them.

We all know ISIS grows in member numbers and in geography. It is the overwhelming consensus opinion bombing by the several countries now bombing them will not stop them. So state what will stop them in your opinion and try to leave politics out of this thread.

Embrace them. Hug them. Speak softly and kindly to them. Give them food stamps. Give them College scholarships.

Nothing else could possibly work.

Yo, we need 100,000 Kris Kyle`s all over the middle east where these savages are! This is the only way to wipe those uninformed, hey that word uninformed reminds me of the Radicals here in the States, sub-humans out! Ground Troops is the only option? And we need to get all Countries involved in the middle east and elsewhere, need to rut these Barbarians out! Blow them to Kingdom come!

You might want to consider deleting that image. It doesn't seem in keeping with the TOS.

And, as to your sentiments, you are a bit overblown, I believe, Not on the wrong track, entirely. But the hyperbole is not helpful.

fmdog44 , Ground combat is the only solution.Everybody knows that.

Not the only solution, but the likely one.

Once before we fought an enemy which was lead by a God. They swore to fight to the bitter end for their God. After they saw the power of a couple of nukes, they surrendered and their God?

Not so much

Japan's not been much of a problem since them has it?

Last edited:
fmdog44 , Ground combat is the only solution.Everybody knows that.
Muslim ground troops might get it done.

America does not have the stomach to let our troops do it.

Every time our troops put a good ass-whipping on somebody a large part of America starts whimping out about "brutality".

While calling itself Islamic, the vast majority of the ISIL cadre are a bunch of barbaric thugs out to enrich themselves. They rely on a bunch of brainwashed idiots to carry out their plans while they hide behind the lines.

The way to stop ISIL is to take out and remove that cadre. Without leadership, the remaining scumbags will disperse, blow themselves up, or walk into enemy fire.

If the cadre is to be wiped out, it will only be by Muslim governments in the area that step up to fight them.
How MANY times have we killed the "# 2 man" in these Islamic terror acronym organizations.

ISIL will be stopped when it secures Iraq, Syria, maybe Egypt, and Libya.

Then it will be busy organizing and running a country.

As the US realizes they can't defeat terror with more terror, they'll simply quit making them a big front page story, interest in them will wane, and we'll invent some new boogeyman and try it again. In actuality ISIS will still be there, but we'll call them something else then say we defeated ISIS. It's how we defeated al-Qaeda afterall. Invent a new boogeyman, call em ISIS, fight a bit, then when you notice that that doesn't work, invent a new bad guy.

The bad guys never get defeated. We simply invent new names for them.
IS isn't al-Qaeda. They're basically the result of a merger between the local franchise of al-Qaeda and various Islamist rebel groups from Syria and Sunni rebels from Iraq. AQ still exists. They're just not the threat they were before for various reasons.

I read Turkey will avoid involvement. ISIS is here and will attack places like the Mall of America. They will simply walk in and start shooting and slicing. FACT: The long this country does nothing the larger this cancer will grow until we HAVE to commit and at that point it will be tales of countless Americans being burned alive and being beheaded. the next president will be forced to watch the slaughter of thousands of people because this traitor we have in office refuses to move. Clinton if she wins will simply lay the blame for the blood letting on Obama's refusal to move when he should have. Today it will take 20,000 American boots on the ground to stop this army of madness. Wait two years and that number will double.

I read Turkey will avoid involvement. ISIS is here and will attack places like the Mall of America. They will simply walk in and start shooting and slicing. FACT: The long this country does nothing the larger this cancer will grow until we HAVE to commit and at that point it will be tales of countless Americans being burned alive and being beheaded. the next president will be forced to watch the slaughter of thousands of people because this traitor we have in office refuses to move. Clinton if she wins will simply lay the blame for the blood letting on Obama's refusal to move when he should have. Today it will take 20,000 American boots on the ground to stop this army of madness. Wait two years and that number will double.

I generally agree with much of what you had to say in that post. My biggest exception is that Shrillary would blame Boooooooooooooooooooooooosh.

Embrace them. Hug them. Speak softly and kindly to them. Give them food stamps. Give them College scholarships.

IlarMeilyr You've been looking at my sig.

Yo, we need 100,000 Kris Kyle`s all over the middle east where these savages are! This is the only way to wipe those uninformed, hey that word uninformed reminds me of the Radicals here in the States, sub-humans out! Ground Troops is the only option? And we need to get all Countries involved in the middle east and elsewhere, need to rut these Barbarians out! Blow them to Kingdom come!

You might want to consider deleting that image. It doesn't seem in keeping with the TOS.

And, as to your sentiments, you are a bit overblown, I believe, Not on the wrong track, entirely. But the hyperbole is not helpful.
This is a reply to Rambo mainly. I see him and his image have gone. Far all the anger that image represented ISIS has plenty of those. (For those who missed it the image was of a person blown apart.) ISIS has images of mothers crying over sons, children disfigured, and babies crying and burnt over most of their bodies. And ISIS states that America did this. For those who say, "America is just going to go in there guns blazing and ISIS will die and the people will cheer." it ain't like that. I am not anti-American but one must look at the facts, bombing a city and then showing up with milk cartoon with pictures of Jesus on them kind of speak of religious warfare. ISIS is in Iraq for a reason and we are part of it. If we do not acknowledge that no one will believe we will not do it again.

I have given some thought to the comments that it is not justified to blame Islam for jihad when Christians are responsible for the KKK, the Inquisition, and the Crusades. Christians state, "Well, those were a long time ago." I think what Muslims are really saying is that America just got done bombing Iraq, how can we claim righteousness. And Iraq was not a long, long time ago.

IlarMeilyr You've been looking at my sig.
NO! But that's very observant of you!

Great minds think alike. Fools will tend to be liberals.

I have given some thought to the comments that it is not justified to blame Islam for jihad when Christians are responsible for the KKK, the Inquisition, and the Crusades. Christians state, "Well, those were a long time ago." I think what Muslims are really saying is that America just got done bombing Iraq, how can we claim righteousness. And Iraq was not a long, long time ago.

Except that "Christians" are not at all responsible for the KKK. SOME Christians SHARE responsibility for the Crusades with the Muslims. SOME Christians were responsible for the Inquisition, but ...

Nothing done by Christians in the Inquisition, in the Crusades and certainly by the KKK has a single solitary basis of support in the actual doctrines of Christianity.

The same cannot be said of the horrific evil done in the name of Islam. Islam DOES teach such shit. Explicitly.

Except that "Christians" are not at all responsible for the KKK. SOME Christians SHARE responsibility for the Crusades with the Muslims. SOME Christians were responsible for the Inquisition, but ...

Nothing done by Christians in the Inquisition, in the Crusades and certainly by the KKK has a single solitary basis of support in the actual doctrines of Christianity.

The same cannot be said of the horrific evil done in the name of Islam. Islam DOES teach such shit. Explicitly.
You might be right and they might be wrong but that does not help with nullifying ISIS.

You might be right and they might be wrong but that does not help with nullifying ISIS.

I am not sure anybody can "nullify" such vermin. I suspect the best we can do is defeat them militarily and contain them like the disease they are.

But it is also not helpful in the effort to defeat or contain them to provide lame excuses for their sordid evil conduct.

Forum List

Back