Enlighten a white woman, please

Its not society. Its men that dont trust women. Since they are physically bigger then they can enforce their will. That has nothing to do with inherent ability. Anyone with intellect can see that women are way better at multitasking and running things. The point is that there have been societies with women in charge that did great. I wont allow you to define what societies I pick to illustrate that point.

We've had damn near every type of society imaginable at one time or another in the Western world, but never a long-term matriarch. That's just a fact of life.

There has to be a reason for that. Something beyond "The Old Boys Club". I just don't see Society as a whole being comfortable with a matriarchal government model. Otherwise just the Men either. The women as well.

Its not society. Its men that dont trust women. Since they are physically bigger then they can enforce their will. That has nothing to do with inherent ability. Anyone with intellect can see that women are way better at multitasking and running things. The point is that there have been societies with women in charge that did great. I wont allow you to define what societies I pick to illustrate that point.

We've had damn near every type of society imaginable at one time or another in the Western world, but never a long-term matriarch. That's just a fact of life.

There has to be a reason for that. Something beyond "The Old Boys Club". I just don't see Society as a whole being comfortable with a matriarchal government model. Otherwise just the Men either. The women as well.
Just because white people didnt document it doesnt mean you are correct. No its not a fact. Its just your philosophy.

The "western world" is ruled by white males. White males are insecure and hold their women back along with everyone else they perceive as a threat.

Just because white people didnt document it doesnt mean you are correct. No its not a fact. Its just your philosophy.

You're suggesting that Western explorers found advanced, matriarchal societies and chose not to trade with them or even document their exustence because they were matriarchal. That's a stretch for even my imagination.

The "western world" is ruled by white males. White males are insecure and hold their women back along with everyone else they perceive as a threat.

Western Men comprehend the difference between Right and Wrong. We understand the proper place of Men and women, regardless of race. You see the lack of respect for minority males because those males largely choose to ignore or cannot live up to the proper place of Men in society.

Please educate me as to why women, who make up the larger percentage of the population, aren't standing together. Our collective voices and votes would do more to improve the world than anything else. We have the largest chance of making a difference in the world together, because we have the raw numbers. Why are we infighting and alienating each other based on race? Why do white women and women of color see that so differently? Or do we? Am I seeing it wrong? EDUCATE ME. What do I not see? Show it to me so I can understand.

What you don't see is the cultural differences so inherent between the races. You white women/feminusts/sjw's don't understand that in many cases the Latinas, Black and Asian women you're trying to connect with have entirely different mentalities and views of the world from you. Even the ones who seem outwardly to be on your side

For example: My mother in law is a feminist, runs a social welfare program, and outwardly seems,every bit the "modern woman". However, the instant she walks ,in the door at home, her Puerto Rican/Latina heritage comes bursting out and her needs are secondary to those of her husband and (adult) children. At every family meal she constantly reminds my wife and my sisters in law that their Men need to get fed FIRST. Before the kids and definitely before the women.

Few, if any, white women in America today would stand for that sort of mentality or attitude. It would be considered sacrilege to the Feminist diety. These other groups (Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc....) are finding ways to mesh Tradition and Feminism whereas White women have thrown out Tradition and replaced it with Feminism.
Like any caring individual, the needs of your family usually come before anything else. This isn't due to any "duty" it is because they choose to do so, out of love. I leave my work at work, home life is where everyone at home cares for each other. My spouse helps out around the house too. I choose to cook, because I love cooking. I do the laundry because I want it done right. It has nothing to do with feminism.

(I'm aware that anything I think is based on the experiences I've had, things I've seen, and my own interpretations of the world. I don't think I'm the voice of truth or the expert on anything. Probably not even myself. I'm willing to be wrong on just about anything).

It has recently occurred to me that there is a wide divide between white women and women of color based on how we prioritize our identities. It seems to me that white women see gender over race, and seek a bond of sisterhood with all women - that our issues as women are ubiquitous, our sufferings similar, and our desires often align.

However I am often told that women of color see race before gender. A white woman, no matter what she has suffered, is still white and experiences privileges which will necessarily blind her to the realities of the lives of minority women. This precludes and excludes that sense of solidarity.

From my own experience, I do not feel that white men are inviting me into their world of white privilege, nor including me in their personal demographic. Since women of color also find me too "other" to be part of their identity, this leaves white women standing alone, with little voice and zero audience. If I stand up for myself, I might hear "you're too sensitive" or "white woman fragility," but either way it's the same "shut up, your words are worthless to me." I don't mean to compare my suffering to any other human suffering, or to rank my struggles anywhere along some line, or to participate in some Oppression Olympics. No matter what we've been through, somebody has it worse and somebody has it better. I'm not special. I'm not unique. But nobody can judge what I've seen or endured because of what I look like. Mostly I just don't want to be alone. I want to be seen, and to be heard. I want to see and hear someone else. Not from a shouting match but from a perspective of coming together to share the burdens, even if one burden may seem larger than another to the one carrying it.

Please educate me as to why women, who make up the larger percentage of the population, aren't standing together. Our collective voices and votes would do more to improve the world than anything else. We have the largest chance of making a difference in the world together, because we have the raw numbers. Why are we infighting and alienating each other based on race? Why do white women and women of color see that so differently? Or do we? Am I seeing it wrong? EDUCATE ME. What do I not see? Show it to me so I can understand.

Even on the verge of a woman being elected President of the US, I fear Hillary will be seen as an anomaly rather than a validation of the minds, drive, and strength of women. If anything, bitterness over women could surge (see the last 8 years).

Am I blind? If so, open my eyes. Explain to me why I'm actually too sensitive, or why i'm the personification of white fragility. Make me understand why my voice is annoying and not really relevant. Help me understand why being white invalidates my desire for unity and makes it seem silly or frivolous or unenlightened.

I'm really trying hard to sympathize with you but I'm having a very hard time doing it. Some of what you've said is just plain retarded. "White Privilege" is a terminology made up by ghetto minded low-lifes. In this era and in an attempt to turn a sow's ear to a silk purse there are far more opportunities and resources available for "people of color" than what's available for white folks. Okay, back on topic.
In a nutshell
The ghetto black woman:
She is angry and probably the most racist person alive..she is bitter, she doesn't get enough free shit, she hates you because you have more than her and are prettier than her.
The legit black woman:
She may like you if she feels prettier than you and more successful than you...if she feels inferior you're screwed...she believes she's entitled to more than you because her 'people' were enslaved.
The white trash woman:
She hates everyone...she's held back by "the system"...She hasn't been able to phuck her way to the top of anything.
The legit pretty white woman:
She like's you if you're pretty...just not quite as pretty as her.
The legit not so pretty white woman:
The easiest female to click with as long as she has her self esteem.

There you have it; target legit not so pretty white women and build your cult like following...THE END.

You aren't just sexist, you're stupidly sexist. Do you really think that prettiness is the one quality that determines how women feel about each other? Seriously? Are you 13?

This whole thread is nonsensical. The discussion is all based on viewing everyone through the lens of race, gender or both, people aren't that simple. When I hear comments about "white women" I end up laughing. They seldom even remotely resemble my wife, daughters, sisters, mother, aunts, nieces, friends, coworkers or any others. This is identity politics at it's worst and is useless, counter productive and most of all stupid.

Forum List

Back