Enlighten a white woman, please

how sad, women deserve more respect

True. A woman does deserve respect. However, women have been replaced with Feminists who deserve nothing more than the mercy of a quick and permanent removal from proper society.
Depends on what you call a Feminist. I believe a woman can be and do whatever she wishes, as long as it doesn't harm anyone else, same as men. I don't consider myself a Feminist, I do believe women are just as smart, if not smarter, than men

Depends on what you call a Feminist. I believe a woman can be and do whatever she wishes, as long as it doesn't harm anyone else, same as men. I don't consider myself a Feminist, I do believe women are just as smart, if not smarter, than men

I would define it as a woman who doesn't know her proper place, and the vast supermajority of American/Western women fit the definition.

Whether a woman is smart, confident, etc.... is immaterial. That doesn't mean it is acceptable for her to ignore her proper place in society. Just as the inability of a Man to carry out his proper role for reasons beyond his control don't excuse him of his responsibilities.

I would define it as a woman who doesn't know her proper place, and the vast supermajority of American/Western women fit the definition.

Whether a woman is smart, confident, etc.... is immaterial. That doesn't mean it is acceptable for her to ignore her proper place in society. Just as the inability of a Man to carry out his proper role for reasons beyond his control don't excuse him of his responsibilities.
Proper Place? LOL you are delusional. Her place is where she chooses to be.

Proper Place? LOL you are delusional. Her place is where she chooses to be.

In a proper society, there is a,place for everyone and everyone is on their place. Without that you get the disastrous chaos that we see in the US and Western Society as a whole.

True. A woman does deserve respect. However, women have been replaced with Feminists who deserve nothing more than the mercy of a quick and permanent removal from proper society.

Everyone has their excuses. Dont treat women right? Just say their not women at all but evil Feminazis. That way any disrespect shown is "technically" not towards women is you like swallowing bs

I'm a man and I agree with your assessment. There is no doubt in my mind that women are smarter than men.

How do I know? My late wife was a clinical psychologist, I have three daughters and four granddaughters. Can you imagine my experience? Does the word manipulation come to mind?

More specifically, when dealing with women it typically takes the average man about three days to realize what happened.

I'm a man and I agree with your assessment. There is no doubt in my mind that women are smarter than men.

How do I know? My late wife was a clinical psychologist, I have three daughters and four granddaughters. Can you imagine my experience? Does the word manipulation come to mind?

More specifically, when dealing with women it typically takes the average man about three days to realize what happened.
I second ur last paragraph. when a man says he has a woman figured out, I laugh, good luck with that buddy.

(I'm aware that anything I think is based on the experiences I've had, things I've seen, and my own interpretations of the world. I don't think I'm the voice of truth or the expert on anything. Probably not even myself. I'm willing to be wrong on just about anything).

It has recently occurred to me that there is a wide divide between white women and women of color based on how we prioritize our identities. It seems to me that white women see gender over race, and seek a bond of sisterhood with all women - that our issues as women are ubiquitous, our sufferings similar, and our desires often align.

However I am often told that women of color see race before gender. A white woman, no matter what she has suffered, is still white and experiences privileges which will necessarily blind her to the realities of the lives of minority women. This precludes and excludes that sense of solidarity.

From my own experience, I do not feel that white men are inviting me into their world of white privilege, nor including me in their personal demographic. Since women of color also find me too "other" to be part of their identity, this leaves white women standing alone, with little voice and zero audience. If I stand up for myself, I might hear "you're too sensitive" or "white woman fragility," but either way it's the same "shut up, your words are worthless to me." I don't mean to compare my suffering to any other human suffering, or to rank my struggles anywhere along some line, or to participate in some Oppression Olympics. No matter what we've been through, somebody has it worse and somebody has it better. I'm not special. I'm not unique. But nobody can judge what I've seen or endured because of what I look like. Mostly I just don't want to be alone. I want to be seen, and to be heard. I want to see and hear someone else. Not from a shouting match but from a perspective of coming together to share the burdens, even if one burden may seem larger than another to the one carrying it.

Please educate me as to why women, who make up the larger percentage of the population, aren't standing together. Our collective voices and votes would do more to improve the world than anything else. We have the largest chance of making a difference in the world together, because we have the raw numbers. Why are we infighting and alienating each other based on race? Why do white women and women of color see that so differently? Or do we? Am I seeing it wrong? EDUCATE ME. What do I not see? Show it to me so I can understand.

Even on the verge of a woman being elected President of the US, I fear Hillary will be seen as an anomaly rather than a validation of the minds, drive, and strength of women. If anything, bitterness over women could surge (see the last 8 years).

Am I blind? If so, open my eyes. Explain to me why I'm actually too sensitive, or why i'm the personification of white fragility. Make me understand why my voice is annoying and not really relevant. Help me understand why being white invalidates my desire for unity and makes it seem silly or frivolous or unenlightened.
Black male here. Despite your trials and tribulations with white men, the fact remains that yes you still are white and subject to those privileges. Take for example AA. This should have been for Blacks but white women specifically have benefited from it the most. As far as Black women go white women get the credit for many things Black women started. There is a general distrust that goes way back as well. My wife told me that white women will be your best friend one moment and then throw you under the bus the next. There is a long list of things I have heard from Black women regarding white women. Its not a pretty list.
If this is the case, those Black women had bad White women friends. What do White women take credit for that Black women started? As for the OP, not all white women stand together. I personally don't have the OP's insecurity about myself or my race.
I dont see how it could be that all of the Black women I know (and even just spoken to on the issue) have all just had bad white friends. it seems to be a reoccurring theme and sentiment among every Black woman I have encountered. My wife grew up in a white neighborhood and had ample opportunity to observe white women. Most Mexican women feel that way as well from my experience.

There are a lot of hair fashions that Black women started but is not "legitimized" until white women start wearing them. Same with classically Black features such as the lips and other body parts.

I have come to the opinion that women are not smarter than men. They just think at warp speed that many men cannot keep up with.

It
We know youre serious. Its just amusing you think that way in this day and age.

I don't find anything amusing get about it at all. When so few people of both genders accept their proper place in the world, how much longer can out Society survive?
I partially agree with you. I do agree we all have our place. women have proven they can do many things outside of being just a house wife, and I'm all for that. but then there are certain jobs or duties a woman has no place and the same goes for a man. some of these duties are still debated based on different opinions n some have been proven with studies.

I just wanted to go on record here by way of inviting anybody to join in my white privilege regardless of race, ethnicity or gender.

.......as soon as I find it.

Forum List

Back