End Times Prophecy

I have studied on this and still on the fence. I know Jesus said that generation would not pass until these things happen,

The Lesson of the Fig Tree
…33So also, when you see all these things, you will know that He is near, right at the door. 34Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened. 35Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.…
Berean Study Bible · Download

Cross References
Matthew 10:23
When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next. Truly I tell you, you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Matthew 16:28
Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

Matthew 23:36
Truly I tell you, all these things will come upon this generation.

Treasury of Scripture
Truly I say to you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
This.
Matthew 12:45
Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.
Matthew 16:28
Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
Matthew 23:36
Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

So why would listeners of these words have any reason to NOT believe what Jesus said and that what he was saying to them didn't apply to them, but to some future generation. It doesn't make literary sense.

Isaiah isn't writing about Jesus.
To comprehend/understand Isa. 2:4..........you must allow the entire chapter of Isa. 2 to remain loyal to its subject matter and contextual integrity.

There is another prophecy dealing with the subject matter....which is "the last days" or "later days" of mankind......Micha 4:1-3 is an almost word for word agreement with the subject matter found in Isa. 2

These prophecies speak of a time period in humanity called the LAST DAYS. Daniel is making prophecy concerning the CHURCH.....Kingdom of God.....last covenant between God and mankind.....not a particular person but the Last Covenant.....and how God vs. the House of Judah.

This time period takes place during the reign of the Roman Empire as the greatest empire on earth......its is revealed in a dream from King Nebuchadnezzar as interpreted by the author of Daniel 2. (Daniel 2:28) that refers to a prophecy made in (Joel 2:28-32)

Move forward to the 1st century and the Holy Spirit of Truth...aka the Holy Ghost is revealing through the Apostle Peter that these prophecies are currently being fulfilled ........the Latter Days, the Last Days are upon the earth beginning on the day of Pentecost after the ascension of the Christ.... Peter declares, this is the fulfillment of the Prophet Joel (Act 2:16-21)

Peter also states that the Christ has appeared on earth during this time period to establish His church/kingdom (1 Peter 1:20). The writer in the book of Hebrews also confirms..........they were living in the last days of mankind in the 1st century (Hebrews 1:2) None of these prophets reveal how long the time period known as the Last Days, Later Days will last........just that they will last until the final judgment when Hades shall give up its dead (Rev. 20:13)

To comprehend/understand Isa. 2:4..........you must allow the entire chapter of Isa. 2 to remain loyal to its subject matter and contextual integrity.

There is another prophecy dealing with the subject matter....which is "the last days" or "later days" of mankind......Micha 4:1-3 is an almost word for word agreement with the subject matter found in Isa. 2

These prophecies speak of a time period in humanity called the LAST DAYS. Daniel is making prophecy concerning the CHURCH.....Kingdom of God.....last covenant between God and mankind.....not a particular person but the Last Covenant.....and how God vs. the House of Judah.

This time period takes place during the reign of the Roman Empire as the greatest empire on earth......its is revealed in a dream from King Nebuchadnezzar as interpreted by the author of Daniel 2. (Daniel 2:28) that refers to a prophecy made in (Joel 2:28-32)

Move forward to the 1st century and the Holy Spirit of Truth...aka the Holy Ghost is revealing through the Apostle Peter that these prophecies are currently being fulfilled ........the Latter Days, the Last Days are upon the earth beginning on the day of Pentecost after the ascension of the Christ.... Peter declares, this is the fulfillment of the Prophet Joel (Act 2:16-21)

Peter also states that the Christ has appeared on earth during this time period to establish His church/kingdom (1 Peter 1:20). The writer in the book of Hebrews also confirms..........they were living in the last days of mankind in the 1st century (Hebrews 1:2) None of these prophets reveal how long the time period known as the Last Days, Later Days will last........just that they will last until the final judgment when Hades shall give up its dead (Rev. 20:13)
Daniel was more historian than prophet. Daniel is writing about Antiochus IV Epiphanies and his defiling the temple.

Daniel was more historian than prophet. Daniel is writing about Antiochus IV Epiphanies and his defiling the temple.
As stated, Daniel is writing about more than God vs. Judah. Daniel is interpreting King Nebhuchadnezzar's dream, and the Last Days as also confirmed by other passages of the Holy Scriptures. In fact Daniel 2 begins (vs. 1-9) speaking about Nebuchadnezzar's dream and the Last Days. This event takes place around 604 B.C. Its confirmed in Malachi and Joel, By Peter and the author of Hebrews that directly reference the Last Days/latter days.

You can't cherry pick verses and take them away from the contextual integrity of the entire chapter. The Holy Scriptures interpret themselves if allowed when all the passages concerning certain events and subjects are considered. The Holy Spirit of God never contradicts Himself as He is responsible for inspiring all the scriptures (All scripture is inspired of God -- 2 Tim. 3:16-17) and it is to be used for Doctrine, Teaching, Reproof....etc.,

As stated, Daniel is writing about more than God vs. Judah. Daniel is interpreting King Nebhuchadnezzar's dream, and the Last Days as also confirmed by other passages of the Holy Scriptures. In fact Daniel 2 begins (vs. 1-9) speaking about Nebuchadnezzar's dream and the Last Days. This event takes place around 604 B.C. Its confirmed in Malachi and Joel, By Peter and the author of Hebrews that directly reference the Last Days/latter days.

You can't cherry pick verses and take them away from the contextual integrity of the entire chapter.
Daniel was written in 164 BC. The tales about Nebuchanezzor are history.

Daniel was written in 164 BC. The tales about Nebuchanezzor are history.
The events were referenced from the 6th century B.C. As is much of the Holy Scriptures, the events described come from the inspiration of the God's Holy Spirit (2 Tim 3:16-17). Its a HISTORY that speaks about the events IN THE FUTURE to take place IN THE LAST DAYS....i.e, that why they are called PROPHECIES.

Again........you appear to choke on a gnat while attempting to swallow camel. AKA meaningless argumentation. In Fact your argument has been disproved about the time line of the writing of Daniel as being in 164 BC. The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls contain portions of the book of Daniel that dismiss your timeline as being false.

Clearly.......the Prophecies came to pass in the 1st century with the beginning of the LAST DAYS as confirmed in the Book of Acts (2.....Joel) and the Book of Hebrews (1:2)...which confirms the last days as being ushered in by the appearance of the Christ and His Kingdom.

Last edited:
The events were referenced from the 6th century B.C. As is much of the Holy Scriptures, the events described come from the inspiration of the God's Holy Spirit (2 Tim 3:16-17). Its a HISTORY that speaks about the events IN THE FUTURE to take place IN THE LAST DAYS....i.e, that why they are called PROPHECIES.

Clearly.......the Prophecies came to pass in the 1st century with the beginning of the LAST DAYS as confirmed in the Book of Acts (2.....Joel) and the Book of Hebrews (1:2)...which confirms the last days as being ushered in by the appearance of the Christ and His Kingdom.

Daniel wasn't around in 600 BC

Daniel wasn't around in 600 BC
Prove the dead sea scrolls wrong......again, choking on a gnat? Its a HISTORY that makes prophecies concerning the future and the Last Days/Final Days. Your argument is useless......as the prophecies are confirmed as coming true by the content of the dead sea scrolls and the N.T revelations. Book of Daniel - Wikipedia

You might as well ask........."How many angels can dance on the head of pin?" :dunno:

Prove the dead sea scrolls wrong......again, choking on a gnat? Its a HISTORY that make prophecies concerning the future and the Last Days/Final Days. You arugment is useless......as the prophecies are confirmed as coming true by the content of the dead sea scrolls and the N.T revelations. Book of Daniel - Wikipedia

The dead sea scrolls only date to 150-200 BC. Daniel was written during and after the Maccabean revolt. When they ousted the Greeks and rededicated the temple. That was the first chanukah.

The dead sea scrolls only date to 150-200 BC. Daniel was written during and after the Maccabean revolt. When they ousted the Greeks and rededicated the temple. That was the first chanukah.
Do the math. you declare 164 BC...........with the dead sea scrolls dating back to 200 BC......that contained a history of the Book of Daniel when discovered. How can you write a book in 164 that has already been discovered? :deal: You are aruging in circles. The real debate is the fulfillment of prophecy from the 6th century BC as taking place in the 1st Century AD. Its confirmed. You just continue to count angels when you can't see them. Jesus Christ and His Kingdom ushered in the LAST DAYS of mankind in the 1st century (Acts2,Hebrews 1) There are no prophecies that confirm when this last age of mankind will end........with the exception of (Rev. 20:)........that speaks about Hades giving up its dead when the Christ returns to Judge the living and the dead. Clearly the last days remain.....or we would not be here.

Last edited:
Do the math. you declare 164 BC...........with the dead sea scrolls dating back to 200 BC......that contained a history of the Book of Daniel when discovered. How can you write a book in 164 that has already been discovered? :deal: You are aruging in circles. The real debate is the fulfillment of prophecy from the 6th century BC as taking place in the 1st Century AD. Its confirmed. You just continue to count angel when you can't see them.

Why not? They hid the scrolls during political upheavals. Daniel is a committee of Jewish sages who borrowed an ancient Syrian poem. The story is set in the 6th century BC. It wasn't written until 164-168 BC.

Why not? They hid the scrolls during political upheavals. Daniel is a committee of Jewish sages who borrowed an ancient Syrian poem. The story is set in the 6th century BC. It wasn't written until 164-168 BC.
Again..........why argue about the meaningless dating? The prophecies have been confirmed as beginning in the 1st century, regardless of when this HISTORY (history is the key term.......history records event that have taken place in the past) Even if you date Daniel anytime you wish to date it....................Daniel's text is addressing a subject that happened in 6th Century BC. and its confirmed as existing in the 1st century AD.

Again...........a link that confirms the events written about take place in the 6th century BC. Book of Daniel - Wikipedia

What I find amusing? The hypocrisy.........you defend an unconfirmed record addressing the lendgend of Gilgamesh and declare that it proceeded the Biblical Flood event so it must be true.........then you argue about a book of a historical nature....Daniel...as being worthless because of when it was written. :th_spinspin:

Last edited:
Again..........why argue about the meaningless dating? The prophecies have been confirmed as beginning in the 1st century, regardless of when this HISTORY (history is the key term.......history records event that have taken place in the past) Even if you date Daniel anytime you wish to date it....................Daniel's text is addressing a subject that happened in 6th Century BC. and its confirmed as existing in the 1st century AD.

Again...........a link that confirms the events written about take place in the 6th century BC. Book of Daniel - Wikipedia

What I find amusing? The hypocrisy.........you defend an unconfirmed record addressing the lendgend of Gilgamesh and declare that it proceeded the Biblical Flood event so it must be true.........then you argue about a book of a historical nature....Daniel...as being worthless because of when it was written. :th_spinspin:

I never said Daniel was worthless. I said it wasn't written in the 6th century. It's based on Danel , an old Syrian poem.

There are tablets about the Gilgamesh story in Dilmun, Babylon, Ras Shamra that predate Genesis by centuries.

Sabbath is not a completion.......it simply means "REST" lay aside your earthly work.....A Christian never ceases their work as long as life exists, righteous work never ceases. (Jesus Christ is Lord of the Sabbath -- Matthew 12:6-8). Sabbath worship was nailed to the cross of the Christ (Col. 2:14)........as Sabbath Worship was for Biblical Israel alone.........no Gentile is demanded to observe the Sabbath. God made the Mosaic covenant with Biblical Israel alone (Deut. 5:1-5)

Again...........I do not present my quotes, I profess to writing nothing contained in the Word of God, I simply present the actual content. You can do what you will with these revelations.......act or dismiss at your own risk, "Let each person work out his own salvation with fear and trembling. (Phil. 2:12)

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witness, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us." -- Hebrews 12:1

"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all (meaning you can't stop in the middle of the race and attempt to claim compensation for completing.....the gift of salvation comes after the race has been completed -- Acts 20:24, you have to finish the course)..........but one receiveth a prize, so run that you may win........." -- 1 Cor. 9:24-27

"I have fought a good fight, I HAVE FINISHED MY COURSE, I HAVE KEPT THE FAITH........" -- 2 Tim. 4:7-8

So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation.

you are not alone - your misunderstanding --- the completion of what was created was deemed by the heavens to be a - sabbath - a completion of holiness, garden earth - what you and most christians, desert religions are destroying.

what is holy in a day of rest - to keep holy.

- never trust the hebrew ,,,

Not according to Jesus.

Well, no. Jesus called him a "Prophet". Was Jesus wrong?

She has rewritten the bible to mean what she says it means.

you are not alone - your misunderstanding --- the completion of what was created was deemed by the heavens to be a - sabbath - a completion of holiness, garden earth - what you and most christians, desert religions are destroying.

what is holy in a day of rest - to keep holy.

- never trust the hebrew ,,,
Who to believe.........YOU or the Holy Scriptures? :huh1: You continually accuse the messenger instead of proving the Scriptures Wrong. Its a common tatic of deflection from your own ignorance concerning the actual content of the Holy Scriptures. Again...........I do not present MY OPINION........I document the information by Book, Chapter and Verse. You claim these presentations are just Fables from the desert religions....but history actual proves you wrong..........the Judeo/Christian religion is the largest religion on earth today, this religion is entirely based upon the Holy Scriptures and now covers the greater part of the globe........this religion is not limited to any desert tribes. Over 3/4 of the US population is included in this religion.........with almost 4 billion peoples worshiping world wide based upon its statues.

The United States was founded due the worship of Christianity and Judeo/Christian philosophy.........The calibrating source of all US jurisprudence (the US Constition is based primarily on Blackstone's Commentaries on the Laws of England which were greatly influenced by the Holy Scriptures. History Actual.

Example of your logical fallacy. The pseudo Darwinian Cultists claim man descended from lower lifeforms...primates......according to your logic or lack thereof mankind cannot exist because it is founded upon primates..........it began with primates and therefore it must consist of primates only today. :th_spinspin:

Simply present the text from the Holy Scriptures that requires any person other than Biblical Israel under the Mosaic Covenant to worship on the 7th day, aka the Sabbath, before the Mosaic Covenant or under the Last Days of mankind Covenant of Grace aka the N.T. covenant of Jesus Christ.......the source I continually use as a source of calibrating the truth as Truth comes from hearing and hearing from the Word of God (not your subjective BS) -- Romans 10:17. You are yet to objectively disprove one passage of scripture.

The Holy Bible proves that the law demanding Sabbath Worship was reserved for Biblical Israel only. Until you can disprove this information from the actual content of the Holy Scriptures.......you are simply "Babbling". "But shun profane babblings ...........as they do nothing but lead to ungodliness.........." -- 2 Tim. 2:16

"And Moses summoned all Israel and said to them, "Hear O Israel, the statues and the rules that I speak in your hearing today, and you shall learn them and be careful to do them. THE LORD OUR GOD MADE A COVENANT WITH US (Biblical Israel) IN HOREB (moutain range identified as being part of Mt. Sinai). NOT WITH OUR FATHERS (ancestors preceding the Mosiac covenant) DID THE LORD MAKE THIS COVENANT, BUT WITH US HERE ALIVE TODAY..........." -- Deut. 5:1-3

You can either prove your ad hominem accusations by documenting your subjective opinions from the source that created the Judeo/Chirstian philosophy......the Word of God, or you can't. You keep bringing up the logical fallacy that the absence of evidence is evidence of absence........The 10 commandments written on stone.........are moot today, they were nailed to the Cross of Jesus Christ.......while 9 of these commandments are documented as Doctrine in the N.T. they require no physical statues.......because they are enforced by free will in the heart of the Christian. The kingdom of God resides within the Christian as a spiritual kingdom not a physcial kingdom (Luke 17:20-21)

Last edited:
Not according to Jesus.

Well, no. Jesus called him a "Prophet". Was Jesus wrong?

Daniel is considered an historian. It was written by a group of Jews to give comfort and encouragement after Antiochus IV Epiphanies.

We are most certainly in an End Time Era. The great tribulation has begun. The Anti Christ, and the mark of the Beast are just right down the road. The one world government New World order government is just a few years away. Yes, I agree with you, we are most obviously in an End Time situation. There is famine and disease all over the world, ie, Covid-19, Ebola, Monkey pox, ect,ect.!!
War in The Ukraine, China wants nothing less than Global domination

We are most certainly in an End Time Era. The great tribulation has begun. The Anti Christ, and the mark of the Beast are just right down the road. The one world government New World order government is just a few years away. Yes, I agree with you, we are most obviously in an End Time situation. There is famine and disease all over the world, ie, Covid-19, Ebola, Monkey pox, ect,ect.!!
War in The Ukraine, China wants nothing less than Global domination

The mark of the beast is Roman coin with the head of Nero. The Jews hated, but it was the currency of the Roman empire and you couldn't buy and sell without it.

Forum List

Back