Elon Musk rips Democrats' billionaire-tax plan that could slap him with a $10 billion annual bill

We need to return to the tax structure we had for over 70 years before reagan and the republicans changed it in the 80s.

It worked very well and helped create the superpower that the United States became in the 20th century.

If you don't know that tax structure, go look it up.

I'm not going to spoon-feed something to you that you will ignore and have absolutely no interest in knowing.
I"m not sure that is the right answer. I think we need to look at the entire picture. But the fact remains America by far has largest pay disparity between ceo's and the average worker of any country in the world and it isnt close. Things need to change regarding pay and taxes. Pay for the average worker needs to increase, taxes on such things as cap gains needs to increase, corp taxes need to go back to what they were or slightly less than what they were.

Now as far as getting through to these knuckle draggers on here, I"m afraid that is a lost cause. You can explain it ad nauseum and these clowns will still in essence say "yes billionaires should have an advantage over me and I should continue getting fucked over".

The left constantly uses the term "fair share"

I somehow doubt ANY OF THEM MEAN what you just posted. Its only reasonable to expect a figure to be given for a very vague term given CONSTANTLY by the left.

And I dont need to be spoon fed a damn thing by anyone that voted for this disaster of a Presidency.

Ok so I provide an answer to your question so you go off on something that isn't brought into the conversation and try to change the subject.

That's not going to work with me.

I gave you an answer.

You don't have to like it, in fact I don't expect you to like it and don't care if you do.

The truth is that before reagan and the republicans slashed our tax rates and made it legal for the filthy rich to not pay taxes, we had a nation that had low debt and properly maintained our nation.

We were able to build a nation wide interstate highway system and send a man to the moon on those tax rates and structure while at the same time keep our national debt low.

We had the best education system in the world and were the leaders of the world.

That all started to change when the republicans slashed taxes so that the filthy rich and big corporations don't pay much if even a penny in federal income taxes.

While at the same time that republican tax structure raised the poverty level so that those who had nothing were all of a sudden also paying federal income taxes. While those who had more money than they can spend in a dozen lifetimes, pay nothing.

The government has been coming after the rest of us ever since reagan while allowing those who have the most accumulate more and pay very little and even nothing in federal income taxes.

Last edited:
Ok so I provide an answer to your question so you go off on something that isn't brought into the conversation and try to change the subject.
no you did not. but thanks for trying.
The truth is that before reagan and the republicans slashed our tax rates and made it legal for the filthy rich to not pay taxes, we had a nation that had low debt and properly maintained our nation.
so spending had nothing to do with it? this is where liberals are completely FULL OF SHIT.

Move along. as I said....im not interested in SHIT from a leftist Biden voter. Your opinion is less than shit to me.

Back in the 50s when America was great, it was somewhere around 90%.

Lets start there.
I’m sure the Top 1% would love to go back to that tax code with all the deductions they had. Their effective tax rate is a little over 20% today.

When we look at income taxes specifically, the top 1 percent of taxpayers paid an average effective rate of only 16.9 percent in income taxes during the 1950s.[4]

That's not going to work with me.

I gave you an answer.

You don't have to like it, in fact I don't expect you to like it and don't care if you do.

We were able to build a nation wide interstate highway system and send a man to the moon on those tax rates and structure while at the same time keep our national debt low.

We had the best education system in the world and were the leaders of the world.

That all started to change when the republicans slashed taxes so that the filthy rich and big corporations don't pay much if even a penny in federal income taxes.

While at the same time that republican tax structure raised the poverty level so that those who had nothing were all of a sudden also paying federal income taxes. While those who had more money than they can spend in a dozen lifetimes, pay nothing.

The government has been coming after the rest of us ever since reagan while allowing those who have the most accumulate more and pay very little and even nothing in federal income taxes.
Link us up to where Reagan made it legal for the rich to not pay taxes.

Here is one partial answer. I think cap gains should be taxed the same as your normal tax rate. Why should risk (investment) get a tax advantage over your time (job)?
Why should one person be taxed more than another for his time?

Forum List

Back