Elon Musk rips Democrats' billionaire-tax plan that could slap him with a $10 billion annual bill

No I would like nothing better than run over him with my truck, but that doesn't change the fact that once you let Congress have a new tax, they are not going to contain it to just the super wealthy. If they can tax Musk on unrealized gains on Tesla, they can tax me on unrealized gains on my property value.
You are the prime example of why things can't improve for the better in America. Why not cross that bridge if it ever goes there? No. Instead you just dont want any more taxes on billionaires. Insane thought process.

And that more should be?
I'm not a tax analyst. Just because I dont have an exact figure in mind doesnt diminish the fact that the very wealthy have effective tax rates lower than the effective tax rates of the average American, mostly because of passive income. Now you have every right to say that the wealthy deserve this type of welfare and should have an advantage over the average person. I happen to disagree with that.

I'm not a tax analyst. Just because I dont have an exact figure in mind doesnt diminish the fact that the very wealthy have effective tax rates lower than the effective tax rates of the average American, mostly because of passive income. Now you have every right to say that the wealthy deserve this type of welfare and should have an advantage over the average person. I happen to disagree with that.
Link us up to your data on these effective tax rates.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk on Monday evening criticized a Democratic tax proposal that would target American billionaires to fund a safety-net expansion, saying it represented the start of a new campaign from Democrats to redistribute wealth from the richest Americans.

"Eventually, they run out of other people's money and then they come for you," he wrote on Twitter.

The former Rush Limbaugh is spinning in his grave over this "tax the rich" plan. You guys have to stop it!

Personally, I think the rich should pay their fair share.

The truth is that we don't properly tax the rich so the government comes after the rest of us.

That has been happening since the reagan years.

The government doesn't go after the filthy rich but has absolutely no problem with going after the rest of us and they've been doing it for over 40 years since reagan.

So the government is FINALLY going to go after the filthy rich who have been allowed to pay nothing or next to nothing in federal income taxes for the last 4 decades.

The filthy rich have been spoiled and coddled for so long they believe they are entitled to not have to pay federal income taxes on the wealth they have accumulated.

This has to stop.

Now that it might, the filthy rich are whining and crying about it.

What a bunch of babies.

The truth is that we don't properly tax the rich so the government comes after the rest of us.

That has been happening since the reagan years.

The government doesn't go after the filthy rich but has absolutely no problem with going after the rest of us and they've been doing it for over 40 years since reagan.

So the government is FINALLY going to go after the filthy rich who have been allowed to pay nothing or next to nothing in federal income taxes for the last 4 decades.

The filthy rich have been spoiled and coddled for so long they believe they are entitled to not have to pay federal income taxes on the wealth they have accumulated.

This has to stop.

Now that it might, the filthy rich are whining and crying about it.

What a bunch of babies.
It's like talking to a brick wall with these nut jobs. They'll defend a billionaire then turn right around and complain about how they cant afford to fill their gas tank. It never occurs to them that THEY are the ones being fucked over. It's a lost cause with these idiots.

It's like talking to a brick wall with these nut jobs. They'll defend a billionaire then turn right around and complain about how they cant afford to fill their gas tank. It never occurs to them that THEY are the ones being fucked over. It's a lost cause with these idiots.
What does Musk have to do with the price of gas?

Lefties....just take all of Elon's money and confiscate Tesla as a STATE organization.

You know you wanna.
So in your mind there are only 2 options. Musk hoards the wealth ie status quo or we take everything from Musk. This is the EXACT problem with you people. It's always all or nothing with every decision you come upon.

color me shocked that no number has been given for "fair share"

We need to return to the tax structure we had for over 70 years before reagan and the republicans changed it in the 80s.

It worked very well and helped create the superpower that the United States became in the 20th century.

If you don't know that tax structure, go look it up.

I'm not going to spoon-feed something to you that you will ignore and have absolutely no interest in knowing.

So in your mind there are only 2 options. Musk hoards the wealth ie status quo or we take everything from Musk. This is the EXACT problem with you people. It's always all or nothing with every decision you come upon.

That's their very old ploy to prevent the necessary changes that are needed to properly finance and run our nation.

We need to return to the tax structure we had for over 70 years before reagan and the republicans changed it in the 80s.

It worked very well and helped create the superpower that the United States became in the 20th century.

I'm not going to spoon-feed something to you that you will ignore and have absolutely no interest in knowing.
The left constantly uses the term "fair share"

I somehow doubt ANY OF THEM MEAN what you just posted. Its only reasonable to expect a figure to be given for a very vague term given CONSTANTLY by the left.

And I dont need to be spoon fed a damn thing by anyone that voted for this disaster of a Presidency.

Yes. Everything is black and white.

Like Schindler's list without the little dead girl in red.

No nuance. It's in park, or we are going 150 MPH.

What would be a “fair share” of his money for you to take?

Y

You mean when only about 1% of Americans paid the top rate?

Forum List

Back