Elizabeth Warren wants to abolish Columbus Day

I think we can now safely count on Liz and most (if not all) of the Democrats to run with the SJW routine in 2020 and beyond. Any who don't will come under serious criticism. It is what it is.
It is the admission that the concept of multiculturalism is a lie.
I think that, at least for some on the Left, it's a perfectly sincere effort to bring everyone in.

The problem is that, as with so many other issues, the whole thing has been disfigured and bastardized and perverted and distorted, specifically for use as a political bludgeon.

This is what happens when zealots jump into the fray.

I think we can now safely count on Liz and most (if not all) of the Democrats to run with the SJW routine in 2020 and beyond. Any who don't will come under serious criticism. It is what it is.
I think that, at least for some on the Left, it's a perfectly sincere effort to bring everyone in.

The problem is that, as with so many other issues, the whole thing has been disfigured and bastardized and perverted and distorted, specifically for use as a political bludgeon.

Got any examples to support your hope that some on the left are sincere?

None that you would accept. Plenty from my own life, but there's no way for me to know when I see it in public or from public figures.

One of my many flaws is that I can't really recognize when a winger from either side is being sincere or not.

None that you would accept. Plenty from my own life, but there's no way for me to know when I see it in public or from public figures.

One of my many flaws is that I can't really recognize when a winger from either side is being sincere or not.
i can be the same way which leads me to asking more questions, or the "oops, my bad...apologies" routine.

i can be the same way which leads me to asking more questions, or the "oops, my bad...apologies" routine.
Yeah. I spend more effort in observing and analyzing behaviors & motivations than I do in believing what wingers actually say.

That's why I see so similarities between the two tribes. Their behaviors can be comically similar.

It is telling that you can't think of one example when a majory lefty stood up to this type of crap. For the record, I tried too.

It is telling that you can't think of one example when a majory lefty stood up to this type of crap. For the record, I tried too.
This is one of the reasons I no longer bother. That's not what I said, and so you just made something up that fits your worldview.

This is why I don't believe, out of hand, anything you folks say. On either end.

And I see it so often, from both ends, that I made a graphical representation of it a long time ago:
f88d2268-88b6-4607-8c74-63b0bd357a78-original.jpg

Yeah. I spend more effort in observing and analyzing behaviors & motivations than I do in believing what wingers actually say.

That's why I see so similarities between the two tribes. Their behaviors can be comically similar.
change the names, the rest is the same.

bitch at the bullshit method the other side employes, then when you're up, you do them too. why? cause they did it. so you let someone make you do something you claim is bullshit and want people to take you seriously?

yep. quite comical.

The Human Trafficking Suspect Senator Elizabeth Warren is pandering to the racist Democrat Voters again.
Warren is proposing abolishing Columbus Day and replacing it with "Indigenous People's Day."
I’m OK with an “Indigenous People’s Day”.
We could use a holiday in March or April.
Holidays are good for our economy.
But Warren is just pandering to the growing anti-Anglo racist bigot wing of the Democratic Party with her proposal to abolish Columbus Day.

Guess Which Holiday Elizabeth Warren Supports Renaming?

View attachment 244287
/——/ The local appliance store is ordering signs for the Indigenous People’s Day Sale.
1/1064 % off all refrigerators and stoves.
There is no holiday named Indigenous People's Day since the whites only like to do what they want and never notice who they had to kill and rob from to make a nation.
/——/ Injuns fought and slaughtered each other to steal their women and land.

I think we can now safely count on Liz and most (if not all) of the Democrats to run with the SJW routine in 2020 and beyond.

Any who don't will come under serious criticism.

It is what it is.

Hardly so sonce French, German, Russian and English live in this nation yet do not declare war against each other..Hence a multicultural society.

The Human Trafficking Suspect Senator Elizabeth Warren is pandering to the racist Democrat Voters again.
Warren is proposing abolishing Columbus Day and replacing it with "Indigenous People's Day."
I’m OK with an “Indigenous People’s Day”.
We could use a holiday in March or April.
Holidays are good for our economy.
But Warren is just pandering to the growing anti-Anglo racist bigot wing of the Democratic Party with her proposal to abolish Columbus Day.

Guess Which Holiday Elizabeth Warren Supports Renaming?

View attachment 244287
/——/ The local appliance store is ordering signs for the Indigenous People’s Day Sale.
1/1064 % off all refrigerators and stoves.
There is no holiday named Indigenous People's Day since the whites only like to do what they want and never notice who they had to kill and rob from to make a nation.
/——/ Injuns fought and slaughtered each other to steal their women and land.
Not the civilised tribes which did not because of a mutual agreement. The ones Jackson moved for no real reason since they were doing no harm to white folks as is the case in Oklahoma when their land was taken from them after being given to them by the white so called christian govt.

bitch at the bullshit method the other side employes, then when you're up, you do them too. why? cause they did it. so you let someone make you do something you claim is bullshit and want people to take you seriously?

yep. quite comical.
Zealotry has a long destructive history in our country. Abolitionists helped caused a destructive war that killed nearly a million Americans and destroyed half the nation. Zealots caused prohibition of alcohol, leading to organized crime and making Americans who sought a drink criminals. The AGW crowd are zealots. Some have demanded that deniers be silenced. I think Mother’s Against Drunk Drivers became zealots. Now one drink might get you arrested.

Seems to me zealotry is used by our government and ruling class to keep Americans divided and controlled, so that they can continue to gain wealth and power.

yep. quite comical.
Zealotry has a long destructive history in our country. Abolitionists helped caused a destructive war that killed nearly a million Americans and destroyed half the nation. Zealots caused prohibition of alcohol, leading to organized crime and making Americans who sought a drink criminals. The AGW crowd are zealots. Some have demanded that deniers be silenced. I think Mother’s Against Drunk Drivers became zealots. Now one drink might get you arrested.

Seems to me zealotry is used by our government and ruling class to keep Americans divided and controlled, so that they can continue to gain wealth and power.
people don't realize when they're going too far quite often, no. in time you can usually learn and grow out of it. then i just need to remember everyone i'm talking to has not yet grown out of it. :)

yep. quite comical.

people don't realize when they're going too far quite often, no. in time you can usually learn and grow out of it. then i just need to remember everyone i'm talking to has not yet grown out of it. :)
An old friend has a wife who is a long time leftist zealot. My friend is apolitical and seldom votes. His wife regularly scream incoherently about everything leftism hates. He told me recently it won’t retire, because he can’t be home with that.

I think we can now safely count on Liz and most (if not all) of the Democrats to run with the SJW routine in 2020 and beyond.

Any who don't will come under serious criticism.

It is what it is.
There was no justice for slavery or destruction of the natives. Just sayin.

yep. quite comical.

An old friend has a wife who is a long time leftist zealot. My friend is apolitical and seldom votes. His wife regularly scream incoherently about everything leftism hates. He told me recently it won’t retire, because he can’t be home with that.

what a shitty marriage you friend has.

yep. quite comical.

The tendency is just to keep pushing the envelope on intellectual honesty out further and further, inch by inch, degree by degree. That's human nature.

We've reached a point at which we've seemingly burst through the envelope, and only know how to communicate in hyperbole & myopia, based on our tribe's view.

That bodes very poorly for communication, and truly broken communication can only lead in one direction.

Forum List

Back