Electric Vehicles vs Gasoline powered engines. Which is more environmentally sound?

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
So we have EV's vs ICE engines. One needs a lot of minerals from the Earth, while the other needs a hole about 3 feet in diameter that goes down a few hundred feet. Lets look at the difference as they say pictures are worth a thousand worlds.

Electric Vehicle Picture.

1716576326636.png

Internal Combustion Engine picture.

1716576368946.png

Do you guys see any difference?

Oh and here is what is needed to get to those minerals for EV cars?

1716576483656.png

I want to repeat what I have said.

Batteries enough to power the EV weigh a hell of a lot. This means energy is used just to carry weight. And heavier weight is harder to stop. I have nothing against EV but do against the power sources.

So we have EV's vs ICE engines. One needs a lot of minerals from the Earth, while the other needs a hole about 3 feet in diameter that goes down a few hundred feet. Lets look at the difference as they say pictures are worth a thousand worlds.

Electric Vehicle Picture.

View attachment 951521

Internal Combustion Engine picture.

View attachment 951522

Do you guys see any difference?

Oh and here is what is needed to get to those minerals for EV cars?

View attachment 951525
both are about equal,,

Not even close......Thanks for playing.

If they were close why do Marxists need african slave children to mine the cobalt for their "cheap" batteries?
thats a labor issue not enviromental impact,,

have you seen the strip mines for copper, iron ore and coal thats needed to build ICE vehicles??

and what about the oil spills that destroy so much??

and what about the oil spills that destroy so much??
What are you talking about? Oil can be extracted from soil. Oil comes from nature. Matter of fact the thing Americans could read to be informed is the book Deep Hot Biosphere. Professor Gold wrote it and it is a treasure.

I want to repeat what I have said.

Batteries enough to power the EV weigh a hell of a lot. This means energy is used just to carry weight. And heavier weight is harder to stop. I have nothing against EV but do against the power sources.
Think of all that additional tire rubber going into the environment.

What are you talking about? Oil can be extracted from soil. Oil comes from nature. Matter of fact the thing Americans could read to be informed is the book Deep Hot Biosphere. Professor Gold wrote it and it is a treasure.
what are you talking about??

have you never heard of the exxon valdez or the deep water horizon oil spill??

the dangers from both iCE and EV are basically the same,,

what are you talking about??

have you never heard of the exxon valdez or the deep water horizon oil spill??

the dangers from both iCE and EV are basically the same,,
Sure I know about those and others. But you are not talking of oil, you are talking of means of transport or pipes deep in the water. Even today millions of feet of pipes carry oil to the surface safely. I am not calling EV dangerous. It has some danger but that has never been my point. My point on EV is use the correct producers of Electric current and I am happy. Batteries are the wrong producers of current.

Sure I know about those and others. But you are not talking of oil, you are talking of means of transport or pipes deep in the water. Even today millions of feet of pipes carry oil to the surface safely. I am not calling EV dangerous. It has some danger but that has never been my point. My point on EV is use the correct producers of Electric current and I am happy. Batteries are the wrong producers of current.
I was talking about the big picture and considered everything as to the point of the OP,,

And how far away from the mine is that?

The Exxon Valdez poured oil all over shores and waters of the Northeastern US. And the oil was drilled in Alaska.
NorthWestern US. Alaska is not in the east. And it was not the oil being the problem it was the management of the ship. As you said the oil was drilled in Alaska and for centuries was no problem.

Forum List

Back