El Nino Watch Party 2023

I wonder if our local PhD atmospheric physicist Billy Boy is still laughing at strong El Nino predictions.

We are getting slightly cooler temperatures here in Central Florida, which is indicative of an El Nino. The high 80s where most years in June we would be in the 90s.

We are getting slightly cooler temperatures here in Central Florida, which is indicative of an El Nino. The high 80s where most years in June we would be in the 90s.
Well, the deep and surface Pacific water temperatures are an even stronger indication.

We will see.

Sometimes Mother Nature doesn't do what we think She will do.
Sometimes. But most of the time she does. Pacific (and Atlantic) water temperatures are through the fucking roof. That energy isn't going to just disappear.

Sometimes. But most of the time she does. Pacific (and Atlantic) water temperatures are through the fucking roof. That energy isn't going to just disappear.
Living in Florida most of my life I have learned not to trust the weather people. They don't get it right all that often.

Besides, we have found NOAA creating fraudulent data to support this silly ass AGW scam so their credibility is shot.

Living in Florida most of my life I have learned not to trust the weather people. They don't get it right all that often.

Besides, we have found NOAA creating fraudulent data to support this silly ass AGW scam so their credibility is shot.
I have lived in Florida since 1971 and my observations is that their predictions have gotten better and better and better, particularly for hurricanes.

WHERE have you found NOAA creating fraudulent data? This is one of those spots where USMB rules require you to provide a supporting link.

Yep. Going into the phase chase we are witnessing at the poles. We're toast.

38Gjntz.jpeg

To raise 1 gram of water 1 centigrade degree requires 4.18 joules.
The mass of the world's oceans is 1.35 e18 metric tonnes or 1.35 e24 grams.
So to raise the world's oceans 1 centigrade degree would required 5.643 e24 joules of energy.
The differential between the last value for 2023 and the temperature at the same point in 2022 is ~0.24 centigrade degrees.
Thus in the last year, the energy content of the world's oceans have increased by just over 1,354,320,000,000,000,000,000,000 joules (1 septillion, 354 sextillion, 320 quintillion joules)
Roughly equivalent to the energy in 324 MILLION, 1 megaton nuclear bombs.

Last edited:
I have lived in Florida since 1971 and my observations is that their predictions have gotten better and better and better, particularly for hurricanes.

WHERE have you found NOAA creating fraudulent data? This is one of those spots where USMB rules require you to provide a supporting link.
Still waiting for poster Flash to tell us where he has found NOAA creating fraudulent data as USMB rules require.

To raise 1 gram of water 1 centigrade degree requires 4.18 joules.
The mass of the world's oceans is 1.35 e18 metric tonnes or 1.35 e24 grams.
So to raise the world's oceans 1 centigrade degree would required 5.643 e24 joules of energy.
The differential between the last value for 2023 and the temperature at the same point in 2022 is ~0.24 centigrade degrees.
Thus in the last year, the energy content of the world's oceans have increased by just over 1,354,320,000,000,000,000,000,000 joules (1 septillion, 354 sextillion, 320 quintillion joules)
Roughly equivalent to the energy in 324 MILLION, 1 megaton nuclear bombs.

We are beyond absolutely fucked.

Scawy!!!! We must create a global Climate Police Force that will punish offending countries by fining them billions of dollars! Of course the money will be used implement "Green" energy that will save the world from turning into another Venus.

And this is entering winter for Antarctica. Pretty fucked up! This could compound itself during their spring and summer to be something truly fucking ugly. We will see but I wouldn't be shocked to see this as a possible tipping point. The arctic on the otherhand is holding study because of the extra moisture and extra cloud cover allowing for more first year new ice. The question is how many more years or decades will it take before this negative forcing allow for the ice to remain in the arctic.

Forum List

Back