Economically I'm ultra far left

Wow, great propaganda. Here's a clue for ya commie, people of color get every benefit of the programs you say are intended to keep white people from becoming poor. So ya want to try again?

Yup. That anti-white racist poster is basically saying that whites get Social Security and Medicare, and blacks get food stamps and Medicaid. And then he will be the first to call other people racists.

There's a solution for that, put her assets into a trust.

That would mean that OTHER PEOPLE would pay to support my mother, while we keep the money for ourselves. That isn‘t right, either.

The reason you leave college with a mountain of debt has to do with government getting involved with student loans.

The department of Education was established in 1979. Back then, college was dirt cheap. Now? It is astronomical. But? Since you worship government, and don't have a clue how economics work? YOU ARE CLUELESS!

Wow- Prager- so wrong on everything.

Okay, so let's review. I went to UIC (Go Flames, said no one ever) and when I went there, tuition was about $1500 a year in 1985. I didn't pay for that, I got a nice scholarship from the Army National Guard, and it was kind of awesome.

Incidentally, I got more out of the Army than I ever got out of college, but that's a different topic.

So today, tuition at UIC is about $14,000 a year. Kind of ironic, UIC was originally supposed to be the campus for inner city kids, but today, black enrollment at UIC is only 8%.

SOOOOOO - What changed.

Well, part of it is inflation, but even factoring in inflation, tuition should only be $4000 a year or so.

What changed was that the DEMAND became higher. In 1981, when I first started at UIC, only 20% of the population had Bachelor Degree, today that number is closer to 40%. You can't get a good job without a bachelor degree, and when demand for something goes up, so does the price.

The other factor is that universities spend more on amenities to attract those dollars. Case in point- UIC has had a huge building boom since I was there and it was considered a "Commuter campus". Now it has extensive dorms, support facilities, a stadium, etc.

The final point was state support. The reason why I could spend $1500 a year on on tuition was the State of Illinois was picking up the balance of the operating expenses... now that has shifted more to the student.

I support working less hours and days a week but with bigger payment I support welfare for everyone even the ones who work but don't earn above a certain amount so they can afford more some work but can not make a end with their bills I support free free housing for homeless free healthcare and to do that I support taxing the rich I support minimum taxes for the poor and low income classes
/----/ Then we should all plant a money tree in our back yards. Problem solved.
1634386756403.png

I support working less hours and days a week but with bigger payment I support welfare for everyone even the ones who work but don't earn above a certain amount so they can afford more some work but can not make a end with their bills I support free free housing for homeless free healthcare and to do that I support taxing the rich I support minimum taxes for the poor and low income classes

What do you consider "rich"?

READ: I am obese, lazy and don't like to work. SO... amazingly, I want to get paid for it.

Wow- Prager- so wrong on everything.

Okay, so let's review. I went to UIC (Go Flames, said no one ever) and when I went there, tuition was about $1500 a year in 1985. I didn't pay for that, I got a nice scholarship from the Army National Guard, and it was kind of awesome.

Incidentally, I got more out of the Army than I ever got out of college, but that's a different topic.

So today, tuition at UIC is about $14,000 a year. Kind of ironic, UIC was originally supposed to be the campus for inner city kids, but today, black enrollment at UIC is only 8%.

SOOOOOO - What changed.

Well, part of it is inflation, but even factoring in inflation, tuition should only be $4000 a year or so.

What changed was that the DEMAND became higher. In 1981, when I first started at UIC, only 20% of the population had Bachelor Degree, today that number is closer to 40%. You can't get a good job without a bachelor degree, and when demand for something goes up, so does the price.

The other factor is that universities spend more on amenities to attract those dollars. Case in point- UIC has had a huge building boom since I was there and it was considered a "Commuter campus". Now it has extensive dorms, support facilities, a stadium, etc.

The final point was state support. The reason why I could spend $1500 a year on on tuition was the State of Illinois was picking up the balance of the operating expenses... now that has shifted more to the student.
. . . and that demand is driven by what?

Okay, let's look at that.

Poverty relief spending.

Food Stamps $85 Billion
Section 8 housing $68.7 Billion
TANF $30 Billion
WIC 4.9 Billion
Medicaid 359 Billion

So total of Poverty Relief programs- $548 billion.

Middle Class Entitlements

Social Security - 1.1 TRILLION
Medicare - $776 Billion
Unemployment spending - 794 billion in 2020 (although usually a lot less.)
Veterans Administration - 270 Billion

So total spending on middle class entitlements in 2020 was 3.488 TRILLION. Even taking out the fluke of 2020 and unemployment, we still spend six times as much keeping middle class white people from becoming poor than we do keeping poor people of color from outright starving.

How is the VA a Middle Class Entitlement?

That would mean that OTHER PEOPLE would pay to support my mother, while we keep the money for ourselves. That isn‘t right, either.

From what you said, it's now or later, and it could help provide her a better quality of life. But do what you want, it was just a suggestion.

I wonder if you are a black man who is racist against whites or a self-loathing leftist fool. I suspect the latter, since the black people I know are actually embarrassed, or even irate, by what the left is doing.

Oh, I'm totally pasty white, but because I'm not an asshole, I realize how racism exists in this country and how the GOP uses it to get stupid white people to vote against their own economic interests.

More anti-white racism, I see.

Where I live, blacks are on what you call “white welfare” too - Social Security and Medicare. And they paid into It just as whites did. Not the case with food stamps. Medicaid, subsidized housing, and government child support.

You miss the point entirely, which is probably why you shouldn't have embarrassed yourself.

Yes people of color collect "entitlements" and most of the people on "Welfare" are in fact white. The point wasn't the reality of who collects it, it's how the perceptions are manipulated politically.

When Ronald Reagan screamed about "Welfare Queens" in the 1980's, he singled out black women, and one black woman in particular (who was in fact a fraudster, not a poor person).

Yes, people pay into Social Security, but if you live past 72, you get back everything you paid in. If you've paid into Medicare, you get everything you paid in back when you get your first serious illness. If you are on unemployment for more than four weeks, you get back everything your employer paid into it over years.

Meanwhile most people on "Welfare" are only on it for a few years, at most. The rest of the time, they are working members of society paying taxes.

The thing is we've decided that some "Welfare" is socially acceptable and other "Welfare" isn't. We spend far more keeping white people from becoming poor than we do elevating people of color out of poverty. We really love government, we just don't like paying for it.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
Actually, what we will probably see eventually is America becoming more like Europe... and we'll be better off for it.
Not likely. The problem the left has with the European fantasy coming to America is it doesn't scale. You folks take models from small countries and extrapolate. It doesn't work, worse you folks cherry pick one or two items from a dozen different places and ignore everything else.

The thing is we've decided that some "Welfare" is socially acceptable and other "Welfare" isn't.

And why have we, as a society, done that?

Why do you, have a problem with that?

Why do you believe this is a race thing, and not a cultural thing?

Economically I'm ultra far left​

It's ok, economic ignorance is common but take heart, it is curable.

But that's exactly what is happening... since she is in her 90's, she's long ago exhausted whatever was put into Social Security/Medicare on her behalf.

How is the VA a Middle Class Entitlement?

How is it not?

As a vet, there are a whole slew of Veteran's benefits I can access. Loans, hospitalizations, business preferences, etc. I did get a VA loan for my current residence, but I'm not doing that for my next one. I've considered getting a Veteran Owned designation for my business, but I'm not sure that would be really helpful, but I can see where it is for some businesses.

Now, here's the gag. 11 years in, I never got anywhere near a testy foreigner trying to kill me. I actually did exactly what I've done for the last 30 years since in the civilian world- sat behind a desk and processed paperwork. I should get lifetime benefits for that, not to mention hiring preferences?

And why have we, as a society, done that?

Why do you, have a problem with that?

Why do you believe this is a race thing, and not a cultural thing?

Again- Ronald Reagan talking about "Welfare Queens" and "Young Bucks".

This isn't an issue in monocultures of Europe and Japan. it only becomes a divide in the US because it intersects with race, but everything in America intersects with race.

Well then, just keep yourself out of my country, i dont want worthless progressive slaves not contributing to this country...

b2b644a3140e9a2215c7e8b1ef7954c1.jpg

Forum List

Back