Dumbest fielding play in MLB history?

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
You be the judge. Poor dude may be the new “Agony of Defeat” for the rest of time.
Two outs, all he has to do is step on first base (or tag the runner) Instead? Well ... :lol:
Let this be a lesson to you kids. Never get suckered into a rundown between first and home!

You be the judge. Poor dude may be the new “Agony of Defeat” for the rest of time.
Two outs, all he has to do is step on first base (or tag the runner) Instead? Well ... :lol:
Let this be a lesson to you kids. Never get suckered into a rundown between first and home!

It would make a Little Leaguer proud.

At least we know better than that

Looks like a clean Double to me

I've seen worse. When I was 11 I played youth baseball and we had all kinds of crazy fielding plays. Our centerfielder was playing catch with the right fielder when the batter for the other team hit a ball to right center. It was sort of a mess as there was a short right field and no flags for an automatic double or HR there like in left field.

I've seen worse. When I was 11 I played youth baseball and we had all kinds of crazy fielding plays. Our centerfielder was playing catch with the right fielder when the batter for the other team hit a ball to right center. It was sort of a mess as there was a short right field and no flags for an automatic double or HR there like in left field.
I know, but those were ELEVEN YEAR OLDS! :)

I just knew it was going to involve the Texas Rangers.....oh well....maybe next week

This is the big league sparky. You catch the ball and step on first base. The runner is out. Even youth baseball knows that.

Forum List

Back