Duckworth fires back at Trump: I swore an oath to the Constitution, not 'Cadet Bone Spurs'

yes, what trump said was stupid. but by swearing an oath to the constitution she's also supporting the president, or should be.

we've got the oldest kids out there running the country right now and it sucks.

The oath says nothing about the President

Where do you think you are? North Korea?

It doesn't?

The military oath of enlistment (re-enlistment) is below and read and repeated usually by a member of your chain of command.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

In the National Guard (Army or Air)
The National Guard Oath of service is listed below:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of (STATE NAME) against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of (STATE NAME) and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.

History of the Oath of Enlistment

During the Revolutionary War, the Continental Congress established different oaths for the enlisted men of the Continental Army.

The first oath, voted on 14 June 1775 as part of the act creating the Continental Army, read:

I (NAME) have, this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as a soldier, in the American continental army, for one year, unless sooner discharged: And I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as are, or shall be, established for the government of the said Army.

The original wording was effectively replaced by Section 3, Article 1, of the Articles of War approved by Congress on 20 September 1776, which specified that the oath of enlistment read:

I (NAME) swear (or affirm) to be true to the United States of America, and to serve them honestly and faithfully against all their enemies opposers whatsoever; and to observe and obey the orders of the Continental Congress, and the orders of the Generals and officers set over me by them.

The first oath under the Constitution was approved by Act of Congress 29 September 1789 (Sec. 3, Ch. 25, 1st Congress). It applied to all commissioned officers, noncommissioned officers and privates in the service of the United States. It came in two parts, the first of which read:

"I, A.B., do solemnly swear or affirm (as the case may be) that I will support the constitution of the United States."

The second part read:

"I, A.B., do solemnly swear or affirm (as the case may be) to bear true allegiance to the United States of America, and to serve them honestly and faithfully, against all their enemies or opposers whatsoever, and to observe and obey the orders of the President of the United States of America, and the orders of the officers appointed over me." The next section of that chapter specified that "the said troops shall be governed by the rules and articles of war, which have been established by the United States in Congress assembled, or by such rules and articles of war as may hereafter by law be established."

The 1789 enlistment oath was changed in 1960 by amendment to Title 10, with the amendment (and current wording) becoming effective in 1962.

Much of the above information courtesy of the Army's Center for Military History.

Is standing on demand to cheer what you think of when you read the words "I will obey the orders of the President of the United States"

So patriotism to democrats is not cheering for our flag or military or legal citizens.

Do you think that patriotism can be measured by what one cheers for?
Or doesn’t cheer for. Absolutely.

you have a very shallow view of patriotism. Patriotism is found in actions that matter, not in cheers.
Oh yeah? Actions like kneeling for the anthem? Burning or shitting on the flag? Or is it taking action for illegals to get their needs met above those of our own citizens?

if you have an issue with kneeling to protest the murder of young black men, you should probably take it up with the first amendment.

you feel so strongly about the symbols of government, but hate free speech, hate anyone who disagrees with you, support the destruction of all of the pillars of our democracy....

and you freaking whine because someone kneeled during the anthem?

:rofl:

yes, what trump said was stupid. but by swearing an oath to the constitution she's also supporting the president, or should be.

can you please go be stupid elsewhere?

and yes, it does. already said trump was a dumbass for doing the whole treason thing and both sides are getting WAY out of hand on the extreme talk but *we* DO NOT have to follow now do we?

Oath of Office
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help meDemagogue God.
domestic enemies as well and at best Trump acted as a demagogue

Oath of Office
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help meDemagogue God.
what does that have to do with the military oath?

nothing. but congrats. you got a trump shot in. been .0003 seconds since someone did that.

Oath of Office

nothing. but congrats. you got a trump shot in. been .0003 seconds since someone did that.
We don't live in a dictatorship or monarchy. I swore an oath - in the military and in the Senate - to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs and clap when he demands I clap,"

Oath of Office

We don't live in a dictatorship or monarchy. I swore an oath - in the military and in the Senate - to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs and clap when he demands I clap,"
which makes what trump said stupid.

as i have said for now the 3rd time.

but her oath did in fact mention the president. all i've said and am going to say.

now please, hurry and get a trump slam in. we're running low.

Oath of Office

but her oath did in fact mention the president. all i've said and am going to say.

He's earned them all. There's no valid criticism of what Duckworth said. End of story. But don't say "oh he was wrong, no story." He was a demagoguing asshole, as usual. Have a nice day.

Oath of Office

He's earned them all. There's no valid criticism of what Duckworth said. End of story. But don't say "oh he was wrong, no story." He was a demagoguing asshole, as usual. Have a nice day.
except he did swear to protect the president whether he's a demagoguing asshole or not.

have a day.

Basically, Trump is correct.

It's not the lack of applause, but the reason behind it that drips with treason. ..... :cool:

So going by your line of reasoning, Joe Wilson who shouted "You lied" to Obama commited treason ? What Joe did was 10 times worse than not clapping.

1st off, nobody said "you lied". Secondly, it was Alito you fool who mouthed "not true".

it's stupid to lie about stuff like this

you have a very shallow view of patriotism. Patriotism is found in actions that matter, not in cheers.
Oh yeah? Actions like kneeling for the anthem? Burning or shitting on the flag? Or is it taking action for illegals to get their needs met above those of our own citizens?

I do not find those people any more patriotic than the people who think cheering is a sign of patriotism. Neither of those groups have a clue what it is
Any more patriotic? Are you kidding me? The fact you even equate the two is disturbing.

I have a question for you and anyone else that might want to answer.

Would you consider someone running to get into a building in order to avoid standing for the National Anthem to be an unpatriotic thing to do?
What are you talking about?

So patriotism to democrats is not cheering for our flag or military or legal citizens.

Do you think that patriotism can be measured by what one cheers for?

if you have an issue with kneeling to protest the murder of young black men, you should probably take it up with the first amendment.

you feel so strongly about the symbols of government, but hate free speech, hate anyone who disagrees with you, support the destruction of all of the pillars of our democracy....

and you freaking whine because someone kneeled during the anthem?

:rofl:
Kneeling to protest thugs being taken out? The cops are who deserve our gratitude. They did us all a huge favor.

I do not find those people any more patriotic than the people who think cheering is a sign of patriotism. Neither of those groups have a clue what it is
Any more patriotic? Are you kidding me? The fact you even equate the two is disturbing.

I have a question for you and anyone else that might want to answer.

Would you consider someone running to get into a building in order to avoid standing for the National Anthem to be an unpatriotic thing to do?
What are you talking about?

I am talking about people that run to get into a building before the start of the National Anthem so they do not have to stand at attention during it, do you consider that to be unpatriotic?

and yes, it does. already said trump was a dumbass for doing the whole treason thing and both sides are getting WAY out of hand on the extreme talk but *we* DO NOT have to follow now do we?
Our president Snowflake is a big boy

This demand for adoration is worthy of a N Korean Dictator

So, do you agree with Trump that not standing and clapping is akin to treason?

If you weren't a brain-dead toady you'd check to see if Trump said that...

hint...he didn't.....somebody in the crowd did and he gave them a little nod....another MSM white lie (racist) instead of the whoppers they usually tell.

well, they both have hair and weight issues.

hint...he didn't.....somebody in the crowd did and he gave them a little nod....another MSM white lie (racist) instead of the whoppers they usually tell.

stop projecting.

trumpflakes are so touchy. sorry you were triggered.

"They were like death and un-American. Un-American. Somebody said, 'treasonous.' I mean, Yeah, I guess why not? Can we call that treason? Why not?

Funny, Trump has never given a speech in front of Greek columns like Barry the Fairy.
Obama_Greek_Columns.jpg

Forum List

Back