Duckworth fires back at Trump: I swore an oath to the Constitution, not 'Cadet Bone Spurs'

Nia88

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2016
The more she speaks, the more I want her to run in 2020. She's a true patriot.

Duckworth fires back at Trump: I swore an oath to the Constitution, not 'Cadet Bone Spurs'

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) fired back at President Trump for calling Democrats who didn’t stand and applaud during his State of the Union address “treasonous,” saying she didn’t swear an oath “to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs.”

Trump called Democrats “treasonous” earlier Monday for not applauding when he listed his achievements to Congress last Tuesday.

"Can we call that treason? Why not?" Trump said during a speech about the GOP tax plan in Ohio. "They certainly didn't seem to love our country very much."

Duckworth was referring to Trump’s multiple deferments from the draft during the Vietnam War, one of which was for heel spurs, or bone protrusions caused by calcium buildup.

The Democrat also shared a quote by President Theodore Roosevelt saying that to block criticism of the president “is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

Duckworth, a military veteran who lost both of her legs when her helicopter was shot down over Iraq in 2004, has hit Trump over the deferments before.

She ripped Trump as a “five-deferment draft dodger” during a speech on the Senate floor last month.

She's a silly little woman. Apparently military service did not grant her wisdom.

As to deferments, was she as harsh on Bill's deferments? I'd wager not.

She's a silly little woman. Apparently military service did not grant her wisdom.

So, do you agree with Trump that not standing and clapping is akin to treason?

Why would she bring up Bill who hasn't been president for 17 years? And at least Bill never slandered those who risked their lives defending this country.

Why would she bring up Bill who hasn't been president for 17 years? And at least Bill never slandered those who risked their lives defending this country.

Because he is a Democrat hero who could do no wrong.

Neither has Trump.

It's a throw-away statement designed to trigger Democrats.

And that is the job of the POTUS, in your view?

A perk.

I just looked up her voting record for consistency purposes. It doesnt look that bad. I mean, she is a congress critter so she likes unconstitutional programs but a lot less than the "norm" IMO

So patriotism to democrats is not cheering for our flag or military or legal citizens.

into what?

laughter?

Consider the effect.

i laugh at you when you don't mention clinton, trumpling, so i'd say the effect was de minimus.

into what?

laughter?

Consider the effect.

i laugh at you when you don't mention clinton, trumpling, so i'd say the effect was de minimus.

Then why are the Democrats whining about it?

into what?

laughter?

Consider the effect.

Then why are the Democrats whining about it?

ask one

Forum List

Back