Duckworth fires back at Trump: I swore an oath to the Constitution, not 'Cadet Bone Spurs'

The more she speaks, the more I want her to run in 2020. She's a true patriot.

Duckworth fires back at Trump: I swore an oath to the Constitution, not 'Cadet Bone Spurs'

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) fired back at President Trump for calling Democrats who didn’t stand and applaud during his State of the Union address “treasonous,” saying she didn’t swear an oath “to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs.”

Trump called Democrats “treasonous” earlier Monday for not applauding when he listed his achievements to Congress last Tuesday.

"Can we call that treason? Why not?" Trump said during a speech about the GOP tax plan in Ohio. "They certainly didn't seem to love our country very much."

Duckworth was referring to Trump’s multiple deferments from the draft during the Vietnam War, one of which was for heel spurs, or bone protrusions caused by calcium buildup.

The Democrat also shared a quote by President Theodore Roosevelt saying that to block criticism of the president “is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

Duckworth, a military veteran who lost both of her legs when her helicopter was shot down over Iraq in 2004, has hit Trump over the deferments before.

She ripped Trump as a “five-deferment draft dodger” during a speech on the Senate floor last month.

she's awesome.

Fuck that stupid dipshit. Name the last Democrat president since Carter that served.
Jimmy Carter.

Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) fired back at President Trump for calling Democrats who didn’t stand and applaud during his State of the Union address “treasonous,” saying she didn’t swear an oath “to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs.”

Trump called Democrats “treasonous” earlier Monday for not applauding when he listed his achievements to Congress last Tuesday.

"Can we call that treason? Why not?" Trump said during a speech about the GOP tax plan in Ohio. "They certainly didn't seem to love our country very much."

Duckworth was referring to Trump’s multiple deferments from the draft during the Vietnam War, one of which was for heel spurs, or bone protrusions caused by calcium buildup.

The Democrat also shared a quote by President Theodore Roosevelt saying that to block criticism of the president “is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

Duckworth, a military veteran who lost both of her legs when her helicopter was shot down over Iraq in 2004, has hit Trump over the deferments before.

She ripped Trump as a “five-deferment draft dodger” during a speech on the Senate floor last month.

she's awesome.

Fuck that stupid dipshit. Name the last Democrat president since LBJ that served.

Jimmy Carter

jimmy carter served
Ronnie did movies for the army... no real military service.
daddy bush...the real deal.
none of the baby boomer presidents served.

but you don't care about that. you're just fine with cadet bone spurs and hate the woman who gave her legs for her country....

because you know... she isn't male, white trash or a trumploon.

She's a silly little woman. Apparently military service did not grant her wisdom.

As to deferments, was she as harsh on Bill's deferments? I'd wager not.

So, do you agree with Trump that not standing and clapping is akin to treason?
yep!

Of course you do, you the one that said 260,000,000 Americans want the North Koreans to beat American athletes.
yep, consistent with my views. I really wish that those who don't want corruption in our election actually wanted to see prosecution to those who actually did it. But, the left and anti trumpers are who they are. Hypocrites and traitors.

True....He yelled "You Lie"

He should have been sent to Gitmo for that treason

Being correct is treasonous?

Actually he was spreading conservative propaganda about healthcare

Actually he was pointing out Obama's lie that his healthcare plan would not benefit illegal invaders.

Actually Obama claimed the healthcare plan would not cover abortion
Obama was right

You are in error.

Joe Wilson says outburst to Obama speech 'spontaneous' - CNN.com

I stand corrected

Joe Wilson of South Carolina said Obama lied, but he didn't

Cadet Bone Spurs
is so spot on brilliant an observation. The orange turd is a soulless person that can't see his own reflection in a mirror. His own mail order prostitute Melania doesn't want anything to do with Cadet Bone Spurs.

cypr10z6yme01.png

So patriotism to democrats is not cheering for our flag or military or legal citizens.

Do you think that patriotism can be measured by what one cheers for?
Or doesn’t cheer for. Absolutely.

you have a very shallow view of patriotism. Patriotism is found in actions that matter, not in cheers.
Oh yeah? Actions like kneeling for the anthem? Burning or shitting on the flag? Or is it taking action for illegals to get their needs met above those of our own citizens?

So patriotism to democrats is not cheering for our flag or military or legal citizens.

you have a very shallow view of patriotism. Patriotism is found in actions that matter, not in cheers.
Oh yeah? Actions like kneeling for the anthem? Burning or shitting on the flag? Or is it taking action for illegals to get their needs met above those of our own citizens?

I do not find those people any more patriotic than the people who think cheering is a sign of patriotism. Neither of those groups have a clue what it is

What is the penalty for dry humping a flag?

eB7uNeg.jpg

I do not find those people any more patriotic than the people who think cheering is a sign of patriotism. Neither of those groups have a clue what it is
Any more patriotic? Are you kidding me? The fact you even equate the two is disturbing.

Any more patriotic? Are you kidding me? The fact you even equate the two is disturbing.

There really is not much difference between them

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Senator Duckworth's response to President Trump's hubris.

Sen. Tammy Duckworth: 'Cadet Bone Spurs' Won't Tell Me When To Clap | HuffPost

Iraq War veteran and U.S. Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) criticized President Donald Trump for calling Democrats who did not clap during his State of the Union address “treasonous” on Monday.

“We don’t live in a dictatorship or a monarchy,” Duckworth tweeted soon after he made the comment. “I swore an oath ― in the military and in the Senate ― to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs and clap when he demands I clap.”

yes, what trump said was stupid. but by swearing an oath to the constitution she's also supporting the president, or should be.

we've got the oldest kids out there running the country right now and it sucks.

yes, what trump said was stupid. but by swearing an oath to the constitution she's also supporting the president, or should be.

The oath says nothing about the President

Where do you think you are? North Korea?

I can just see Trump chomping at the bit to say something nasty about Tammy Duckworth

And his staff begging him......You can't mock a crippled war hero

Hey Tammy
You are not the only combat vet in the country...you don't like Trump...fine we don't like you! Your voice and complaints and veteran status means nothing politically and it does not give you a go card for an audience to continue to bash the president...in other words you don't realize it but you are sounding like a whiny ass fool of late....get over yourself...

The oath says nothing about the President

Where do you think you are? North Korea?

It doesn't?

The military oath of enlistment (re-enlistment) is below and read and repeated usually by a member of your chain of command.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

In the National Guard (Army or Air)
The National Guard Oath of service is listed below:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of (STATE NAME) against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of (STATE NAME) and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.

History of the Oath of Enlistment

During the Revolutionary War, the Continental Congress established different oaths for the enlisted men of the Continental Army.

The first oath, voted on 14 June 1775 as part of the act creating the Continental Army, read:

I (NAME) have, this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as a soldier, in the American continental army, for one year, unless sooner discharged: And I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as are, or shall be, established for the government of the said Army.

The original wording was effectively replaced by Section 3, Article 1, of the Articles of War approved by Congress on 20 September 1776, which specified that the oath of enlistment read:

I (NAME) swear (or affirm) to be true to the United States of America, and to serve them honestly and faithfully against all their enemies opposers whatsoever; and to observe and obey the orders of the Continental Congress, and the orders of the Generals and officers set over me by them.

The first oath under the Constitution was approved by Act of Congress 29 September 1789 (Sec. 3, Ch. 25, 1st Congress). It applied to all commissioned officers, noncommissioned officers and privates in the service of the United States. It came in two parts, the first of which read:

"I, A.B., do solemnly swear or affirm (as the case may be) that I will support the constitution of the United States."

The second part read:

"I, A.B., do solemnly swear or affirm (as the case may be) to bear true allegiance to the United States of America, and to serve them honestly and faithfully, against all their enemies or opposers whatsoever, and to observe and obey the orders of the President of the United States of America, and the orders of the officers appointed over me." The next section of that chapter specified that "the said troops shall be governed by the rules and articles of war, which have been established by the United States in Congress assembled, or by such rules and articles of war as may hereafter by law be established."

The 1789 enlistment oath was changed in 1960 by amendment to Title 10, with the amendment (and current wording) becoming effective in 1962.

Much of the above information courtesy of the Army's Center for Military History.

I have a question for you and anyone else that might want to answer.

Would you consider someone running to get into a building in order to avoid standing for the National Anthem to be an unpatriotic thing to do?

Forum List

Back