Dry ageing beef.

I've been looking at this unit but it has some detractors.
Seems to be a quality control issue.And at $1500 thats unacceptable. Especially when you're sticking a $150 or more chunk of meat in it.

Steak Locker – ELA

The next best option isnt an option....
No way I'm paying $2700 bucks for a glorified refrig.

DRY AGER® | Dry Aging - Meat Fridges & Cabinets (The No.1)

I'm starting to lean towards a full size fridge with some modifications.
What is your desired temp? A glass door beverage cooler would be kind of upper crusty.

Between 36 and 40 degrees.
I like the idea of a glass front so you can see whats happening without opening the doors,plus it would allow the use of internal thermometers to cross check the unit temps.
But after reading up on beverage coolers i'm learning they fluctuate to much.
The next best option appears to be a full size dedicated refrigerator using the UMAI bags.
I really wanted to stick to the traditional methods but with what's out there as far as equipment goes it gets prohibitively expensive.

Dry Age Steak At Home - Dry Aging Beef - Charcuterie & Salumi Kits

Ayup. A lot of things could do that.

I've been looking at this unit but it has some detractors.
Seems to be a quality control issue.And at $1500 thats unacceptable. Especially when you're sticking a $150 or more chunk of meat in it.

Steak Locker – ELA

The next best option isnt an option....
No way I'm paying $2700 bucks for a glorified refrig.

DRY AGER® | Dry Aging - Meat Fridges & Cabinets (The No.1)

I'm starting to lean towards a full size fridge with some modifications.
What is your desired temp? A glass door beverage cooler would be kind of upper crusty.

Between 36 and 40 degrees.
I like the idea of a glass front so you can see whats happening without opening the doors,plus it would allow the use of internal thermometers to cross check the unit temps.
But after reading up on beverage coolers i'm learning they fluctuate to much.
The next best option appears to be a full size dedicated refrigerator using the UMAI bags.
I really wanted to stick to the traditional methods but with what's out there as far as equipment goes it gets prohibitively expensive.

Dry Age Steak At Home - Dry Aging Beef - Charcuterie & Salumi Kits

Ayup. A lot of things could do that.

The Wife is all about figuring out the dry age process. She said there's no way she's going back to regular prime.
She's even doing research on building our own with readily available meters and temp/humidity gauges.

After looking at the price of a bone in ribeye roast dry aged beef for 40 days we're definitely looking into the Dry Ager. We have an 8 rib prime ribeye roast going now at my local HEB and it'll end up costing me 400 bucks for 40 days of ageing.
While it a bit expensive we've found we could pay for it in aged beef in about three years.

DRY AGER® - Dry Aging Fridge DX 500®

Very informative. Making me hungry.

But with all due respect, please stop with "ageing". It's like nails on a chalkboard.

But with all due respect, please stop with "ageing". It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Sorry,the best meat ageing lockers come from europe.

Both refer to the process of growing old. The British spell the word ageing, while the Americans and the Australians tend to spell it aging. The two words are pronounced the same way. ... Both words ageing andaging are correct.

Both refer to the process of growing old. The British spell the word ageing, while the Americans and the Australians tend to spell it aging. The two words are pronounced the same way. ... Both words ageing andaging are correct.

I'll use both wordings without worry.

Nice recovery. I'm not lieing.

Lieing?
LMFAO!

Lieing?
LMFAO!
I'm dieing here!

Welp after finding out the German Dry ager isn't going to be available till at least the end of 2019....

The latest on the German made Dry Ager......

Hi #$%&^,

thanks for your inquiry, a big hallo here from Germany - the headquarter of Dry Ager
1x1.gif

Welcome to the world of Dry Ager
1x1.gif
- the most popular brand in Dry-Aging Solutions worldwide. Produce your own dry-aged beef, pork, lamb or game and use it additionally for ham and salami – you will just love it!

>Made in Germany
>Patented technology
>Award winning patented design
>More than 30 years of experience in meat cooling
>Expect the best and nothing else from the No. 1

At the moment we only produce units in 220-240 V voltage and also, we do not have the certificates (ULC and NSF certificate) regarding product-conformity for the USA + Canada available.

End of 2019, we will go seriously to your country, with a 110/120 V version, when everything is ready regarding certifications.

You can find at the moment all information regarding dimensions + prices online: DRY AGER® | Shop - All Products

We will keep you updated for sure!

So no dry ager from Germany unless we're lucky in 2019.

Well fuck that!!!
I'm building my own!!!!
Have a 16.6 cubic refrig coming with a new thermostat that is independent of the fridge so you can control temps more accurately. A multi power controller that can be set to run my UV light to kill bacteria as well as the new fan that will help control temps as well as humidity.
Two huge blocks of Himalayan salt for killing bacteria the UV light missed and I'm golden!!!

.......right up until I find something else to modify.

Forum List

Back