Dry ageing beef.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Welp,I've decided to dive in on the process.
After much reading and research I've found it really isn't that difficult just time consuming.
My final decision will be made after dinner tomorrow.
The Wife picked up three dry aged Ribeyes that have been dry aged for thirty nine days.
Yeah they look nasty before trimming....
20101210-prime-rib-primer-aged.jpg

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

They have a distinct nutty smell at thirty nine days and begin to take on a much more distinct flavor after forty five days. Some call it a funky yet interesting taste at that point.
Can't wait to test the boundaries!!!!

This guy did a brisket for sixty days and from the look of it it came out amazing!!!! Far juicer than any brisket I've ever smoked!!!

Here's to new food adventures!!!!

After much reading and research I've found it really isn't that difficult just time consuming.
The Wife picked up three dry aged Ribeyes that have been dry aged for thirty nine days.

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

They have a distinct nutty smell at thirty nine days and begin to take on a much more distinct flavor after forty five days. Some call it a funky yet interesting taste at that point.

This guy did a brisket for sixty days and from the look of it it came out amazing!!!! Far juicer than any brisket I've ever smoked!!!

Soooo, you like mummified foods....... Whatever floats yer boat.......

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

It's like a smokehouse just not as smokey.

When I was growing up it was easy to get good aged beef, and oh, so delicious! If I recall correctly, the butchers would age it for you, when you bought certain cuts.

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

Turn it into pemmican........

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

Turn it into pemmican........

That way you can charge more..

When I was growing up it was easy to get good aged beef, and oh, so delicious! If I recall correctly, the butchers would age it for you, when you bought certain cuts.

I've found several places around town that will age it for you.
But after reading how easy it is I found a new hobby.
Cant wait to taste the boundaries!!!!

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

Looks like a piece of fat; someone should trim the steak off of it.

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

Go ahead and live in a vacuum.....
It suits you.

Let us know how it goes.

I've found several places around town that will age it for you.
But after reading how easy it is I found a new hobby.
Cant wait to taste the boundaries!!!!

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

Looks like a piece of fat; someone should trim the steak off of it.

Do you realize how stupid your comment is?
I guess it's typical of the unrefined liberal,dry aged steak is sold in all the best steak houses in the world....which I'm not surprised you havent visited.

But after trimming?
Oh yeah!!!!
gp047a.jpg

Go ahead and live in a vacuum.....
It suits you.

Oooooo...... Someone's touchy about their food. :lol:

Forum List

Back