Dr. Jill Biden?

Many folks were led to believe that Jill was a real doctor as in the media constantly referred to her as a doctor.

Now we are see many finding out she is not a real doctor....oh she has a phd from school in delaware.....yet how many with a Phd demand they be called doctor? I know a few and none of them are referred to as a doctor nor do they demand they be referred to as a doctor,

It is a insult to the medical community to call Jill a doctor.

Dr. Biden is a real doctor. She's not a medical doctor, but them neither is my friend in Montreal who is a published research PhD whose studies on Alzheimer's patients are currently being published in peer reviewed journals. He has a PhD in psychology, and no one has ever once suggested he isn't a "real" doctor.

Dentists, psychologists, and veterinarians are all called Doctor too, and none of them are medical doctors. Their PhD's are in other fields as is Dr. Biden's degree. My male PhD friends have no problem getting people to call them "Dr.". Female PhD's who are not medical doctors have their hard work and credentials questioned all of the time.

Thank you for proving your misogyny, yet again.
Oooh thanks arrogant uber educated libber for chastising us and working in another of your stupid big words there at the end.

I'll bet if I complained I had never gotten anywhere in life, you would have said I should have gotten an education. I've spent my entire life getting an education. I started learning before I started school, and continue to this day studying, and learning new things, new words, and new concepts.

Conservatives think they know everything, and just stop trying to challenge their closely held beliefs, or taking on new ideas. I'll be learning until the day I die.

Many folks were led to believe that Jill was a real doctor as in the media constantly referred to her as a doctor.

Now we are see many finding out she is not a real doctor....oh she has a phd from school in delaware.....yet how many with a Phd demand they be called doctor? I know a few and none of them are referred to as a doctor nor do they demand they be referred to as a doctor,

I don't really care that she's so insecure she feels the need to be referred to as "doctor", but it worries me that we have Democrats, like Whoopi Goldberg, who are SO retarded they want Jill Biden to be appointed Surgeon General. That type of ignorance is much more dangerous than a pretentious old lady whose only real job now is covering for her brain-damaged husband.

"Pretentious old lady"???? How curious. A woman who has worked hard for accomplishments and credentials is "pretentious" for using the honorific she earned. The current First Lady claimed a degree she never earned, and a linguistic ability she has never displayed, and yet Republicans celebrate her as both highly educated and multi-lingual.

Of course they also called the Ivy League educated Michelle Obama, a man, so they're delusional. I guess can hardly expect these idiots to treat Dr. Biden any better.
Not to mention current First Lady Trump PLAGERIZED her speech & Donald Trump didn't write his book "The Art of the Deal"
That comment is less original than her speech. Ever think of that?

I don't really care that she's so insecure she feels the need to be referred to as "doctor", but it worries me that we have Democrats, like Whoopi Goldberg, who are SO retarded they want Jill Biden to be appointed Surgeon General. That type of ignorance is much more dangerous than a pretentious old lady whose only real job now is covering for her brain-damaged husband.
Amazing, considering this all started by some insecure male writing an article for the WSJ....but, of course....She's the insecure one? :heehee:

I'd say they're both insecure, given the fact that this guy is writing about Jill Biden's lame academic credentials instead of the fact that she's a member of one of the biggest crime families in the world.

Dr. Biden is a real doctor. She's not a medical doctor, but them neither is my friend in Montreal who is a published research PhD whose studies on Alzheimer's patients are currently being published in peer reviewed journals. He has a PhD in psychology, and no one has ever once suggested he isn't a "real" doctor.

Dentists, psychologists, and veterinarians are all called Doctor too, and none of them are medical doctors. Their PhD's are in other fields as is Dr. Biden's degree. My male PhD friends have no problem getting people to call them "Dr.". Female PhD's who are not medical doctors have their hard work and credentials questioned all of the time.

Oooh thanks arrogant uber educated libber for chastising us and working in another of your stupid big words there at the end.

I'll bet if I complained I had never gotten anywhere in life, you would have said I should have gotten an education. I've spent my entire life getting an education. I started learning before I started school, and continue to this day studying, and learning new things, new words, and new concepts.

Conservatives think they know everything, and just stop trying to challenge their closely held beliefs, or taking on new ideas. I'll be learning until the day I die.
WE think WE know everything? Oh thats a good one. What we do is work our jobs and support families and take responsibility for ourselves...while you elitists spend your time lecturing everyone on what to do.

"Pretentious old lady"???? How curious. A woman who has worked hard for accomplishments and credentials is "pretentious" for using the honorific she earned. The current First Lady claimed a degree she never earned, and a linguistic ability she has never displayed, and yet Republicans celebrate her as both highly educated and multi-lingual.

Of course they also called the Ivy League educated Michelle Obama, a man, so they're delusional. I guess can hardly expect these idiots to treat Dr. Biden any better.

Outside of an academic setting, yes, it's pretentious to demand you be called "doctor" when you are not a medical doctor. And I doubt she worked particularly hard for her modest accomplishments. She's a wealthy white woman from a privileged family, she very likely has no idea what actual hard work is.

Oh, HERE'S a good witness on behalf of not thinking Jilly Girl is a pretentious twat. *eye roll*

Way to make a fantastic argument . . . AGAINST respecting her and for thinking she's a pompous bitch. Have you ever considered the possibility that the best way you could help the causes you so love would be to shut the fuck up and let people forget you exist?

Moochelle hid her junk well, we give him that.
Have you ever seen pictures of her ass? How do you hide that?
With those expensive horsey blankets she charged the taxpayers for.

Outside of an academic setting, yes, it's pretentious to demand you be called "doctor" when you are not a medical doctor. And I doubt she worked particularly hard for her modest accomplishments. She's a wealthy white woman from a privileged family, she very likely has no idea what actual hard work is.
She was upset because of how the mail was addressed so she got herself a title.

Michelle Obama has never been a lightweight. Princeton, then Harvard Law. The misogyny among right-wingers is frightening. Look what they are trying to do to the Vice President-elect.

WE think WE know everything? Oh thats a good one. What we do is work our jobs and support families and take responsibility for ourselves...while you elitists spend your time lecturing everyone on what to do.

I'm not an elitist. I applied to business school because I had two children to support, and I couldn't do that while working as a bank teller. I started out working for a sole practioner in an uptown law office in Toronto, and worked my way down Yonge Street ending up at one of the biggest law firms in the world, working on deals that effect the economies of nations. One of our partners was the former Premier of the Province. Nobody "gave" me anything. I earned every single bit of it, and I worked hard for more than 40 years for what I have.

I'm not an elitist. I applied to business school because I had two children to support, and I couldn't do that while working as a bank teller. I started out working for a sole practioner in an uptown law office in Toronto, and worked my way down Yonge Street ending up at one of the biggest law firms in the world, working on deals that effect the economies of nations. One of our partners was the former Premier of the Province. Nobody "gave" me anything. I earned every single bit of it, and I worked hard for more than 40 years for what I have.
And you have been bragging ever since???

You guys do understand that in a few years when you guys are rallying around someone whom you're calling "doctor"...the same argument is going to be made against him.

For example...since you guys set the bar for getting credit for Bin Laden's death at Obama being on the strike team...we can't give His Blobness any credit for the vaccines since he wasn't on the team doing the actual development.

Every destruction of our common norms is just ammunition to be used later on.
I didn't rally around doctor ever, Stop lying. This sorry leftist can't leave Trump out of anything can she?

We are all impressed by your learned past, but have you ever worked a day in your life?

God, I have little tolerance for dingbats!

She earned a phD.
That earns her the title of “doctor” based on our cultural norms.
She is a “real doctor”. She didn’t earn the degree out of a Cracker Jack box (do they still do Cracker Jack prizes?)
Attacking her over this is silly at best, petty partisan BS at most, and damaging to our societal norms at worst.
We can’t participate in tearing down small pieces of our society when it’s politically convenient and then bitch about “liberals destroying the culture”.

As for her respectability, the character of doctors in the medical Community (md, do, dc, dpt, dds), and other such debates are a side note. Having a degree of any kind doesn’t mean the person is a good person. As loathe as I am to use nazi references, Dr. mengele was a Doctor. Did he earn the degree and deserve respect in that regard? Yup. Did he keep his oath and deserve to keep sucking oxygen? Fuck no.
Yes, they still do cracker jack prizes. That's where I got my tech certs on transmissions.

You got BDS baaaad, Bubba.
Well so does the Dem party.....poor Sleepy been running for president since 1988 never made it into the top 2 candidates

We are all impressed by your learned past, but have you ever worked a day in your life?

God, I have little tolerance for dingbats!

Dragonlady has proved herself through her many posts that she's anything but a dingbat, but I can truly believe you're a meat head.

They're the opposite of progressive.
That makes them regressive.
This can be plainly seen by their support for a regressive, ignorant bigot called Trump. Now called the BIGGEST LOSER.

Isn't that statement in itself a bit pretentious?

The first usage of the title "Dr." was not medical. It was an ACADEMIC title given to the first graduates with a Doctorate in the 13th century, from the Universities of Paris and Bologna in Europe. From there it spread around the world to indicate someone who had achieved a doctorate. That is its origin. Medical practitioners were often referred to as "Mr.".

This slam on Jill Biden is really pretty low. You can argue about the value of a degree, but in most cases achieving a doctorate in any field requires a lot of hard work and time. Slamming her for it is just a sign of the right's utter disdain for education. :(

Forum List

Back