Dr. Jill Biden?

Many folks were led to believe that Jill was a real doctor as in the media constantly referred to her as a doctor.

Now we are see many finding out she is not a real doctor....oh she has a phd from school in delaware.....yet how many with a Phd demand they be called doctor? I know a few and none of them are referred to as a doctor nor do they demand they be referred to as a doctor,

It is a insult to the medical community to call Jill a doctor.

I don't really care that she's so insecure she feels the need to be referred to as "doctor", but it worries me that we have Democrats, like Whoopi Goldberg, who are SO retarded they want Jill Biden to be appointed Surgeon General. That type of ignorance is much more dangerous than a pretentious old lady whose only real job now is covering for her brain-damaged husband.

"Pretentious old lady"???? How curious. A woman who has worked hard for accomplishments and credentials is "pretentious" for using the honorific she earned. The current First Lady claimed a degree she never earned, and a linguistic ability she has never displayed, and yet Republicans celebrate her as both highly educated and multi-lingual.

Of course they also called the Ivy League educated Michelle Obama, a man, so they're delusional. I guess can hardly expect these idiots to treat Dr. Biden any better.

Outside of an academic setting, yes, it's pretentious to demand you be called "doctor" when you are not a medical doctor. And I doubt she worked particularly hard for her modest accomplishments. She's a wealthy white woman from a privileged family, she very likely has no idea what actual hard work is.

Isn't that statement in itself a bit pretentious?

The first usage of the title "Dr." was not medical. It was an ACADEMIC title given to the first graduates with a Doctorate in the 13th century, from the Universities of Paris and Bologna in Europe. From there it spread around the world to indicate someone who had achieved a doctorate. That is its origin. Medical practitioners were often referred to as "Mr.".

This slam on Jill Biden is really pretty low. You can argue about the value of a degree, but in most cases achieving a doctorate in any field requires a lot of hard work and time. Slamming her for it is just a sign of the right's utter disdain for education. :(
You are all up in a stink about it, and she is the one who went on with Colbert to whine. To regular Americans she is just another pretentious uber elitist.

To "regular Americans" she's a well educated and accomplished woman. To white male supremacists, shes a threat, to be minimized, denigrated and insulted. Regular Americans are shocked and appalled at your treatment of Democratic First Ladies.

Rosalind Carter was too "homespun", wearing her homemade dress to the Inauguration. Hillary Clinton thought she had a role in government. Who elected her? Michelle Obama was a man. Now Dr. Biden is "pretentious old lady".

You're a hypocritical asshole.

Yeah, we need your senile foreign ass to tell us what "regular Americans" thousands of miles away from you are really thinking. I'm sure you have your finger on the pulse of other people's societies.

To regular Americans, she's just some chick whose husband was dubiously proclaimed President. They don't know jack about her, and probably didn't know she had any degree at all until she started pitching her little pissy fit about it.

To regular Americans she is an educated woman who's husband was clearly elected president and she will serve as First Lady.

Most of us Americans don't feel so threatened by educated women that we have to tear them down solely because they are educated.

Many folks were led to believe that Jill was a real doctor as in the media constantly referred to her as a doctor.

Now we are see many finding out she is not a real doctor....oh she has a phd from school in delaware.....yet how many with a Phd demand they be called doctor? I know a few and none of them are referred to as a doctor nor do they demand they be referred to as a doctor,

I don't really care that she's so insecure she feels the need to be referred to as "doctor", but it worries me that we have Democrats, like Whoopi Goldberg, who are SO retarded they want Jill Biden to be appointed Surgeon General. That type of ignorance is much more dangerous than a pretentious old lady whose only real job now is covering for her brain-damaged husband.

"Pretentious old lady"???? How curious. A woman who has worked hard for accomplishments and credentials is "pretentious" for using the honorific she earned. The current First Lady claimed a degree she never earned, and a linguistic ability she has never displayed, and yet Republicans celebrate her as both highly educated and multi-lingual.

Of course they also called the Ivy League educated Michelle Obama, a man, so they're delusional. I guess can hardly expect these idiots to treat Dr. Biden any better.

Michelle Obama has never been a lightweight. Princeton, then Harvard Law. The misogyny among right-wingers is frightening. Look what they are trying to do to the Vice President-elect.

Every day here, some asshat tells me to "shut up and make me a sandwich". They dismiss anyone in politics who is bright and talented unless they're a white male Repulican. They'll give an occasion woman a SC seat, as long she's not going to stand up for minority or women's rights.

Toxic white male culture.
Are you serious?
More make believe victim hood.

At least she is not a sex object nude model who married a man as old as her dad.
The attack in Jill Biden for her title is unwarranted. You don’t do your side any favors by lowering yourself to personal attacks on a woman who by all accounts has been a good person.

Oh, for pity's sake, no one "attacked" her. The guy expressed an opinion, which was that it's a douchebag move to insist on being addressed with that honorific, and also confusing when one isn't a medical doctor. He's correct about both, and he's also entitled to have and express the opinion. The REAL attack here was the left freaking the fuck out and demanding that the op-ed be pulled and the editor of the op-ed page issue copious apologies for allowing an opinion they didn't like to be expressed.

Way to counteract the accusation of "pretentious douchebag" on their part.

when I said “attack in Jill Biden”, I wasn’t really referring to the original op-Ed. I was talking about all the poo flinging going on.
but you’re right, attack is too strong of a word.
but regardless of what it’s called, i find it retarded that it’s even a topic of discussion. The guy in the op-Ed his opinion... ok cool. I personally think it’s kinda lame to insist people call you “doctor”. But if that’s what she wants (or anybody), then that’s her prerogative.
And I say this as someone who doesn’t insist on being called “doctor”, but I address anyone with that title as doctor.

It is definitely her prerogative to want it. Hell, it's even her prerogative to stamp her little feet and demand it hysterically. And it's our prerogative to shoot her a double-barrel middle finger and call her whatever the fuck we choose.

Here's the thing. I tend to be fairly formal and old-fashioned. I actually prefer to use titles, and I'm uncomfortable being addressed by my first name by people I don't know. I didn't feel comfortable calling my bosses by their first names until I got old enough to be the same age as them. Obviously, I have no objection to addressing people by their title if I know they have one. My only objection - and frankly, I think the op-ed's primary objection - was to Jilly Girl making a big deal and demanding it. I'm a very contrary and stubborn person as well, and my inclination when people demand things from me is to tell them to go fuck themselves and do the opposite.

She earned a phD.
That earns her the title of “doctor” based on our cultural norms.
She is a “real doctor”. She didn’t earn the degree out of a Cracker Jack box (do they still do Cracker Jack prizes?)
Attacking her over this is silly at best, petty partisan BS at most, and damaging to our societal norms at worst.
We can’t participate in tearing down small pieces of our society when it’s politically convenient and then bitch about “liberals destroying the culture”.

As for her respectability, the character of doctors in the medical Community (md, do, dc, dpt, dds), and other such debates are a side note. Having a degree of any kind doesn’t mean the person is a good person. As loathe as I am to use nazi references, Dr. mengele was a Doctor. Did he earn the degree and deserve respect in that regard? Yup. Did he keep his oath and deserve to keep sucking oxygen? Fuck no.
Yes, they still do cracker jack prizes. That's where I got my tech certs on transmissions.
Sweet!!
Hey, you ever use a gear vendors over drive unit?
I got a 71 gto with a 3 speed auto.
3 gears is kinda shitty, and I’m debating using one to basically give me 6 gears (it can be used to “gear split”, as well as provide over drive). I don’t know whether to go with that, or replace the whole trannie. But I don’t know what transmission has 6+ gears that would mate up with an old 400ci Pontiac block that has no computers.

At least she is not a sex object nude model who married a man as old as her dad.
The attack in Jill Biden for her title is unwarranted. You don’t do your side any favors by lowering yourself to personal attacks on a woman who by all accounts has been a good person.

Oh, for pity's sake, no one "attacked" her. The guy expressed an opinion, which was that it's a douchebag move to insist on being addressed with that honorific, and also confusing when one isn't a medical doctor. He's correct about both, and he's also entitled to have and express the opinion. The REAL attack here was the left freaking the fuck out and demanding that the op-ed be pulled and the editor of the op-ed page issue copious apologies for allowing an opinion they didn't like to be expressed.

when I said “attack in Jill Biden”, I wasn’t really referring to the original op-Ed. I was talking about all the poo flinging going on.
but regardless of what it’s called, i find it retarded that it’s even a topic of discussion. The guy in the op-Ed his opinion... ok cool. I personally think it’s kinda lame to insist people call you “doctor”. But if that’s what she wants (or anybody), then that’s her prerogative.
And I say this as someone who doesn’t insist on being called “doctor”, but I address anyone with that title as doctor.

It is definitely her prerogative to want it. Hell, it's even her prerogative to stamp her little feet and demand it hysterically. And it's our prerogative to shoot her a double-barrel middle finger and call her whatever the fuck we choose.

Here's the thing. I tend to be fairly formal and old-fashioned. I actually prefer to use titles, and I'm uncomfortable being addressed by my first name by people I don't know. I didn't feel comfortable calling my bosses by their first names until I got old enough to be the same age as them. Obviously, I have no objection to addressing people by their title if I know they have one. My only objection - and frankly, I think the op-ed's primary objection - was to Jilly Girl making a big deal and demanding it. I'm a very contrary and stubborn person as well, and my inclination when people demand things from me is to tell them to go fuck themselves and do the opposite.

Just curious - how did she "make a big deal and demand it"? Is that any different from anyone else with a title wanting to use it?

Just curious - how did she "make a big deal and demand it"? Is that any different from anyone else with a title wanting to use it?
I demand to be called “supreme overlord of the universe”

Outside of an academic setting, yes, it's pretentious to demand you be called "doctor" when you are not a medical doctor. And I doubt she worked particularly hard for her modest accomplishments. She's a wealthy white woman from a privileged family, she very likely has no idea what actual hard work is.

The first usage of the title "Dr." was not medical. It was an ACADEMIC title given to the first graduates with a Doctorate in the 13th century, from the Universities of Paris and Bologna in Europe. From there it spread around the world to indicate someone who had achieved a doctorate. That is its origin. Medical practitioners were often referred to as "Mr.".

This slam on Jill Biden is really pretty low. You can argue about the value of a degree, but in most cases achieving a doctorate in any field requires a lot of hard work and time. Slamming her for it is just a sign of the right's utter disdain for education. :(
You are all up in a stink about it, and she is the one who went on with Colbert to whine. To regular Americans she is just another pretentious uber elitist.

To "regular Americans" she's a well educated and accomplished woman. To white male supremacists, shes a threat, to be minimized, denigrated and insulted. Regular Americans are shocked and appalled at your treatment of Democratic First Ladies.

Rosalind Carter was too "homespun", wearing her homemade dress to the Inauguration. Hillary Clinton thought she had a role in government. Who elected her? Michelle Obama was a man. Now Dr. Biden is "pretentious old lady".

Yeah, we need your senile foreign ass to tell us what "regular Americans" thousands of miles away from you are really thinking. I'm sure you have your finger on the pulse of other people's societies.

To regular Americans, she's just some chick whose husband was dubiously proclaimed President. They don't know jack about her, and probably didn't know she had any degree at all until she started pitching her little pissy fit about it.

To regular Americans she is an educated woman who's husband was clearly elected president and she will serve as First Lady.

Most of us Americans don't feel so threatened by educated women that we have to tear them down solely because they are educated.

Oh, you thought it was going to sound more convincing coming from you? Not. I stand by what I said: to regular Americans, she's just some chick whose husband ran for office. They didn't know she even had a degree - and probably wouldn't recognize her if she fell on them - until she started making a big Karen tantrum out of it.

Most of us Americans don't frantically search for "our betters" to fall down and worship. We leave that to you leftists and your richly-earned inferiority complexes.

Has nothing to do with her being a woman. You and LizardBitch definitely have this tag-team "embarrassment to all femaleness" thing going on, though.

Have you earned it? What are your credentials? Have you ever gloated over your enemies before killing them? Have you kidnapped any beautiful princess's? Do you have a dark fortress somewhere out of sight? Do you wear a goatee? Have you aquired an unstoppable weapon? Have you amassed your legions of terror? Is your Doomsday device up to code and properly grounded? How many vats of hazardous chemicals do you have?

See, titles are earned not demanded.

Oh, you thought it was going to sound more convincing coming from you? Not. I stand by what I said: to regular Americans, she's just some chick whose husband ran for office. They didn't know she even had a degree - and probably wouldn't recognize her if she fell on them - until she started making a big Karen tantrum out of it.

Most of us Americans don't frantically search for "our betters" to fall down and worship. We leave that to you leftists and your richly-earned inferiority complexes.

Has nothing to do with her being a woman. You and LizardBitch definitely have this tag-team "embarrassment to all femaleness" thing going on, though.

Most of us regular Americans don't have a problem with Jill Biden being an educated woman. But it seems that to you irregular Americans, she rubs you the wrong way. But hey, that's ok, It's funny to watch you find something to attack her for :)

Dr. Biden is a real doctor. She's not a medical doctor, but them neither is my friend in Montreal who is a published research PhD whose studies on Alzheimer's patients are currently being published in peer reviewed journals. He has a PhD in psychology, and no one has ever once suggested he isn't a "real" doctor.

Dentists, psychologists, and veterinarians are all called Doctor too, and none of them are medical doctors. Their PhD's are in other fields as is Dr. Biden's degree. My male PhD friends have no problem getting people to call them "Dr.". Female PhD's who are not medical doctors have their hard work and credentials questioned all of the time.

Thank you for proving your misogyny, yet again.
Oooh thanks arrogant uber educated libber for chastising us and working in another of your stupid big words there at the end.

I'll bet if I complained I had never gotten anywhere in life, you would have said I should have gotten an education. I've spent my entire life getting an education. I started learning before I started school, and continue to this day studying, and learning new things, new words, and new concepts.

Conservatives think they know everything, and just stop trying to challenge their closely held beliefs, or taking on new ideas. I'll be learning until the day I die.

Conservatives don't think they know everything. They just know YOU don't, and laugh at your belief that whatever education you think you got actually made you smart.

You spend your time lecturing people from another country about how things "really" are there. You have no room to talk about anyone "thinking they know everything", you arrogant twat.

And at the rate you're going, it'll be the day you die before all your "learning" results in you actually knowing something. I'm laughing my ass off at the insanely pretentious humble-brag about "lifelong learning" coming from the most ignorant humanoid I've ever encountered.

Ok
I went back and read the WSJ article written by Joseph Epstein.

The article was in Fact 90% about himself.
The article never states that Jill Biden “demands” to be called Doctor.
How about one of you haters provide that clip or tweet or other source where Jill “Demands” to be called Doctor.
The article itself doesn’t even say that.

You RWI’s came up with that all on your own.

Then you counter that Melania speaks multiple languages (from 5-7) when in reality she speaks English and she speaks her native language.

Dr. Biden is a real doctor. She's not a medical doctor, but them neither is my friend in Montreal who is a published research PhD whose studies on Alzheimer's patients are currently being published in peer reviewed journals. He has a PhD in psychology, and no one has ever once suggested he isn't a "real" doctor.

Dentists, psychologists, and veterinarians are all called Doctor too, and none of them are medical doctors. Their PhD's are in other fields as is Dr. Biden's degree. My male PhD friends have no problem getting people to call them "Dr.". Female PhD's who are not medical doctors have their hard work and credentials questioned all of the time.

Oooh thanks arrogant uber educated libber for chastising us and working in another of your stupid big words there at the end.

I'll bet if I complained I had never gotten anywhere in life, you would have said I should have gotten an education. I've spent my entire life getting an education. I started learning before I started school, and continue to this day studying, and learning new things, new words, and new concepts.

Conservatives think they know everything, and just stop trying to challenge their closely held beliefs, or taking on new ideas. I'll be learning until the day I die.
WE think WE know everything? Oh thats a good one. What we do is work our jobs and support families and take responsibility for ourselves...while you elitists spend your time lecturing everyone on what to do.

THAT elitist-wannabe is lecturing us on how to run the US from another country. Not sure how much more "think I know everything" one can get. When's the last time you went online and searched out citizens of foreign countries to tell them how things "really" are where they live?

She earned a phD.
That earns her the title of “doctor” based on our cultural norms.
She is a “real doctor”. She didn’t earn the degree out of a Cracker Jack box (do they still do Cracker Jack prizes?)
Attacking her over this is silly at best, petty partisan BS at most, and damaging to our societal norms at worst.
We can’t participate in tearing down small pieces of our society when it’s politically convenient and then bitch about “liberals destroying the culture”.

As for her respectability, the character of doctors in the medical Community (md, do, dc, dpt, dds), and other such debates are a side note. Having a degree of any kind doesn’t mean the person is a good person. As loathe as I am to use nazi references, Dr. mengele was a Doctor. Did he earn the degree and deserve respect in that regard? Yup. Did he keep his oath and deserve to keep sucking oxygen? Fuck no.
Yes, they still do cracker jack prizes. That's where I got my tech certs on transmissions.
Sweet!!
Hey, you ever use a gear vendors over drive unit?
I got a 71 gto with a 3 speed auto.
3 gears is kinda shitty, and I’m debating using one to basically give me 6 gears (it can be used to “gear split”, as well as provide over drive). I don’t know whether to go with that, or replace the whole trannie. But I don’t know what transmission has 6+ gears that would mate up with an old 400ci Pontiac block that has no computers.
No I never have. I saw one in a vehicle one time but I don't know anything about them. It would probably be cheaper to put a 200-4R trans into the Pontiac. You would want a rebuilt unit unless you can build one yourself. I can tell you how to run the wiring to it and how to configure it inside the pan the make the converter clutch work if you like. However it's kind of a light duty trans that won't take much other than normal driving. Does it have a turbo 400 in it now?

Last edited:

WE think WE know everything? Oh thats a good one. What we do is work our jobs and support families and take responsibility for ourselves...while you elitists spend your time lecturing everyone on what to do.

I'm not an elitist. I applied to business school because I had two children to support, and I couldn't do that while working as a bank teller. I started out working for a sole practioner in an uptown law office in Toronto, and worked my way down Yonge Street ending up at one of the biggest law firms in the world, working on deals that effect the economies of nations. One of our partners was the former Premier of the Province. Nobody "gave" me anything. I earned every single bit of it, and I worked hard for more than 40 years for what I have.

Dear God, no one asked or cares. Save your "Admire me!!! PLEASE!!!" rant for your therapist. Oooh, you had sex and squeezed out some kids. Oooh, you got a job to pay the bills. Oooh, you worked your entire adult life. Let us all genuflect in awe and amazement at your heroic story . . . of doing the same fucking thing the vast majority of people in the world do. Get the fuck over yourself, Queen for a Day. You aren't unique, special, and impressive . . . except in your absolutely breathtaking narcissism. Not everyone can do THAT.

Have you earned it? What are your credentials? Have you ever gloated over your enemies before killing them? Have you kidnapped any beautiful princess's? Do you have a dark fortress somewhere out of sight? Do you wear a goatee? Have you aquired an unstoppable weapon? Have you amassed your legions of terror? Is your Doomsday device up to code and properly grounded? How many vats of hazardous chemicals do you have?

See, titles are earned not demanded.
I’m working on it.

We are all impressed by your learned past, but have you ever worked a day in your life?

God, I have little tolerance for dingbats!

Dragonlady has proved herself through her many posts that she's anything but a dingbat, but I can truly believe you're a meat head.

Speaking of someone who's best support for things he believes is to shut up about them. I'm sure we all think LizardBitch is even less intelligent than we did, simply because a vacuum-skull like you is vouching for her.

I'm seriously laughing my ass off.

Ok
I went back and read the WSJ article written by Joseph Epstein.

The article was in Fact 90% about himself.
The article never states that Jill Biden “demands” to be called Doctor.
How about one of you haters provide that clip or tweet or other source where Jill “Demands” to be called Doctor.
The article itself doesn’t even say that.

You RWI’s came up with that all on your own.

Then you counter that Melania speaks multiple languages (from 5-7) when in reality she speaks English and she speaks her native language.
Ypu te one ignorant idiot.

It's amazing to me how leftists dismiss anything old and traditional . . . until they think it'll give them what they want.

No one's slamming her for her degree, however much you want to make this into another desperate attempt to feel good about yourself and your evil crew. But no one's particularly impressed with the "pure grit" - as one fatuous media sycophant said - of a rich white woman in Delaware attending classes and writing papers because she was middle-aged and bored.

Slamming us for not groveling at the feet of people with degrees like you do is just a sign of the left's utter disdain for regular working-class people.

Michelle Obama has never been a lightweight. Princeton, then Harvard Law. The misogyny among right-wingers is frightening. Look what they are trying to do to the Vice President-elect.

Every day here, some asshat tells me to "shut up and make me a sandwich". They dismiss anyone in politics who is bright and talented unless they're a white male Repulican. They'll give an occasion woman a SC seat, as long she's not going to stand up for minority or women's rights.

Toxic white male culture.

My favorite line from the white, straight, male republican dweebs on USMB is that I am ignorant of some unspecified facts and should "educate" myself before posting. Of course, they never explain what it is that I am not "educated" about and what specific facts that I am not aware of. Ask for any specifics, I get crickets. They do appreciate women who are willing to play their games, sexual and otherwise, but not those of us who don't buy their shit and actually ask pertinent questions, which, of course, they don't want to answer. This is pure identity politics.

What they don't understand is how many white, straight, men whom I have loved and respected in my life. All good and ethical people. I particularly miss my porch talks with my late father during my teenage years, when we sparred on such questions as whether the U.S. should have bombed Hiroshima and then, dropped the second bomb on Nagasaki. We read the books that he brought home. He was not a rich man, started out working in the Waldorf Astoria, went to war, married my mom on a Christmas pass from the Army, then spent his life working for the Ford Motor Co. We talked about whether there was a Supreme Being. I remember him stopping the car, just to appreciate the sight of the sun going down. Every girl and every boy should have such a teacher.

Forum List

Back