Dow Sinks 981 Points, as Wall St Ends 3rd Losing Week

The market is DOWN for the year. If he would have left the money in, he would be down by 7% + the market downturn. In other words, he loses more in the market.

Until the market comes back and his money is sitting there earning .05%.

If you are going to close them out at least do something with it.

We closed our main non-retainment account in late Feb to use it to put 25% down as earnest money on a house we are having built. That way it is still going to be earning us money in the future.

Dude inflation is 7%. I cant make this simpler for you
No, you cannot! I lost 14% in one month in your wonderful stock market. I would have lost every penny at that rate in about 6 months.

I was a math teacher also tasked with teaching economics. You have nothing on me. Those investments were made many years ago and started out at less than $10,000. I lost a great deal of the value in 2008 but slowly and surely recovered, and the growth under Trump was incredible! Those accounts were actually approaching $50,000 even during the pandemic.

It is all a matter of timing and right now the stock market sucks!

Read slowly. His money is worth 7% less on top of any loss he just took

Yes, and will be worth 7% less times the number of years he keeps it in the market. In case you haven’t been following along, the market is not keeping up with inflation. At some point, if you want real money, you know, something you can use to buy things with, you have to cash out. Better to cash out when the market is high(er) than when it is low(er). The market is going to tank because of Biden and the Democrats. It isn’t a matter of if, but when. My guess is 2023. The only hope is that Republicans can put a stop to the madness in the mid-terms, but it may be too late.

No, you cannot! I lost 14% in one month in your wonderful stock market. I would have lost every penny at that rate in about 6 months.

I was a math teacher also tasked with teaching economics. You have nothing on me. Those investments were made many years ago and started out at less than $10,000. I lost a great deal of the value in 2008 but slowly and surely recovered, and the growth under Trump was incredible! Those accounts were actually approaching $50,000 even during the pandemic.

It is all a matter of timing and right now the stock market sucks!
If you need the money today it does not belong in the market

Yes, and will be worth 7% less times the number of years he keeps it in the market. In case you haven’t been following along, the market is not keeping up with inflation. At some point, if you want real money, you know, something you can use to buy things with, you have to cash out. Better to cash out when the market is high(er) than when it is low(er). The market is going to tank because of Biden and the Democrats. It isn’t a matter of if, but when. My guess is 2023. The only hope is that Republicans can put a stop to the madness in the mid-terms, but it may be too late.
If you need that money today it dies not belong in the market. A year from now it will be higher

If you need the money today it does not belong in the market

What don’t you understand? The stock market is going to go further DOWN. It is that simple. Smart investors ALWAYS get out when they see a downturn coming. You are suggesting to sit it out and wait on Biden and the Democrats to fix the problem? Brilliant strategy.

What don’t you understand? The stock market is going to go further DOWN. It is that simple. Smart investors ALWAYS get out when they see a downturn coming. You are suggesting to sit it out and wait on Biden and the Democrats to fix the problem? Brilliant strategy.
Great buying opportunity. You think Republicans will win in November and destroy the market?

I see

Great buying opportunity. You think Republicans will win in November and destroy the market?

I see

We haven’t hit bottom, not even close, so it is not time to buy. As I stated before, the Republicans can only do so much stop this moron in office. Until we get another Republican back in the office that can cut the endless safety net crap the Democrats support and start supporting business and people that actually work instead of stinging around with their hands out, it won’t get any better.

We haven’t hit bottom, not even close, so it is not time to buy. As I stated before, the Republicans can only do so much stop this moron in office. Until we get another Republican back in the office that can cut the endless safety net crap the Democrats support and start supporting business and people that actually work instead of stinging around with their hands out, it won’t get any better.
Congress has complete control of the purse strings. The president is not as powerful as you like to make out

If you think the gop will win congress and then they will tank the market get out

That says a lot about the gop though

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
Joe is an idiot, but solely blaming him for the Dow’s loss is nonsensical. Joe is a corporatist of the highest order. He takes orders from Wall Street like all our recent presidents.
/-----/ And you think Wall Street ordered Joe to crush the market 1,000 points?

Wall Street slumped to a lower close on Friday, ending a whipsaw week of surprise earnings news and increased certainty around aggressive near-term interest rate rises, which also pushed them into negative territory for the week.
It was the third straight week of losses for both the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq, while the Dow Jones posted its fourth weekly decline in a row.

Thanks a lot Senile Joe, your incompetance is destroying America

View attachment 634997
Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Putin's fault Jan 6th Jan 6th Jan 6th Jan 6th Jan 6th Jan 6th Jan 6th Jan 6th Jan 6th RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM Metoo Metoo Metoo Metoo Metoo Metoo Metoo Metoo Metoo Metoo Metoo Metoo Metoo Metoo Metoo Metoo Metoo Metoo Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare Fairshare

There I just summed up the leftist response. Very rare now that their platitudes have more than two syllables. They are trained circus fleas. They are squawking parrots. They are deranged monkeys. Feel free to add whatever metaphor you want. I truly fear for them. I fear for us too for the tribulations that are upon us. Have mods that don't think the systematic burning down of food storage and processing plants isn't political, which means to them the vast number of these fires (18 in the US alone over the last 5 months) are just news stories.

Meanwhile klaus schwab and the other globalists are telling us the food shortages are coming as they use their necessary scapegoat Putin to execute their plans to cull the population.

War, world pandemics and famines. This is the how its done and they use their trained monkeys in the media to repeat the propaganda to sedate the masses.

Free speech is all the oppressed ever have and what made this country so great is viewed as hate speech as put out by those same monkeys that stalin called useful idiots.

Welcome everyone. I fear for you leftists. I really do for what's coming.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
If all he has is 30,000 he should not be in the market at all
Remember, I was a public school teacher. My retirement here was handled by the state and I had to pull it out because our wonderful Republican governor hated teachers for demanding accountability for our retirement funds. His proposals for changes to the retirement system caused thousands of teachers to retire as quickly as they could or have their retirement possibly cut in half with larger contributions required out of our meager paychecks!

Our vaunted Republican governor managed to lose an election, where almost every other elected office went to Republicans. He is a class A idiot! Now, we suffer under a Democrat governor who must be a masochist because his ass gets getting waxed by the state legislature and attorney general which is dominated by Republicans. He was one of those Democrats who loved lockdowns until the legislature stripped him of all power to do so. His chances at reelection are nil and none!

Why is how much I had invested any of your GD business? I also have a state retirement from Florida and several pieces of real estate I will be selling for my retirement. You may politely kiss my ass!

Remember, I was a public school teacher. My retirement here was handled by the state and I had to pull it out because our wonderful Republican governor hated teachers for demanding accountability for our retirement funds. His proposals for changes to the retirement system caused thousands of teachers to retire as quickly as they could or have their retirement possibly cut in half with larger contributions required out of our meager paychecks!

Our vaunted Republican governor managed to lose an election, where almost every other elected office went to Republicans. He is a class A idiot! Now, we suffer under a Democrat governor who must be a masochist because his ass gets getting waxed by the state legislature and attorney general which is dominated by Republicans. He was one of those Democrats who loved lockdowns until the legislature stripped him of all power to do so. His chances at reelection are nil and none!
A word of advice. If all you have is 30,000 and you will need some of it this year keep it out of the market. It should never have been in the market

Until the market comes back and his money is sitting there earning .05%.

If you are going to close them out at least do something with it.

We closed our main non-retainment account in late Feb to use it to put 25% down as earnest money on a house we are having built. That way it is still going to be earning us money in the future.

A house? I thought you lived under a rock or in a golf course water hazard!

You brought your business here. You are a foolish investor who buys high and sells low. Lol
Fuck you! You are a God damned troll who will do most anything to stroke you ego. That statement made no sense as I bought with a lot less than $10K and sold for over $36K?

You need a personality transplant along with a new brain. Your brain isn't working and your personality is one huge dick!

Forum List

Back