Dow Sinks 981 Points, as Wall St Ends 3rd Losing Week

Wall Street slumped to a lower close on Friday, ending a whipsaw week of surprise earnings news and increased certainty around aggressive near-term interest rate rises, which also pushed them into negative territory for the week.
It was the third straight week of losses for both the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq, while the Dow Jones posted its fourth weekly decline in a row.

Thanks a lot Senile Joe, your incompetance is destroying America

View attachment 634997
Joe Biden is the worst possible President at the worst possible time.

The market always bottoms out eventually, the problem is if our economy is damaged enough it can take years or decades to fully recover instead of days, weeks, or just a few months.

Biden's policies are heading us towards a potentially serious recession.

No way. Just ask our resident financial expert Mac. Biden's policies are great for our economy. Any financial problems are not his fault. No way Trump would have done any better. ;)

No way. Just ask our resident financial expert Mac. Biden's policies are great for our economy. Any financial problems are not his fault. No way Trump would have done any better. ;)
Sarcasm

If you beleive that crap you are definitely an excellent Democratic sheeple.

If Biden doesn’t leave office until after the 2024 election all the Trump gains will have been erased and the DOW will be lower than when Obama left office and it was 19,732. Today it is 33.811.40. On the day Biden took office it was 31,188.38,

I'd rather stick with reality.

I'd rather stick with reality.

Reality:

Wall Street slumped to a lower close on Friday, ending a whipsaw week of surprise earnings news and increased certainty around aggressive near-term interest rate rises, which also pushed them into negative territory for the week.
It was the third straight week of losses for both the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq, while the Dow Jones posted its fourth weekly decline in a row.

Thanks a lot Senile Joe, your incompetance is destroying America

1650720248623-png.634997

If you beleive that crap you are definitely an excellent Democratic sheeple.

If Biden doesn’t leave office until after the 2024 election all the Trump gains will have been erased and the DOW will be lower than when Obama left office and it was 19,732. Today it is 33.811.40. On the day Biden took office it was 31,188.38,

My post contained a heavy dose of sarcasm. Biden is an idiot. I have been telling Mac1958 this since the election. He deems himself as a financial expert being a CFP and all but made the brilliant decision to vote for Biden over Trump. He just couldn’t stomach the mean tweets, portfolios and our country be damned.

My post contained a heavy does of sarcasm. Biden is an idiot. I have been telling Mac1958 this since the election. He deems himself as a financial expert being a CFP and all but made the brilliant decision to vote for Biden over Trump. He just couldn’t stomach the mean tweets, portfolios and our country be damned.
And another Trumpster who thinks short term market patterns paint a simplistic, hyper-partisan macroeconomic picture.

On no issue does the shallow, arrogant ignorance of Trumpism display itself more than on economics and markets.

And another example of why I no longer bother.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
And another Trumpster who thinks short term market patterns paint a simplistic, hyper-partisan macroeconomic picture.

On no issue does the shallow, arrogant ignorance of Trumpism display itself more than on economics and markets.

And another example of why I no longer bother.

Good LORD you are dense. Biden’s policies have everything to do with the current market problems. EVERYBODY with any financial acumen whatsoever that is NOT in the tank with the left understands this.

Your problem is for months the left screeching gains in the markets were due to the Potato. He owns gains, he owns the dips

And for months you screeching righties said Biden had nothing to do with the gains, so if he does not own the gains...

This is good news if you are still funding your 401k, more shares can be bought for the same amount of money. Then when the market rebounds you are far better off. Only an issue right now if you are needing it to live on.

You will lose 7% a year
Yeah, I believe that, but I also believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny!

I lost $4200 in the last month or so. My retirement account was at $30,000 at the beginning of the month, yet when I cashed out my accounts, I got checks for a total of $25,800. For those thinking I didn't account for taxes, those figures are after the taxes were deducted. Thank you Joe Biden for this great economy!

Yeah, I believe that, but I also believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny!

I lost $4200 in the last month or so. My retirement account was at $30,000 at the beginning of the month, yet when I cashed out my accounts, I got checks for a total of $25,800. For those thinking I didn't account for taxes, those figures are after the taxes were deducted. Thank you Joe Biden for this great economy!
Dude inflation is 7%. I cant make this simpler for you

Your retirement account only had $30,000 in it? I guess you are working till you are 99 or dead.

The market is DOWN for the year. If he would have left the money in, he would be down by 7% + the market downturn. In other words, he loses more in the market.
Read slowly. His money is worth 7% less on top of any loss he just took

Forum List

Back