Don’t let the rightwing fool you: the economy is doing well under Biden

So Trump is the only president for whose desk the buck doesn't stop. Is that right?
LIAR-S.jpg

Nothing you say is supported by facts. For instance, you said that less people go to work because of the “pork” in Biden’s legislation. This isnt based in reality. Despite this “pork”, the unemployment rate has gone down under Biden. That’s the shit you can’t comprehend.

Let me tell you the attributes to a cogent argument:

1) You use actual facts to support your claim.

2) You acknowledge your opponent’s argument but explain how he is ultimately misinformed. Did you notice how I am not denying that inflation is currently a problem? No. I simply say “yes, Ray, you’re right. Inflation is a problem. However, every other economic metric is better under Biden so it’s worth acknowledging it” You, on the other hand, ignore ANY of the facts I say. You are too focused on being as contrary as possible. It makes you lose credibility.

You're welcome to feel that way, but everything I said is supported by facts.

Yes the unemployment rate did drop thanks to the new vaccines that came out, but it dropped at such a slow rate because there was no reason for unemployed people to go back to work. In my state, they calculated that with the federal unemployment money and considering taxes, people on unemployment were making around 60K a year in comparison to those that were working. Our cost of living is pretty reasonable here, and there are a lot of people who don't make 60K a year working. So if you were unemployed from a job making 42K a year, why would you go back to work and give up making 60K a year staying home?

According to the BLS statistics, it took the first seven months of last year for unemployment to drop 1%. After the funny money stopped in September, it dropped almost that much in the last four months. The only reason it dropped that 1% in the first seven months is because states with Republican Governors stopped the additional fed money to their citizens.

It's going to take at least a year to recover from that F-up. The shelves in our stores are still half empty and it's going to take time to catch back up. We are short over 80,000 truck drivers in the country and starting next month, the feds are going to make it harder for new drivers to get into that field of work. On top of the training you get, they are going to mandate all new drivers and current drivers wishing to upgrade their license to tractor-trailer have to take a government class to get their license.

Do tell, how will employers get employees to take less money than they make now?

The ones they have now won't change, but new job openings will be paying less when more people are working just like it was before. The employees that are being overpaid now won't be getting raises anytime soon.

You're welcome to feel that way, but everything I said is supported by facts.

Yes the unemployment rate did drop thanks to the new vaccines that came out, but it dropped at such a slow rate because there was no reason for unemployed people to go back to work. In my state, they calculated that with the federal unemployment money and considering taxes, people on unemployment were making around 60K a year in comparison to those that were working. Our cost of living is pretty reasonable here, and there are a lot of people who don't make 60K a year working. So if you were unemployed from a job making 42K a year, why would you go back to work and give up making 60K a year staying home?

According to the BLS statistics, it took the first seven months of last year for unemployment to drop 1%. After the funny money stopped in September, it dropped almost that much in the last four months. The only reason it dropped that 1% in the first seven months is because states with Republican Governors stopped the additional fed money to their citizens.

It's going to take at least a year to recover from that F-up. The shelves in our stores are still half empty and it's going to take time to catch back up. We are short over 80,000 truck drivers in the country and starting next month, the feds are going to make it harder for new drivers to get into that field of work. On top of the training you get, they are going to mandate all new drivers and current drivers wishing to upgrade their license to tractor-trailer have to take a government class to get their license.
We all know by now that FACTS, are irrelevant, unimportant, and a total waste of time.

He knows everything you say is true and he doesn't care. He lives to argue. President Biden could state that the sky is green and Faun would stamp his little feet and scream that Biden is right because he was looking at the Northern Lights you idiots!

Last edited:
Was Biden magically supposed to make that disappear? Why didn’t Trump?

The ones they have now won't change, but new job openings will be paying less when more people are working just like it was before. The employees that are being overpaid now won't be getting raises anytime soon.
Where are all these new workers coming from?

If you are not gainfully employed and making the most money you ever have I question whether you deserve to criticize the economy.

The U.S. economy grew at a much better-than-expected pace to end 2021 from sizeable boosts in inventories and consumer spending, and despite signs that the acceleration likely tailed off toward the end of the year.

Gross domestic product, the sum of all goods and services produced during the October-through-December period, increased at a 6.9% annualized pace, the Commerce Department reported Thursday. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been looking for a gain of 5.5%.

If you are not gainfully employed and making the most money you ever have I question whether you deserve to criticize the economy.

The U.S. economy grew at a much better-than-expected pace to end 2021 from sizeable boosts in inventories and consumer spending, and despite signs that the acceleration likely tailed off toward the end of the year.

Gross domestic product, the sum of all goods and services produced during the October-through-December period, increased at a 6.9% annualized pace, the Commerce Department reported Thursday. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been looking for a gain of 5.5%.

It will probably be that way for a while. The forth quarter is always a spending quarter due to Christmas, but this year it a combined holiday spending and catching up on filling all those empty shelves in the stores which there are a lot of.

I was asking my cousin about replacing the windows in one of my rental units. He has his own remodeling business. He told me good luck. All his window jobs are 10 weeks behind.

Ray, those govmint checks for $1400 sure go along way…

Millions of imagery kids?

Ray, those govmint checks for $1400 sure go along way…

Millions of imagery kids?

I read an article during the time about the extra unemployment money. Their calculations were that people on unemployment were making the equivalent of people working that made 60K a year. In my state 60K a year is living pretty well. People who make less own their own homes, drive nice cars and live comfortably. As I told another poster, if you make 42K working, but can make 60K not working, the choice is pretty clear.

But it's also a ton of money for kids that normally work those service jobs. A few bucks to the parents for room and board, maybe a car payment, and the rest is fun money you can bank. The federal extension started in February and lasted until the end of September. Their only other expense was a few bags of Dorito's every week to munch on playing video games.

Eventually they will all have to come back to work. Many have already and that's reflected in the unemployment rate that continues to slowly drop.

I read an article during the time about the extra unemployment money. Their calculations were that people on unemployment were making the equivalent of people working that made 60K a year. In my state 60K a year is living pretty well. People who make less own their own homes, drive nice cars and live comfortably. As I told another poster, if you make 42K working, but can make 60K not working, the choice is pretty clear.

But it's also a ton of money for kids that normally work those service jobs. A few bucks to the parents for room and board, maybe a car payment, and the rest is fun money you can bank. The federal extension started in February and lasted until the end of September. Their only other expense was a few bags of Dorito's every week to munch on playing video games.

Eventually they will all have to come back to work. Many have already and that's reflected in the unemployment rate that continues to slowly drop.
Where did you read this?

Forum List

Back