Don't know if this is legal to build...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri

Looks simple enough.

After watching that video on push through rifling...no problem there.

BUT...it doesnt LOOK like a gun.

Somehow LifeCard gets away with a non-gun shaped gun...so...I don't know.

Opinions?

Looks simple enough.

Opinions?

That would be covered under the ANY OTHER WEAPON category. So yeah, not entirely legal to build.

If it was me I'd make it out of Delrin. It would hold up to .22 Short HV or LR Standard velocity long enough for it's intended purpose....To kill someone else and take their real gun.

Interesting idea. Not too savvy on to plastic front. I wonder if metal springs would be enough to satisfy the no undetectable firearm law...

Looks simple enough.

Opinions?

Your problem would be that if you didn't go through the ATF to record a serial number for it and jump through whatever hoops they demand it would be considered a "Ghost Gun" and I think they have some new reg's Biden put into place on such weapons.

You'd also have to be very careful to stat within your own states concealed firearms laws if you were going to carry it.

Interesting idea. Not too savvy on to plastic front. I wonder if metal springs would be enough to satisfy the no undetectable firearm law...
Buying a $40.00 2' section of .22 barrel liner cut to length would take care of that. Just re-crown and epoxy them into properly sized holes drilled in the Delrin for the purpose. Modern barrel liners are just epoxied-in these days.

A cheap 3-D printer could accomplish much of what you want to do if you can program it......But yeah, the springs required would also accomplish the same thing as far as detection goes.

There are also such things as composite plastic springs....Just sayin'. ;)

LeeP™ Plastic Springs - Learn About | Lee Spring

Looks simple enough.

Opinions?

Short answer, NO. without hoops.

Go thru not only ATF but a form one and the tax with NFA and you build it as an "AOW"

It must resemble a handgun, have a exposed trigger and grip. Those old 22 folding pen guns did just that and were not an AOW. Like this one. Legal title one pistol.
14348010_1.jpg

This is an AOW, tax and register with NFA.
file.jpg

Forum List

Back