Don’t Call It Climate Change. Red States Prepare For ‘Extreme Weather’

one should expect the authors to publish their paper in a more reputable journal, subjecting to actual independent, anonymous peer review.
Very simple. The simple but good standard that reputable scientists and reputable journals have no problem meeting.

But these authors can't quite seem to meet this standard.

They won't even submit their work for independent, anonymous peer review. So they are left submitting an "invite paper" to a low quality journal without proper peer review standards.

But you didn't reader or understand the message. You posted an agreeable opinion, assuming it was valid due to his having credentials. Which was also transparent fraud on your part, as you don't give two shits about credentials. Else you would have sided withthe overwhelming consensus already and would not have to furiously Google for articles you never read and don't understand, then regurgitate them,

... as if it someone else's job to sift through your steaming piles of shit you never read and explain them to you and debunk them.. Please.
Here are the credentials of 8 of the 23 scientists who collaborate on this paper.

• Dr. Ronan Connolly, lead author of the study, at the Center for Environmental Research and Earth Sciences (CERES)
  • Richard C. Willson, Principal Investigator in charge of NASA’s ACRIM series of Sun-monitoring Total Solar Irradiance satellite experiments
  • Willie Soon, at the Center for Environmental Research and Earth Sciences (CERES), who also has been researching sun/climate relationships at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center
  • Nicola Scafetta, Professor of Oceanography and Atmospheric Physics at the University of Naples Federico II
  • Gregory Henry, Senior Research Scientist in Astronomy, from Tennessee State University’s Center of Excellence in Information Systems
  • Valery M. Fedorov, at the Faculty of Geography in Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia
  • Hong Yan (晏宏), Professor of Geology and Paleoclimatology at the Institute of Earth Environment and Vice Director of the State Key Laboratory of Loess and Quaternary Geology in Xi’an

So what exactly have you accomplished in life that gives you the right to besmirch their reputations?

Very simple. The simple but good standard that reputable scientists and reputable journals have no problem meeting.

They won't even submit their work for independent, anonymous peer review. So they are left submitting an "invite paper" to a low quality journal without proper peer review standards.
Just to pile on:

The astrophysics community has long eschewed this journal as being dubious and as being an arm of the Chinese information machine.

In 2009, it rebranded itself and moved its HQ to Britain, after 28 years of being a Chinese journal based in China. It has since made no more progress in its credibility, as evidenced by both ratings I already presented.

Who are you to say so?

Are you a scientist? Have you ever had an article published in a technical journal?

Exactly what are YOUR credentials to be questioning the credentials of others?

Just to pile on:

The astrophysics community has long eschewed this journal as being dubious and as being an arm of the Chinese information machine.

In 2009, it rebranded itself and moved its HQ to Britain, after 28 years of being a Chinese journal based in China. It has since made no more progress in its credibility, as evidenced by both ratings I already l presented.
Again...

Here are the credentials of 8 of the 23 scientists who collaborate on this paper.

• Dr. Ronan Connolly, lead author of the study, at the Center for Environmental Research and Earth Sciences (CERES)
  • Richard C. Willson, Principal Investigator in charge of NASA’s ACRIM series of Sun-monitoring Total Solar Irradiance satellite experiments
  • Willie Soon, at the Center for Environmental Research and Earth Sciences (CERES), who also has been researching sun/climate relationships at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center
  • Nicola Scafetta, Professor of Oceanography and Atmospheric Physics at the University of Naples Federico II
  • Gregory Henry, Senior Research Scientist in Astronomy, from Tennessee State University’s Center of Excellence in Information Systems
  • Valery M. Fedorov, at the Faculty of Geography in Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia
  • Hong Yan (晏宏), Professor of Geology and Paleoclimatology at the Institute of Earth Environment and Vice Director of the State Key Laboratory of Loess and Quaternary Geology in Xi’an

So what exactly have you accomplished in life that gives you the right to besmirch their reputations?

Personally I find it refreshing that there are scientists willing to argue the other side. Especially since there are a lot of people who don't want their work to be challenged. Those people are decidedly anti-science. Science is never settled and no new view should be summarily dismissed. The validity of scientific positions should be based upon the merits of the scientific positions.

And this paper has merit.

The right is waking up to the reality of climate change.

However since they spent a couple of decades saying it was all a hoax and not real, the republican politicians are now having to use the words" extreme weather."

No matter what terminology they use, they are finally waking up to the reality of it and finally taking some steps to combat the effects of climate change.

The sad thing, we never would have had to do this if the right had not spent so much time denying it's happening and actually took steps to combat it we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now.

It's going to cost much more and we will have to take more steps to combat it since it was allowed to get so bad.

I sure wish the right had woken up decades ago to this problem. It wouldn't be as bad as it is now.

That half a billion that DeSantis is going to spend isn't federal tax dollars. It's state tax dollars which means the state of Florida is going to have to raise taxes in some way soon.

They will probably do as they have been doing with taxes for decades.

Hit the guests who go there as tourists. The last time I was in Florida there were FIVE separate taxes on hotels and car rentals. While the taxes on the people who live there are very low.

The last thing a republican is going to do is be responsible and pay their own way.

So don't be surprised if it's much more expensive to visit Florida than it already is.

Dana calm down the UN report clearly states we'll be fine

Listen to the science

We're not some tiny island nation that really will get swallowed up.

The right is waking up to the reality of climate change.

However since they spent a couple of decades saying it was all a hoax and not real, the republican politicians are now having to use the words" extreme weather."

No matter what terminology they use, they are finally waking up to the reality of it and finally taking some steps to combat the effects of climate change.

The sad thing, we never would have had to do this if the right had not spent so much time denying it's happening and actually took steps to combat it we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now.

It's going to cost much more and we will have to take more steps to combat it since it was allowed to get so bad.

I sure wish the right had woken up decades ago to this problem. It wouldn't be as bad as it is now.

That half a billion that DeSantis is going to spend isn't federal tax dollars. It's state tax dollars which means the state of Florida is going to have to raise taxes in some way soon.

They will probably do as they have been doing with taxes for decades.

Hit the guests who go there as tourists. The last time I was in Florida there were FIVE separate taxes on hotels and car rentals. While the taxes on the people who live there are very low.

The last thing a republican is going to do is be responsible and pay their own way.

So don't be surprised if it's much more expensive to visit Florida than it already is.

^ funny stuff

Where yo' gittin dat "we" shit whitey?
Well, meaning everyone not in your ignorant group who understands the basic concepts of this topic. There are children who understand it and could explain it to you. But even they have better things to do.

Personally I think Fort Fun Indiana is doing a wonderful job of representing the global warming community. He makes my job of refuting their arguments very easy. :)

Well, meaning everyone not in your ignorant group who understands the basic concepts of this topic. There are children who understand it and could explain it to you. But even they have better things to do.
When you can tell me why we shouldn't expect increasing temperatures when our present temperature is still 2C below the peak temperature of previous interglacial cycles, let me know.

When you can show me an experiment that quantified the radiative forcing of CO2 increasing from 300 ppm to 420 ppm, let me know.

When you can tell me why the planet transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet, let me know.

When you can tell me why the southern hemisphere has a higher temperature threshold for extensive continental glaciation than the northern hemisphere does, let me know.

When you can tell me why the warmest global temperatures occur when the northern hemisphere receives the most sunshine, let me know.

When you can tell me why the coldest average temperatures occur when the northern hemisphere receives the least sun light, let me know.

When you can tell me why the planet experienced increased climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainty after it transitioned from a greenhouse world to an icehouse world, let me know.

Because until YOU can answer these questions you don't know jack shit about earth's climate. And you will never understand why I question the psuedo-science that is masquerading as science.

LOL!

Didn't take much to smoke that concealed racism!
I notice you have these embarrassing fits a lot (always a fake LOL or two). Maybe stop opening threads on topics you know nothing about, and you won't have to embarrass yourself and have hissy fits?

That's free advice.

We can expect at least one of these moron seizures per page in a climate thread on USMB. Comes with the territory.

However, the scientific community is not like USMB. They are not all inclusive. Not every opinion is as valid or respected as any other.

In the scientific communtiy,, if you show up to a lecture or conference and act like Henry is, or try to peddle dubious research as ding is, you get laughed out of the room and asked not to return, until you get your shit together.

PotatoCop.jpg

Forum List

Back