Don’t Call It Climate Change. Red States Prepare For ‘Extreme Weather’

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
The right is waking up to the reality of climate change.

However since they spent a couple of decades saying it was all a hoax and not real, the republican politicians are now having to use the words" extreme weather."

No matter what terminology they use, they are finally waking up to the reality of it and finally taking some steps to combat the effects of climate change.

The sad thing, we never would have had to do this if the right had not spent so much time denying it's happening and actually took steps to combat it we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now.

It's going to cost much more and we will have to take more steps to combat it since it was allowed to get so bad.

I sure wish the right had woken up decades ago to this problem. It wouldn't be as bad as it is now.

That half a billion that DeSantis is going to spend isn't federal tax dollars. It's state tax dollars which means the state of Florida is going to have to raise taxes in some way soon.

They will probably do as they have been doing with taxes for decades.

Hit the guests who go there as tourists. The last time I was in Florida there were FIVE separate taxes on hotels and car rentals. While the taxes on the people who live there are very low.

The last thing a republican is going to do is be responsible and pay their own way.

So don't be surprised if it's much more expensive to visit Florida than it already is.

Oh really?
You realize the term "climate change" itself was created because the original term "global warming" as described by alarmist in the 80s-90s - turned out to be completely false and wildly overstated. So it was changed to climate change. Why? So that no matter how the weather changes, they can claim to be right.
On this forum I have debunked so many claims it is ridiculous.
The most recent was a statement about "omg!! there is no snow in Denver so far this year!....climate change?!"
When in fact of all the warmest winters in Denver history - not one has been in the past 22 years. It's snowiest winter was in the 1949 I believe, followed just four years later by the lowest snowfall in history.
This is true all over the globe.

However since they spent a couple of decades saying it was all a hoax and not real, the republican politicians are now having to use the words" extreme weather."

No matter what terminology they use, they are finally waking up to the reality of it and finally taking some steps to combat the effects of climate change.

The sad thing, we never would have had to do this if the right had not spent so much time denying it's happening and actually took steps to combat it we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now.

It's going to cost much more and we will have to take more steps to combat it since it was allowed to get so bad.

I sure wish the right had woken up decades ago to this problem. It wouldn't be as bad as it is now.

That half a billion that DeSantis is going to spend isn't federal tax dollars. It's state tax dollars which means the state of Florida is going to have to raise taxes in some way soon.

Hit the guests who go there as tourists. The last time I was in Florida there were FIVE separate taxes on hotels and car rentals. While the taxes on the people who live there are very low.

The last thing a republican is going to do is be responsible and pay their own way.

So don't be surprised if it's much more expensive to visit Florida than it already is.

They want Government to help them recover from “extreme weather”

But not to the extent anyone has to make any sacrifices

They want Government to help them recover from “extreme weather”

But not to the extent anyone has to make any sacrifices

What kind of sacrifices are Liberals poised to make for them and their base?

None at all is the answer.

I've heard of no proposed taxes on public transportation, malt liquor, newports or bath house admissions to help pay for this.

Only taxes on things like Gasoline and diesel which are disproportionately consumed by conservatives in red states.

You realize the term "climate change" itself was created because the original term "global warming" as described by alarmist in the 80s-90s - turned out to be completely false and wildly overstated. So it was changed to climate change. Why? So that no matter how the weather changes, they can claim to be right.

That is not why it was changed. It was changed because of the morons who would go "look, it is snowing, that means the globe is not warming" about 1000 times a year.

What kind of sacrifices are Liberals poised to make for them and their base?

None at all is the answer.

I've heard of no proposed taxes on public transportation, malt liquor, newports or bath house admissions to help pay for this.

Only taxes on things like Gasoline and diesel which are disproportionately consumed by conservatives in red states.
Lets see…

Reduce our reliance on fossil fuels
Increase efficiency
Reduce consumption of plastics

finally taking some steps to combat the effects of climate change.

elderly-man-umbrella-isolated-white-background-156089372.jpg

And to think, all we had to do was pay higher taxes and not drive a SUV and we could have saved ourselves.

Oh bother, eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we all die!!

That is not why it was changed. It was changed because of the morons who would go "look, it is snowing, that means the globe is not warming" about 1000 times a year.
No.
It was changed because in the 80s and 90s the climate alarmist were saying by 2020 NYC was going to be under water.
They were saying the polar caps would be gone by the 2010s... you can see the videos of these claims still on YouTube.
You can read the papers and articles all over the place.
But golly gee... when 2010, 2020 rolled around and not one single fantastic claim came true... they had to change it.

The issue is the solution your side proposes is more government, more taxes, less freedom. Making people lower their standards of living while the elites still jet around and buy houses on the coast.

The issue is the whole movement is full of watermelons, (green on the outside, red on the inside).

We can Engineer our way out of most of the problems, but that's not what the gaia worshipers want, they want people to live the way they are told to live, while the elites keep their standard of living.

Forum List

Back