Don’t Be a Schmuck. Put on a Mask.

Perhaps our greatest American. The epitome of the American Dream. Someone with the character and integrity to give back in huge ways, at tremendous personal sacrifice.

Generations of Americans made incredible sacrifices, and we’re going to throw fits about putting a mask over our mouth and nose?

By Arnold Schwarzenegger

Earlier this week, I delivered a simple message: There is a virus here. It kills people. The only way you can prevent it is to get vaccinated, wear masks, and do social distancing.

Some people are complaining, “Well, my freedom is being kind of disturbed here.” Well, I told them, “Screw your freedom.” You have the freedom to wear no mask. But if you exercise that freedom, you’re a schmuck—because you’re supposed to protect your fellow Americans.

I’ll admit, calling people schmucks and saying “Screw your freedom” was a little much, even if I stand by the sentiment. But there is nothing that I’m more passionate about than keeping America great, and it’s the only subject that can make me lose my temper.

I knew I’d be called a RINO, but that doesn’t bother me. Honestly, rhinos are beautiful, powerful animals, so I take that as a compliment. I anticipated being called a Nazi and a Communist. But I’ve got thick skin stretched over my metal endoskeleton, so I knew I could take it.

But some of the responses really worried me. Many people told me that the Constitution gives them rights, but not responsibilities. They feel no duty to protect their fellow citizens.

That’s when I realized we all need a civics lesson. I can’t help but wonder how much better off we’d be if Americans took a step back from politics and spent a minute thinking about how lucky we are to call this country home. Instead of tweeting, we could think about what we owe to the patriots who came before us and those who will follow us.

I am not an academic, but I can tell you that selfishness and dereliction of duty did not make this country great. The Constitution aimed to “promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity.” It’s right there in our founding document. We need to think beyond our selfish interests.

I am an immigrant. This country gave me everything. I often tell people not to call me self-made; I prefer to call myself American-made. My success would have been impossible without the principles of the United States and the generosity of Americans.

I could just keep making more money, but that would be selfish. I feel a responsibility to do everything I can to help this country remain great. That’s why I traveled to all 50 states as the chair of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports on my own dime, that’s why I accept every invitation to visit our troops, that’s why I’ve invested millions to create a nationwide after-school program, and that’s why I walked away from $30 million movie deals to serve as governor of California for no salary. And even after all that, I’ll be paying down the debt I owe America for the rest of my life.

It’s up to all of us to recognize that the great privilege we have of being Americans comes with the great responsibility to keep this country No. 1.

I often think about how many Americans sacrificed to make this country great. John Adams wrote that “it was the Duty of a good Citizen to sacrifice all to his Country.” Or, as the classic film Team America taught us: “Freedom isn’t free.”

MORE AT THE LINK
Sheeze, Mr. Synth. I agree with you that for me, wearing a mask is very beneficial, and I am frequently in a public space where I am the only one doing so.

But the difference is it is a choice I made because I am allergic to shots that prevent the flu, pneumonia, and also many airborne pollens from a lot of different kinds of trees and other natural plants, so many that I'd be sick all the time except for wearing a mask that keeps the outdoors out of my nose and chest. I learned that a couple of years ago when we were cautioned to wear masks, and I haven't had so much as a common cold since then. I spent at least 30 years of being sick every winter, all winter due to whatever mold or chemical hangs around in freezing weather in cold mountain climates and the worst winter days a hundred miles north of the Gulf.. Some say freeon causes some of us cold weather trouble and that it is a winter health nightmare to those allergic to it. I'm not sure, but cold weather has never been kind to my respiratory tract.

My final pneumonia and flu shot(s) resulted in 2 days of shock symptoms each and a year of a very extended pneumonia symptoms. It was pure hell. And it was a year later when I had already decided to never take another shot associated with a virus that wearing a mask and sanitizing hands frequently has rendered me a lot better off.

For those who are not allergy-prone to the very bug they attenuate or extinguish, I think they are well-served to vaxx up. And allergy sufferers to shots should not be poxxed socially for choosing to mask up and isolate as much as possible to stay healthy.

That's why I think the Constitution that makes us free to choose should be held as a precious blessing of liberty even when it comes to vaxxing. It's unfortunate that diseases kill us. But vaccines also kill the minority of us who are allergic to vaccinations most people get a free pass on. My severe year was the worst of several years earlier of having a hard time on vaccination day, then weeks, and finally a year of being near death several times. Masks DO protect some of us, and even make our pollen/mold days livable along with appropriate hand sanitization.

Perhaps our greatest American. The epitome of the American Dream. Someone with the character and integrity to give back in huge ways, at tremendous personal sacrifice.

Generations of Americans made incredible sacrifices, and we’re going to throw fits about putting a mask over our mouth and nose?

By Arnold Schwarzenegger

Earlier this week, I delivered a simple message: There is a virus here. It kills people. The only way you can prevent it is to get vaccinated, wear masks, and do social distancing.

Some people are complaining, “Well, my freedom is being kind of disturbed here.” Well, I told them, “Screw your freedom.” You have the freedom to wear no mask. But if you exercise that freedom, you’re a schmuck—because you’re supposed to protect your fellow Americans.

I’ll admit, calling people schmucks and saying “Screw your freedom” was a little much, even if I stand by the sentiment. But there is nothing that I’m more passionate about than keeping America great, and it’s the only subject that can make me lose my temper.

I knew I’d be called a RINO, but that doesn’t bother me. Honestly, rhinos are beautiful, powerful animals, so I take that as a compliment. I anticipated being called a Nazi and a Communist. But I’ve got thick skin stretched over my metal endoskeleton, so I knew I could take it.

But some of the responses really worried me. Many people told me that the Constitution gives them rights, but not responsibilities. They feel no duty to protect their fellow citizens.

That’s when I realized we all need a civics lesson. I can’t help but wonder how much better off we’d be if Americans took a step back from politics and spent a minute thinking about how lucky we are to call this country home. Instead of tweeting, we could think about what we owe to the patriots who came before us and those who will follow us.

I am not an academic, but I can tell you that selfishness and dereliction of duty did not make this country great. The Constitution aimed to “promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity.” It’s right there in our founding document. We need to think beyond our selfish interests.

I am an immigrant. This country gave me everything. I often tell people not to call me self-made; I prefer to call myself American-made. My success would have been impossible without the principles of the United States and the generosity of Americans.

I could just keep making more money, but that would be selfish. I feel a responsibility to do everything I can to help this country remain great. That’s why I traveled to all 50 states as the chair of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports on my own dime, that’s why I accept every invitation to visit our troops, that’s why I’ve invested millions to create a nationwide after-school program, and that’s why I walked away from $30 million movie deals to serve as governor of California for no salary. And even after all that, I’ll be paying down the debt I owe America for the rest of my life.

It’s up to all of us to recognize that the great privilege we have of being Americans comes with the great responsibility to keep this country No. 1.

I often think about how many Americans sacrificed to make this country great. John Adams wrote that “it was the Duty of a good Citizen to sacrifice all to his Country.” Or, as the classic film Team America taught us: “Freedom isn’t free.”

MORE AT THE LINK
I wasn't aware that Swarzenegger had a medical degree....

Is he as knowledgeable about medicine as Baldwin is about gun safety?????

By Arnold Schwarzenegger

MORE AT THE LINK
Very few places here require a mask and the ones that do don't get my money.

It has kept me from getting Covid, or the flu, or even a cold. I've never gone a year, much less 20 months, without a cold.
your anecdotal assumption is the basis for the 'science' you're wishing to impart on the rest of us then?
:eusa_doh:
~S~

Very few places here require a mask and the ones that do don't get my money.
This just increases your chances of getting Covid, by congregating with other ignorants in places that do not require public responsibility.

There's a convenience store that for me is very convenient. I'd stop by almost daily for something. And I like that it's owned by a nice Indian family. It's a popular place for guys who are good with their hands, not so good with their heads; lawn care, construction, plumbers, etc. No one wears masks, they all act like there's no pandemic. I don't go there anymore. I suspect others feel the same way.

So if the masked/cautious and the unmasked/reckless are both self-segregating, the virus will sort things out.

your anecdotal assumption is the basis for the 'science' you're wishing to impart on the rest of us then?
:eusa_doh:
~S~
If the science didn't support masks people in Japan wouldn't have started wearing them 30 years ago. They were wearing them when I was there in the early 90s. :laugh:

This just increases your chances of getting Covid, by congregating with other ignorants in places that do not require public responsibility.

There's a convenience store that for me is very convenient. I'd stop by almost daily for something. And I like that it's owned by a nice Indian family. It's a popular place for guys who are good with their hands, not so good with their heads; lawn care, construction, plumbers, etc. No one wears masks, they all act like there's no pandemic. I don't go there anymore. I suspect others feel the same way.

So if the masked/cautious and the unmasked/reckless are both self-segregating, the virus will sort things out.
There is nowhere for the "masked" to hide here in KC lol

Pretty sure I already had it anyhow. Had a couple months where I was easily short of breath and quite lethargic. Tried to get a test for antibodies to confirm but there were none for sale anywhere. If that's what it was then I'm not worried in the least.
You do you and I'll do me

Science says panicked overuse of disposable masks harm the environment.
download (34).jpeg

images (34).jpeg

images (35).jpeg
download (35).jpeg

Forum List

Back