Donald Trump Major League Baseball Talent

I was supposed to be a pro baseball player,” Donald Trump wrote in 2004. “At the New York Military Academy, I was captain of the baseball team. I worked hard like everyone else, but I had good talent.”

That passage was written by Trump for a book called The Games Do Count: America’s Best and Brightest on the Power of Sports, compiled by Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade. It’s the earliest instance I could find of the president claiming to have been a standout player.

“I will never forget […] the first time I saw my name in the newspaper,” he continued. “It was when I got the winning home run in a game between our academy and Cornwall High School. It was in 1964 and it was in a little local paper. It simply said, TRUMP HOMERS TO WIN THE GAME. I just loved it and I will never forget it. It was better than actually hitting the home run.”

After combing the Evening News and the Cornwall Local, the only local newspapers to regularly cover NYMA sports, and doing an extensive search on Newspapers.com, I’ve been unable to find “TRUMP HOMERS TO WIN THE GAME” in any local paper, nor “TRUMP WINS GAME FOR NYMA,” a headline he’d mention to D’Antonio for his book The Truth About Trump.

Perhaps that’s because in 1964, NYMA didn’t play Cornwall High School, according to the schedule in its yearbook. They didn’t play in 1963, either.

Trump, who played first base, wrote that “being a pro was in the equation” until he attended a tryout with “another young kid named Willie McCovey.” Apparently, the sight of the future Hall of Famer in action convinced him to give up baseball for good.

As for Willie McCovey, he was eight years older than Trump. When Trump was a senior in high school, McCovey was in his fifth year in the major leagues and already an All-Star

After combing the Evening News and the Cornwall Local, the only local newspapers to regularly cover NYMA sports, and doing an extensive search on Newspapers.com, I’ve been unable to find “TRUMP HOMERS TO WIN THE GAME” in any local paper, nor “TRUMP WINS GAME FOR NYMA,” a headline he’d mention to D’Antonio for his book The Truth About Trump.

Perhaps that’s because in 1964, NYMA didn’t play Cornwall High School, according to the schedule in its yearbook. They didn’t play in 1963, either.
Did good ole Bone Spurs even make the team? I mean as a player not a water boy.

Trump, who played first base, wrote that “being a pro was in the equation” until he attended a tryout with “another young kid named Willie McCovey.” Apparently, the sight of the future Hall of Famer in action convinced him to give up baseball for good.

As for Willie McCovey, he was eight years older than Trump. When Trump was a senior in high school, McCovey was in his fifth year in the major leagues and already an All-Star
You can only guess why Fatso was on first base. He probably had Daddy pay for it. Trump only saw the position as #1. We all know why.

Donald Trump has often bragged about what a great baseball player he was in High School. Best Player in the state, scouted by major league teams

Obama said he was good at basketball.....but he proved that white men weren't the only motherfuckers that can't jump.

My school won the state championship 2 out of four year in high school and made it to the championship a third year and lost. Pretty successfull yet we would look up in the stands and only see our girlfreinds and mothers up there. Guess we just were not as important as the football team. Would not be suprised if winning home run did not make the paper where I lived. Of course old trumpy boy said he saw it. That alll being said you would likely have to go to microfilm to find it. Not likely searchable on a computer.

Donald Trump has often bragged about what a great baseball player he was in High School. Best Player in the state, scouted by major league teams

Obama said he was good at basketball.....but he proved that white men weren't the only motherfuckers that can't jump.

Trump's lies are starting to sound more like Little Kim everyday. They both lie about how good they were in sports. They both lie about how good they are at golf. Won't be long before Trump starts claiming that he doesn't have a butt hole because he doesn't need it.

Trump's lies are starting to sound more like Little Kim everyday. They both lie about how good they were in sports. They both lie about how good they are at golf. Won't be long before Trump starts claiming that he doesn't have a butt hole because he doesn't need it.
Yet you have supported one liar after another.....the latest is Creepy Joe Biden.
So your protestations are totally bogus and you are a total hypocrite.

Yet you have supported one liar after another.....the latest is Creepy Joe Biden.

Nobody lies like Trump does. Nobody else could even come close if they tried. Everybody knows that.

Nobody lies like Trump does. Nobody else could even come close if they tried. Everybody knows that.

Yeah.....right.....keep telling yourself that silly shit.

95912192_3118684134858758_5621490618501955584_n.jpg

View attachment 332566

I don't have to keep telling myself that. Trump proves it again every day.

View attachment 332566

Trump has warned you about the men and women that have power over us. You do not pay attention due to your personal hatred for the man. This issue we are going through today was supposed to be handled easily by the Prog blue states due to their everyday verbal Prog demonizing of others and superiority for decades. All of those taxes and they are woefully short of what is needed to counteract this pandemic. That means there is massive corruption. And investigations into that ar needed. But those guilty will not be prosecuted because the corruption is structural based on unions, government employees, gender and race also.

View attachment 332566

Trump has warned you about the men and women that have power over us. You do not pay attention due to your personal hatred for the man. This issue we are going through today was supposed to be handled easily by the Prog blue states due to their everyday verbal Prog demonizing of others and superiority for decades. All of those taxes and they are woefully short of what is needed to counteract this pandemic. That means there is massive corruption. And investigations into that ar needed. But those guilty will not be prosecuted because the corruption is structural based on unions, government employees, gender and race also.

Damn. You'really ate up with the dumb ass, aren't you?

I heard him say he could have played Major League Baseball,” says Keith Vanderlip, a pitcher a year ahead of Trump. “But he wasn’t that good.”

I grew up about 8 miles from NYMA. My HS never played them in any sport, not even practice games. My school was no powerhouse but NYMA was too small to play against. Their teams were like intramural sports. They played against other small private schools.

Trump being a “stud” on that team was no accomplishment. No way he could call himself the best Baseball player in the state. The teams from NYC and Long Island had the best teams by far

Forum List

Back