Donald Trump Libertarian Speech Tomorrow

Wow, Trump has got this election won for sure as it's definitely going to be too big to rig. He's winning over libertarians and democrats, the only party left is the independents I do believe.

It would be interesting to hear whether the left would prefer either Trump or a Penthouse magazine executive as president if those were the only two choices. My bad though, the left obviously prefer pedo Joe.

Because Trump is nothing close to being a libertarian

So what? Now just get lost as I do much better on here when I don't have to deal with you. Unless you have matured since we last spoke and you want to talk to me like an adult, but I highly doubt that.

Wow, Trump has got this election won for sure as it's definitely going to be too big to rig. He's winning over libertarians and democrats, the only party left is the independents I do believe.

Just because he's talking AT them, doesn't mean they're listening or accepting.

"Sure seems like they love Trump to me."
---------------------------------------------------------------

Liibertarians love Trump?

I'm not so sure.
Now, I did not attend this Libertarian convention, but do believe reports that describe a rather hostile reception (despite Trump supporters getting into the hall first and grabbing the first several front row seats....until asked to vacate for legitimate Libertarians.)

Here's one report this morning:

"Trump loudly heckled at Libertarian National Convention"

"Former president Donald Trump encountered an unusually tough crowd at the Libertarian National Convention on Saturday night as the audience loudly booed him and used noisemakers to drown out his speech.

The raucous event for the former president marked a sharp departure from the typical celebratory atmosphere at such Trump campaign gatherings, normally full of thousands of supporters who travel from other states to see the former president while laughing and clapping to their favorite, often biting punchlines. Trump is said to derive energy from these trademark rallies and reacts to any disruption by threatening to have that person or people removed.

Tensions were high in the room ahead of Trump’s speech as libertarian delegates entered to discover that Trump supporters were already seated in the front rows where they had planned to sit. Organizers pleaded with Trump fans to move in order to allow delegates who paid to travel to their convention to sit.
In the midst of Trump’s address, a fistfight broke out between a Trump supporter and libertarian activist....."

judges.gif

Trump Made A Lot Of Promises To Libertarians—But Was Ruled Ineligible For Their Nomination​

Forbes Staff, May 26, 2024

Former President Donald Trump won't be among the pool of candidates for the Libertarian presidential nomination because he never submitted the paperwork necessary to qualify, CNN first reported Sunday, news that comes one day after the Republican nominee was met with boos and heckling during a half-hour speech at the party’s national convention.

Trump...was met with raucous booing and heckling from a crowd that called him a "liar," "panderer" and "wannabe dictator.”

Chase Oliver called Trump "a war criminal" and Michael Rectenwald said Libertarians were not "at risk for falling for Trump’s bulls–t."...

--------------

I am glad to see that the Libertarians treated that pompous bounder with the contempt he deserved. :D

Libertarianism only makes sense for those who believe that they can earn a good living with no help from the government.

A sizable constituency for Trump have always been white blue collar workers who have been left behind by economic changes since the election of Ronald Reagan.

factoryjobs 2.jpg

They want their factory jobs back.

During the 1950's it was possible for a white man with only a high school degree to buy a house in the suburbs, a car, and support a wife who did not need to work, and who could stay home to raise the children.

When a sizable percentage of Trump's constituency responds favorably to Trump's slogan, "Make America Great Again," that is the "again" they are thinking about.

The way of life they are nostalgic for will not return through "lower taxes, less government." It can only be restored by a large, powerful, expensive government that intervenes economically on their behalf. This government will need to be paid for with high taxes on the rich, as it was during the 1950's.

Among other things, it require a high minimum wage, strong labor unions, and high tariffs. Each of these are anathema to libertarianism.

Trump Made A Lot Of Promises To Libertarians—But Was Ruled Ineligible For Their Nomination

Last edited:
---------------------------------------------------------------

Liibertarians love Trump?

I'm not so sure.
Now, I did not attend this Libertarian convention, but do believe reports that describe a rather hostile reception (despite Trump supporters getting into the hall first and grabbing the first several front row seats....until asked to vacate for legitimate Libertarians.)

Here's one report this morning:

"Trump loudly heckled at Libertarian National Convention"

"Former president Donald Trump encountered an unusually tough crowd at the Libertarian National Convention on Saturday night as the audience loudly booed him and used noisemakers to drown out his speech.

The raucous event for the former president marked a sharp departure from the typical celebratory atmosphere at such Trump campaign gatherings, normally full of thousands of supporters who travel from other states to see the former president while laughing and clapping to their favorite, often biting punchlines. Trump is said to derive energy from these trademark rallies and reacts to any disruption by threatening to have that person or people removed.

Tensions were high in the room ahead of Trump’s speech as libertarian delegates entered to discover that Trump supporters were already seated in the front rows where they had planned to sit. Organizers pleaded with Trump fans to move in order to allow delegates who paid to travel to their convention to sit.
In the midst of Trump’s address, a fistfight broke out between a Trump supporter and libertarian activist....."

There were also cheers and I do believe that they were mostly booing about what he was saying that our country is like right now, not because of him.

According to his dismal insulting speech and the boos when he spoke at the convention yesterday.

Look up to how I responded to the quote above.

Someone in the audience said he should have taken a bullet. But according to RR they love him.

When? Put a time stamp on it.

Looks like Trump won some of them over. I doubt you listened to it. It was a great speech.

Crowd roars start at 6:44.

8:20.... We believe that the job of the US military is not to conduct endless regime changes around the globe [crowd roars].

8:50..... We believe that the greatest threat to our country is from within, from the tyrants, communists, fascists, and thugs attacking our liberties from within [crowd roars]....

And on and on.

Did you hear where the crowd chanted "Make America Great Again?"

Ya gotta admit Trump has incredible guts doing this.

Trump sees support everywhere now since your guy is a such a failure. Rally in the Bronx? Speech at another party's convention? Where will he stop?

Biden went to West Point and had to ask them to clap.

You guys are so doomed. MAGA.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back