RFK accepts Libertarian nomination...but...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...he was eliminated in the first round with only 2% of the vote.

Comment: Not exactly what he suspected when he accepted the nomination I suspect. Guess the Libertarians are too into him.

Story...

"Finally, party chair Angela McArdle, standing at the podium, called Kennedy to ask him.

She stepped away from the microphone to speak with him but could be heard saying to him: 'I'm at the podium and need to ask you if you accept the nomination.'

She then came back the microphone to inform the delegates: 'He's going to get back to us.'

Kennedy ultimately accepted the nomination."

<Snip>

"His candidacy was short-lived, however. He was eliminated from contention several hours later, after the first round of voting, having receiving support from 19 delegates, just 2.07% of the vote."

Pink haired people explaining Article 14 right now...

Screenshot_20240526-184301-304.png

After watching for about an hour, I see why the Libertarians never get anywhere.

It's like herding cats.
It really is.....Not necessarily a bad thing if they had a coherent message around which to organize themselves...Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case since Harry Browne passed.

I've believed that binding NOTA should be an option on every ballot, since the late 1990s.
That's effectively what a write-in vote is. People just don't have the backbone, nor the integrity, to actually do it. Instead they vote for weevils.

No, it's not.

Binding NOTA means that you reject all the candidates and try again, which would very likely attract more participants than doing a write-in.
The point is that either choice requires voters to have some integrity and reject lesser-of-two-evils fear mongering.

Forum List

Back