RFK accepts Libertarian nomination...but...

Can’t vote for drag queen story hour, won’t vote for Trump, Kennedy, or Stein, and I wouldn’t piss on Bidet or Harris if they were on fire and no other water was available. Doesn’t really matter as I live in the reddest part of Texas so the election is a foregone conclusion here.
1716814849286.png

...he was eliminated in the first round with only 2% of the vote.

Comment: Not exactly what he suspected when he accepted the nomination I suspect. Guess the Libertarians are too into him.

Story...

"Finally, party chair Angela McArdle, standing at the podium, called Kennedy to ask him.

She stepped away from the microphone to speak with him but could be heard saying to him: 'I'm at the podium and need to ask you if you accept the nomination.'

She then came back the microphone to inform the delegates: 'He's going to get back to us.'

Kennedy ultimately accepted the nomination."

<Snip>

"His candidacy was short-lived, however. He was eliminated from contention several hours later, after the first round of voting, having receiving support from 19 delegates, just 2.07% of the vote."

He did better than tRump. He got 6 votes.

Can’t vote for drag queen story hour, won’t vote for Trump, Kennedy, or Stein, and I wouldn’t piss on Bidet or Harris if they were on fire and no other water was available. Doesn’t really matter as I live in the reddest part of Texas so the election is a foregone conclusion here.
View attachment 952722
I'm not sure Texas is a forgone conclusion.

Cruz only beat Beto by 2.6%.

Screenshot_20240523-152523-454.png

His biggest supporters don’t really like him much, but the opposition is always something much worse.
A tale as old as time. Or as old as our Constitution, anyways. This is the number one problem with US politics, in my view. Democracy. We're doing it wrong.

And this is why the Libertarian Party will forever remain irrelevant and fringe. They have no common sense. If they had any brains, they would have made RFK Jr. their nominee. He agrees with them on several key issues, but that's not good enough for them. With them, you either agree with them on least 90% of the issues, or you're an enemy to liberty, a sellout, a big government advocate, etc., etc., etc.

With RFK Jr. as their nominee, this would have been a win-win. RFK Jr. would have gained instant ballot access in all 50 states and the Libertarian Party would have finally made itself relevant on the national level.

And this is why the Libertarian Party will forever remain irrelevant and fringe. They have no common sense. If they had any brains, they would have made RFK Jr. their nominee.
If they were willing to bail on principle altogether. But I don't think they'll get far with that approach. The Ds and Rs have already cornered the market on unprincipled hypocrisy. Libertarians will never catch up.

The bottom line is, third parties will remain a joke until voters rediscover their backbones and stop voting for shit. As long as that's the way we play the game, why would anyone decent bother running?

Forum List

Back