Donald Trump + covid-19 versus the truth ... timeline

Obama was a good man a smart man not garbage like the man there now, the bully the pervert the one seeking revenge on all his supposed enemies
Again, your opinion is noted. That still doesn't answer the question I asked. What qualified him to be POTUS?
Outside of being involved in gov't for years I guess no more than most BUT Trumps history should have been a tell

Obama rarely showed he was unqualified Trump shows it every time he opens his mouth and with everything he does
Obama was qualified through what efforts? Community organizing? That was not his skills it was someone else's in which he filled a role. His entire tenure was above his pay grade- he's no more a scholar than I am- he was and is a puppet, just like all his predecessors back to at least 1913 and all his successors going forward unless things change- "things" being people (voters) get tired of the bullshit of doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, which has been used as a definition of crazy- you're a tool or an enemy to the political class and history being prelude to the future is pretty accurate in it's telling of what the prelude will be-

You may *feel* as though you're on the right, or correct side, but when you side with the political class over voters you're just a tool for them to use in their campaign to insure (monetarily) and to ensure (legislatively or by force) that you will not be counted as one of them when the nut cutting starts- and it will start, maybe sooner rather than later-
You fail to give the man in the WH credit for a recovery ?? That's your first mistake but what of his ability to place good people into his administration without firing them daily ??
Obama was a good man a smart man not garbage like the man there now, the bully the pervert the one seeking revenge on all his supposed enemies

Obama was the worst president in US history, and the least qualified. He was elected solely because he is half black but claims to be 100% black. A skin color election and what exactly do you claim that proves? He put Holder and Lynch in the AG position, two of the most corrupt humans ever to sit in that office, he sent crooked hillary around the world as SecState to make corrupt deals with our enemies, he sent pallets of cash to the Iranian mullahs to use to fund terrorist attacks on the USA and our allies (and he did that without congressional approval or funding).

But we get it, he is your all time hero because you are a fricken idiot.

The truth is the truth.
The WHOLE truth is the WHOLE truth.

You are making a conscious decision: You are CHOOSING to only "see" the positive actions Trump is taking, and CHOOSING to only "see" any good outcomes from those actions.

You are also CHOOSING to ignore, avoid, dismiss and downplay the things he has said and done that have been negative or counter-productive in some way.

That's your choice. I can see both ends of it, loud and clear, and I wish you could too.

I know that's how the partisan game is played, and I hate to see such intellectual honesty at any time, but especially at this moment. And I don't have to participate.
What you see as counter-productive...I see as necessary. Panic was the number one enemy early on. We saw the beginnings of it early on. On day one back in late February, the wife and I were already stocking up, I told her "The virus doesn't scare me Babe...I have a 95% chance of surviving it, and those are great odds. It's the panic we have to worry about.".

Trump navigated the initial days of the outbreak masterfully...and there was very little mass panic. The outbreak itself could only ever be mitigated...it couldn't be stopped. I know the truth was out there, because I had my wife and my parents completely quarantined before the virus spread. Neither household has left their respective yards since before my Dad's birthday...and that was March 9th...I know because he likes to go to Golden Corral but my Mother made him Shepards Pie instead.

I'm still working. I haven't been inside my house or kissed my wife, or been within six feet of her in a month...so I know the truth must have been out there, because I think I would remembered a burning bush scenario.
What you choose to see is up to you.

That cuts both ways. What you choose to see is up to you as we'll.

One of the guys I watch on YouTube says we are watching the same screen but seeing two different movies.
I see the good and the not-so-good, whether it's Trump or Obama or any other President or politician.

So far, I see zero indication that you can do the same. All I see is you obediently defending pretty much everything Trump has done.

Again, your opinion is noted. That still doesn't answer the question I asked. What qualified him to be POTUS?
Outside of being involved in gov't for years I guess no more than most BUT Trumps history should have been a tell

yeah, being successful is a terrible reason to elect a president , can you please list obama's successes before you put him in office?

You talking Bush?
Bush wasn't anointed. I'm talking about that great leader, Barak Hussein Obama- did you ask the same of him?

You said you weren't what?

Obama did not show such a massive failure of leadership when confronted with a pandemic.

Now stop repeating that racist bullshit about Obama.

Outside of being involved in gov't for years I guess no more than most
Years in gov't- LOL- being a non attending member of the senate for a couple of years is considered being involved? Personally, I'd rather see more non-career politicians in gov't. - I think voters should vote against ALL incumbents- grid lock is a good thing for voters. I means, by default, fewer fed gov't interventions in private lives which I swear I can't find that authority granted in the constitution- anywhere. Maybe an erudite who feels it's an esoteric venture can point it out to me, a stinky tourist.

The truth is the truth.

You are making a conscious decision: You are CHOOSING to only "see" the positive actions Trump is taking, and CHOOSING to only "see" any good outcomes from those actions.

You are also CHOOSING to ignore, avoid, dismiss and downplay the things he has said and done that have been negative or counter-productive in some way.

That's your choice. I can see both ends of it, loud and clear, and I wish you could too.

I know that's how the partisan game is played, and I hate to see such intellectual honesty at any time, but especially at this moment. And I don't have to participate.
What you see as counter-productive...I see as necessary. Panic was the number one enemy early on. We saw the beginnings of it early on. On day one back in late February, the wife and I were already stocking up, I told her "The virus doesn't scare me Babe...I have a 95% chance of surviving it, and those are great odds. It's the panic we have to worry about.".

Trump navigated the initial days of the outbreak masterfully...and there was very little mass panic. The outbreak itself could only ever be mitigated...it couldn't be stopped. I know the truth was out there, because I had my wife and my parents completely quarantined before the virus spread. Neither household has left their respective yards since before my Dad's birthday...and that was March 9th...I know because he likes to go to Golden Corral but my Mother made him Shepards Pie instead.

I'm still working. I haven't been inside my house or kissed my wife, or been within six feet of her in a month...so I know the truth must have been out there, because I think I would remembered a burning bush scenario.

One of the guys I watch on YouTube says we are watching the same screen but seeing two different movies.
I see the good and the not-so-good, whether it's Trump or Obama or any other President or politician.

So far, I see zero indication that you can do the same. All I see is you obediently defending pretty much everything Trump has done.

and those like you obediently attacking everything he has done. What exactly is the difference?

You said you weren't what?

Obama did not show such a massive failure of leadership when confronted with a pandemic.

Now stop repeating that racist bullshit about Obama.
Your opinion is noted- and probably well documented- but it is just that. Facts and evidence are much better at determining a conclusion.

yeah, being successful is a terrible reason to elect a president , can you please list obama's successes before you put him in office?
trump was not sucessful before he became president. Obama was Graduated Magnum Cum Laude at Harvard Law. Was a sucessful community organizer, was a state senator and was a US Senator before he became president. He was not an inheritance baby who blew 900 million dollars in one year,10 billion in one decade, and filed a record number of bankruptcies.

Some serous cases of TDS today! It's not Trump's fault Nancy Pelosi, de Blasio and Cuomo encouraged people to party and get together at the start of this.

The truth is the truth.

and those like you obediently attacking everything he has done. What exactly is the difference?
Trump has broken laws and he is being justifiably held to account. His polices have failed, he is being held to account for those things. He has been nasty and rude to everyone who has actually questioned him, so he is being attacked for that. You guys defend him when it is shown he is wrong. You lie for what he says when he is recorded to have said it. That's the difference. No matter how proven wrong trump is, you guys defend him, lie for him, then here comes the whatabout Obama shit.

In this situation he is failing the country, he is not doing a good job and as long as he knows people will lie for him, he will continue to lollygag on this causing unnecessary sickness and death. If he knew his base was pissed at him, he'd straighten the fuck up and do what is necessary.

The truth is the truth.

I can only be honest with you in my judgement and assessment. Let's see if you can do the same.

Is Joe Biden currently capable of handling this crisis?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

The truth is the truth.

You haven't even bothered to ask what I think of what he has done. I just finished saying -- and you just quoted me -- that I can see the good and not-so-good. You just quoted me. It's right there, on your screen.

You're dishonest. You don't even think to ask. Your ideology has robbed you of any fundamental curiosity you may have had. This is why I no longer put much effort into trying to communicate with people like you.

The truth is the truth.

I can only be honest with you in my judgement and assessment. Let's see if you can do the same.

I doubt it. It's clear to me that he is in cognitive decline.

Anything else?

See, I get to be honest at all times. I'm not bound to an ideology.

Here is a timeline of the various ways the president has described the virus since January, along with how many cases were reported in the U.S., according to Johns Hopkins data.

Jan. 20:
Jan. 22: 1 case confirmed in U.S.
"We do have a plan"

• "We do have a plan and we think it's gonna be handled very well, we've already handled it very well. — President Trump to CBS News White House correspondent Paula Reid in Davos, Switzerland.
Jan. 22: 1 case confirmed in U.S.
"We have it under control"

Jan. 24: 2 cases confirmed in U.S.
Appreciates China's "efforts and transparency"

• President Trump issues his first tweet on coronavirus. "China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!"
Jan. 29: 5 cases confirmed in U.S.
U.S. experts "are on top of situation 24/7"

• "Just received a briefing on the Coronavirus in China from all of our GREAT agencies, who are also working closely with China. We will continue to monitor the ongoing developments. We have the best experts anywhere in the world, and they are on top of it 24/7!" the president tweeted.
Jan. 30: 7 cases confirmed in U.S.
U.S. has a "very little problem" with five cases

• On this day, the World Health Organization declares coronavirus a public-health emergency. "We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we're working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it's going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you," Mr. Trump said at a speech at a Michigan manufacturing plant.
Jan. 31: 8 cases confirmed in U.S.
President Trump bars many travelers from China, and U.S. declares a public health emergency.

Feb. 5: 11 cases confirmed in U.S.
President Trump is acquitted after impeachment trial in the Senate.

Feb. 7: 11 confirmed cases in U.S.
With warmer weather "virus hopefully becomes weaker with warmer weather, and then gone"

• "Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus. He feels they are doing very well, even building hospitals in a matter of only days. Nothing is easy, but......he will be successful, especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone. Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help!" the president tweeted.
Feb. 10: 12 confirmed cases in U.S.
Xi "feels...the heat, generally speaking, kills this kind of virus"

• "I had a long talk with President Xi — for the people in this room — two nights ago, and he feels very confident. He feels very confident. And he feels that, again, as I mentioned, by April or during the month of April, the heat, generally speaking, kills this kind of virus," the president said during a White House meeting with governors.
Feb. 23: 51 confirmed cases in U.S.
Situation is "very much under control"

Feb. 24: 51 confirmed cases in U.S.
"The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA"

• "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!" the president tweeted.
Feb. 25: 57 confirmed cases in U.S.
Coronavirus is "very well under control in our country"

• "You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are - in all cases, I have not heard anything other," the president said during a press conference on his trip to India.
Feb. 26: 58 confirmed cases in U.S.
The 15 cases in U.S. "within a couple days is going to be down close to zero"

• "I want you to understand something that shocked me when I saw it that — and I spoke with Dr. Fauci on this, and I was really amazed, and I think most people are amazed to hear it: The flu, in our country, kills from 25,000 people to 69,000 people a year. That was shocking to me. And, so far, if you look at what we have with the 15 people and their recovery, one is — one is pretty sick but hopefully will recover, but the others are in great shape. But think of that: 25,000 to 69,000. ... "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done," the president said during a Coronavirus Task Force Press briefing at the White House.
Feb. 27: 60 confirmed cases in U.S.
Virus will "disappear" one day "like a miracle"

Feb. 29: 74 confirmed cases in U.S.
"Everything is really under control"

• "And we've done a great job. And I've gotten to know these professionals. They're incredible. And everything is under control. I mean, they're very, very cool. They've done it, and they've done it well. Everything is really under control." — Conservative Political Action Conference in Maryland. One attendee from that event later tested positive, and lawmakers who attended went under self-quarantine.
Feb. 29: 74 confirmed cases in U.S.
First coronavirus death in the U.S. on this day

• "We've taken the most aggressive actions to confront the coronavirus. They are the most aggressive taken by any country and we're the number one travel destination anywhere in the world, yet we have far fewer cases of the disease then even countries with much less travel or a much smaller population." —White House Coronavirus Task Force briefing
March 4: 217 confirmed cases in U.S.
It's "very safe to fly" in "large portions of the world"

• "Yeah, I think where these people are flying, it's safe to fly. And large portions of the world are very safe to fly. So we don't want to say anything other than that. And we have closed down certain sections of the world, frankly, and they've sort of automatically closed them also. They'll understand that and they understand it better, perhaps, than anybody. Yes, it's safe." — White House meeting with airline executives.
March 6: 402 confirmed cases in U.S.

trump was not sucessful before he became president. Obama was Graduated Magnum Cum Laude at Harvard Law. Was a sucessful community organizer, was a state senator and was a US Senator before he became president. He was not an inheritance baby who blew 900 million dollars in one year,10 billion in one decade, and filed a record number of bankruptcies.
LOL- and? How does that make him any more qualified? Do you know who else went to Harvard?

Here, educate your self- it'll take a few minutes of your valuable time but it's an eye opener and worth the time

The truth is the truth.

Anything else?

But you said the other day you would vote for him.

Does that sound logical or unbiased?

The truth is the truth.

Anything else?

But you said the other day you would vote for him.

Does that sound logical or unbiased?
Yes, I would vote for him if I were convinced his veep pick were not a Regressive Lefty.

Yes, it is logical, because the alternative is even more repugnant to me.

I am not unbiased. I'm honest.

We're very different. I'm fine with that.

Forum List

Back