Donald is facing a very bad 2023.

Still no link

“I don't think it's wise we're inviting people to come on to our school campuses that would otherwise not have any business there,” Isaac said. “So, I believe that we should do anything and everything possible just to make sure that our campuses are as safe as possible.”

However, college students argue the bill, if signed into law, would disenfranchise them. Texas State University junior Adriana Montoya said she doesn't buy the argument that this is about safety.

“This has nothing to do with school safety,” she said. “This has to do with suppressing student voters.”

Montoya, who is the president of her campus' College Democrats group, said she feels it is hypocritical for a member of the Republican Party to argue that banning polling places will keep college students safe after the same party pushed a campus carry bill through the Texas Legislature in 2015.

“It seems that they're okay with guns on campuses, but polling sites is where they draw the line,” she said.

Burd said that college students often feel safest voting on campus because they’re familiar with it and comfortable there.

“There are also a lot of young people who are queer or who have disabilities or who have mental health issues, and the polling location is a safe place on campus,” she said. “Many of these people don't necessarily feel safe going out into San Marcos but campus is a place of relative safety.”

Montoya and Burd both said they think Isaac’s legislation would make it harder for students to participate in elections. Many do not have access to cars and already struggle to find the time between classes to cast a ballot, they said. Montoya added that making students figure out how to get off campus to vote creates an unnecessary barrier.

“You shouldn't have to figure out democracy. You should not have to figure out how to participate in your government,” she said. “It should be easy and accessible to you.”

A Texas Republican says banning college polling places is about safety. Students don’t buy it.​

But I bet you buy it right?
I could give two shits. I will only ask what difference if the voting poll is on campus or not?

Do you even know you're insane?

Trump: 39.4
Biden: 42.6

Let's ask Trump's lawyer what he thinks. Is Trump having a good day or bad day?

Trump Lawyer Admits His Client's Threatening Baseball Bat Post Was A Bad Call​

"Would you advise a client to personally attack a prosecutor like this?" Chuck Todd asked Trump attorney Joe Tacopina.

An attorney for Donald Trump acquiesced that a threatening image the former president posted on social media last week targeting Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg was “ill-advised.”

Tacopina admitted it was a mistake, but tried to pass the buck from Trump.
“I’m not his social media consultant,” Tacopina said. “I think that was an ill-advised post that one of his social media people put up, and he quickly took down when he realized the rhetoric and the photo that was attached to it.”

In light of the events of Jan. 6, 2021, Todd added, “It’s not like a possibility that Trump’s rhetoric creates violence. It’s already happened once.”

“I’m not accepting that proposition that his rhetoric created violence,” Tacopina said. “I think violence was already on the way that day.”

BULLSHIT

As many legal experts pointed out over the weekend, threatening a prosecutor is a crime in New York.

Potential charges in Bragg’s case could be linked to the filing of fraudulent business records and campaign finance violations in connection to the $130,000 payment to Daniels in the final days of the 2016 election.

Why do we have voting on campus?

Now is when I ask you a few questions so you can answer your own questions.

Hint. Each of these students at any university in America has a home. Why don't we just make them go home and vote on November 6th?

Why do we have voting on campus?

Now is when I ask you a few questions so you can answer your own questions.

Hint. Each of these students at any university in America has a home. Why don't we just make them go home and vote on November 6th?
What is wrong with absentee ballots?

Well, they are arguing disenfranchised? How can that be?

If they passed a law saying from now on, to vote, you have to drive to your state capitol. No more voting in your city. Anyone who wants to vote has to drive to the capital.

I see what you are saying. The classic definition of "disenfranchise" is to deprive the right. This isn't disenfranchising students. It's just making it harder for them to vote.

If they passed a law saying from now on, to vote, you have to drive to your state capitol. No more voting in your city. Anyone who wants to vote has to drive to the capital.

I see what you are saying. The classic definition of "disenfranchise" is to deprive the right. This isn't disenfranchising students. It's just making it harder for them to vote.
Dude, we just agreed they can vote absentee ballot!

Why would only students have to?

425bacad3dc2794b.jpg

Dude, we just agreed they can vote absentee ballot!

Why would only students have to?

If they passed a law saying from now on, to vote, you have to drive to your state capitol, would you be happy with that?

No more voting in your city. Anyone who wants to vote has to drive to the capital. Would you be okay with that?

Don't ask another question. Answer my question.

Property prices soared, how is that relevant to the fed? That’s all local
I define inflation per the monetarists definition (Milton Friedman, Friedrich Hayek, et al) which defines inflation is a monetary phenomenon caused by the Federal Reserve increasing the money supply faster the GDP's ability to absorb the dollars, resulting in a condition where there are too many dollars chasing too few goods/services, and thus.....

Rising real estate prices are affect by two reasons,

1 inflation (per the above definition, which is true inflation)
2. Demand exceeding supply (which is a general economic principle, but unlike manufactured goods which can be resupplied, real estate insofar as the land part of a given purchase, cannot, and thus real estate prices rise because of growing demand against a fixed supply, though the supply will increase with the addition of developed land, but eventually those supply sources will dry up in various regions which are desirable, and the prices in those regions will disproportionally rise compared to less desirable reasons)

So, #1 is fed caused, and #2, is local. Demand caused inflation, per the monetarist's view, is not true inflation, just as the temporal up and down waves in a swimming pool is not a rising water level. It is only when someone floods the pool with more water than is being drained will the averaged water level rise.

Thus it is the rising water level, not the temporal up and downs of the waves, which is inflation. In this analogy, the rising water level is liked to the FR increasing the money supply, and the temporal up and down waves are the demand's effects on rising prices.

Therefore, a price rise, per se, isn't necessarily inflation, though your average person at the pump or store purchase, of course, will not understand this, nor probably care.

Any price rise in any market may or may not be combinations of the above, or merely just one, or the other. Before the recent high inflation, caused primarily but the Fed's quantitative easing to finance both Trump's and Biden's stimulus packages, other factors contributing to the higher prices were demand relations, such as supply chain disruptions and the war in Ukraine choking petroleum supplies.

Last edited:
I define inflation per the monetarists definition (Milton Friedman, Friedrich Hayek, et al) which defines inflation is a monetary phenomenon caused by the Federal Reserve increasing the money supply faster the GDP's ability to absorb the dollars, resulting in a condition where there are too many dollars chasing too few goods/services, and thus.....

Rising real estate prices are affect by two reasons,

1 inflation (per the above definition, which is true inflation)
2. Demand exceeding supply (which is a general economic principle, but unlike manufactured goods which can be resupplied, real estate insofar as the land part of a given purchase, cannot, and thus real estate prices rise because of growing demand against a fixed supply, though the supply will increase with the addition of developed land, but eventually those supply sources will dry up in various regions which are desirable, and the prices in those regions will disproportionally rise compared to less desirable reasons)

So, #1 is fed caused, and #2, is local. Demand caused inflation, per the monetarist's view, is not true inflation, just as the temporal up and down waves in a swimming pool is not a rising water level. It is only when someone floods the pool with more water than is being drained will the averaged water level rise.

Thus it is the rising water level, not the temporal up and downs of the waves, which is inflation. In this analogy, the rising water level is liked to the FR increasing the money supply, and the temporal up and down waves are the demand's effects on rising prices.

Therefore, a price rise, per se, isn't necessarily inflation, though your average person at the pump or store purchase, of course, will not understand this, nor probably care.

Any price rise in any market may or may not be combinations of the above, or merely just one, or the other. Before the recent high inflation, caused primarily but the Fed's quantitative easing to finance both Trump's and Biden's stimulus packages, other factors contributing to the higher prices were demand relations, such as supply chain disruptions and the war in Ukraine choking petroleum supplies.
I heard something very interesting yesterday on NPR about the bank collapses. How they are tied to commercial real estate? Companies aren't renting out buildings to run brick and mortar business' anymore so the commercial real estate isn't worth what the developer paid for it?

This link is actually old but it all ties in with SVB going bankrupt. They gave a lot of loans to commercial real estate that isn't worth what they paid and landlords are foreclosing?

For example, let's say you had a dress shoe store. No one dresses up anymore. Most of us don't go to the office anymore. So no one is buying dress shoes. Not like we were before covid. And I'm sure less people are starting new business' and renting space in a commercial business complex. A lot of small business' went out of business because of covid. Many of them retired or went back to work for someone else. So commercial real estate is taking a hit.

The funny thing is, I have always said they rip their tenants off. My buddy owned a small business in a strip mall. Every month he worked 3 weeks to pay his bills. The final 1 or 2 weeks in the month were his profits. And rent was a big expense. So, the cost of renting space in a strip mall needs to go down. That means the property isn't worth as much as it once was. Sorry real estate guys. Your boom is over. Time to lower those rents. Then the small business' will do better and more new business' will start up because the rent isn't so high they can afford it now, maybe. Coming soon. We shall see.

I heard something very interesting yesterday on NPR about the bank collapses. How they are tied to commercial real estate? Companies aren't renting out buildings to run brick and mortar business' anymore so the commercial real estate isn't worth what the developer paid for it?

This link is actually old but it all ties in with SVB going bankrupt. They gave a lot of loans to commercial real estate that isn't worth what they paid and landlords are foreclosing?

For example, let's say you had a dress shoe store. No one dresses up anymore. Most of us don't go to the office anymore. So no one is buying dress shoes. Not like we were before covid. And I'm sure less people are starting new business' and renting space in a commercial business complex. A lot of small business' went out of business because of covid. Many of them retired or went back to work for someone else. So commercial real estate is taking a hit.

The funny thing is, I have always said they rip their tenants off. My buddy owned a small business in a strip mall. Every month he worked 3 weeks to pay his bills. The final 1 or 2 weeks in the month were his profits. And rent was a big expense. So, the cost of renting space in a strip mall needs to go down. That means the property isn't worth as much as it once was. Sorry real estate guys. Your boom is over. Time to lower those rents. Then the small business' will do better and more new business' will start up because the rent isn't so high they can afford it now, maybe. Coming soon. We shall see.

Good points, and we should all pay very close attention to what is going on in banking, while not overreacting prematurely.

Forum List

Back