Donald begs: Not so fast! Asks SCOTUS to help him drag things out. Has he lost faith in his friendly appointments?

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
Doesn't really make much sense to me. If he really believes in his immunity claim then why would he be afraid of SCOTUS getting to that conclusion sooner rather than later?

Trump’s attorneys in a new filing objected to a request by Department of Justice special counsel Jack Smith that the Supreme Court fast track that question, accusing the prosecutor of doing so to harm Trump politically and to help President Joe Biden’s reelection chances.

The former president instead wants the federal appeals court in Washington, D.C., to hear his appeal of a trial court judge’s ruling that he does not have immunity.

Trump urges Supreme Court to let lower court hear immunity appeal first

Doesn't really make much sense to me. If he really believes in his immunity claim then why would he be afraid of SCOTUS getting to that conclusion sooner rather than later?

Trump’s attorneys in a new filing objected to a request by Department of Justice special counsel Jack Smith that the Supreme Court fast track that question, accusing the prosecutor of doing so to harm Trump politically and to help President Joe Biden’s reelection chances.

The former president instead wants the federal appeals court in Washington, D.C., to hear his appeal of a trial court judge’s ruling that he does not have immunity.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

"dragging things out (as distinct from dating rudy in drag) is the defense strategy. another year and he can pardon himself and any lawyer who waives his legal fees.

He is trying to save a sinking ship. I can't wait till more states besides Colorado kick him off the ballot.

Why rush the trial?

Forum List

Back