DOJ: Trump tax documents must go to Congress

Why?

I would love to see Witch Nancy's tax returns to see how much money the filthy bitch made influencing her husband's business.

How about the Biden family?

Yep, Bill Barr may be in trouble for burying this one for two years. There is nothing ambiguous about "SHALL PROVIDE" -

Cool part about this is that House Ways and Means gets to take a vote on whether it is in the compelling public interest to release portions.

Wouldn't that be fun? :D
Try agin derpster. There has to be a LEGAL reason to even request those documents. Funny you keep forgetting that you don’t have a legal reason. Tax returns are private documents.

It's the law, dumbass.

The tax code provides that Congress’ tax committees—including the House Committee on Ways and Means, the Senate Committee on Finance, and the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT)—are entitled to obtain any tax returns from the IRS that they request.3 Section 6103(f)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) reads:

Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary [of the Treasury] shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.4

Last edited:
I am very certain most in Congress are incapable of understanding the documents when and if furnished. Yet the funny part is they passed the tax laws in the first place. Too stupid to be true, yet it is.

I am very certain most in Congress are incapable of understanding the documents when and if furnished. Yet the funny part is they passed the tax laws in the first place. Too stupid to be true, yet it is.

That's especially funny considering that Congress writes the tax laws.

No. You loons kept screaming that it was Trump’s DOJ for 4 years, but now it’s okay because Xiden is telling them what to do. That means we can see the taxes of Joe, Hunter, Nancy, Adam,.......
We can? No. Read the law.

Simmer down, Buttercup.

Why hasn't the IRS gone after Trump for "tax dodging"? Maybe you should forward them your evidence, Clown.
Because your right wing pals in Congress have slashed the IRS budget for tax enforcement agents costing thousands of them their jobs. Their understaffed so lowlifes like Trump can get away with screwing the rest of us. And if Trump is stiffing the IRS you can bet your ass that plenty more wealthy fucks just like him are doing the same thing & getting away with it.

It's the law, dumbass.

The tax code provides that Congress’ tax committees—including the House Committee on Ways and Means, the Senate Committee on Finance, and the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT)—are entitled to obtain any tax returns from the IRS that they request.3 Section 6103(f)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) reads:

So say the Dims in Congress. The Supreme Court disagrees.

The 4th Amendment is the law, dumbass.

Great news! What do you think?

I'm not in favor because I see it as only political in nature. It strikes me as counter-productive whenever Democrats or Republicans resort to political acts that have little substance other than to put their opponent in bad light. Watergate captured my attention when I was 19 but ever since then I've had no interest in congressional investigations. I see these things as the investigators acting out their fear of a political opponent. During Obama's 2nd term it was the Republicans fear of Hillary and it has been the Democrats fear of Trump over these past 5 years. This Maricopa County election so-called audit is another such example of an ill-advised publicity stunt.

It's the law, dumbass.

I don't see "fishing trip" in that statute.

So say the Dims in Congress. The Supreme Court disagrees.
The Supreme Court ruled on requesting the president’s taxes.

Congress isn’t requesting the president’s taxes. They’re requesting Trump’s taxes.

This DOJ has established itself as the most liberally biased department of all time. They're potentially more dangerous to our country than China, COVID and Russia combined. They're the enemy within.

That he did do but he seems to be under a 5+ year audit.
Trump has made that claim but failed to produce any objective evidence of it despite being asked and being capable of doing so.

I can’t imagine taking Trump at his word on anything.

The Supreme Court ruled on requesting the president’s taxes.

Congress isn’t requesting the president’s taxes. They’re requesting Trump’s taxes.
They ruled on the DA for SDNY to obtain them for a criminal investigation, not for some scavenger hunt looking for dirt by some hack Congressional politicians.

They ruled on the DA for SDNY to obtain them for a criminal investigation, not for some scavenger hunt looking for dirt by some hack Congressional politicians.
You should have read the decision. You wouldn’t be so ignorant if you had.

The Treasury Department must turn over copies of former President Donald Trump’s tax returns to a congressional committee, the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel ruled on Friday.

The 39-page opinion, signed by OLC acting Assistant Attorney General Dawn Johnsen, finds that the executive branch “must give due weight to Congress’s status as a co-equal branch of government” and must “apply a presumption that Legislative Branch officials act in good faith and in furtherance of legitimate objectives.”

The House Ways and Means Committee, the opinion stated, “has invoked sufficient reasons for requesting the former President’s tax information” and the Treasury Department “must furnish the information to the Committee.

Great news! What do you think?
I think saying something, and winning in court are two different things...

Forum List

Back