DOJ Sues Texas In Voting Rights Lawsuit, Alleging Discrimination Against Black And Latino Voters

I hope the DOJ wins the case.

The gerrymandering has got to stop.

It's very wrong to disenfranchise voters.

There is no answer to gerrymandering Dana

There is no independent way to draw districts.

The only way to get rid of this problem is to move to a very complicated voting system that makes district drawing functionally irrelevant. Or move to a system that doesn't care about population like the Senate.

Democrats will never win this battle because you can't gerrymander large cities like you can populations spread out over suburbs and rural areas.

The whining about this is insufferable. Stop. Putting you in a district where you can vote as an equal is not disenfranchising you...lol

If you want to fix this within the system we have. The only way is to appeal to people outside major population centers.

The only way to get rid of this problem is to move to a very complicated voting system that makes district drawing functionally irrelevant. Or move to a system that doesn't care about population like the Senate.

Democrats will never win this battle because you can't gerrymander large cities like you can populations spread out over suburbs and rural areas.

The whining about this is insufferable. Stop. Putting you in a district where you can vote as an equal is not disenfranchising you...lol

If you want to fix this within the system we have. The only way is to appeal to people outside major population centers.
I think we sure do away with districts , and everyone votes and they make virtual districts.

It is a myth that it cannot be solved.

Like the problems at the border, it is left unsolved not because it is impossible but because the power brokers DO NOT WANT it fixed. Jerrymandering confers a very, very very large amount of power to the political parties themselves. It allows them to not only influence which side gains seats in the legislative branch but even allows the targeting of specific seats. One of your own members not towing the line - eliminate their district entirely.

No one wants to solve it. The democrats do this shit just as much as the republicans, the real difference is only that the republicans have a larger control of local governance as the democrats seem to only be able to focus on national elections. Considering the core of the worldview, such is not really all that surprising. This leads to a lot of hemming and hawing from the left over the practice but they have no intentions of doing anything about it.

I couldn't get past the lie in the first sentence. Once I read a lie I stop reading. I no longer believe what the poster wrote.

As for your first sentence.

Weird. The people of Utah and Ohio passed laws to do exactly what you said there is no answer to.

Gerrymandering can and should stop.

There is an answer to it.

Take partisan politics out of it.

It's as simple as that.

I hope the DOJ wins the case.

The gerrymandering has got to stop.

It's very wrong to disenfranchise voters.

the hypocrisy of the left is never ending.

first - THE FILIBUSTER IS KILLING DEMOCRACY! except they used it hundreds of times when trump was president to "save it"

now you try and float this turd - GERRYMANDERING MUST STOP - except when you do it.

how come it's ok when you do it but an act of horror when others do? the practice is either OK FOR ALL or NO ONE.

not this bullshit OK FOR US YOU BETTER NOT 2 year old mentality bullshit.

the hypocrisy of the left is never ending.

first - THE FILIBUSTER IS KILLING DEMOCRACY! except they used it hundreds of times when trump was president to "save it"

now you try and float this turd - GERRYMANDERING MUST STOP - except when you do it.

how come it's ok when you do it but an act of horror when others do? the practice is either OK FOR ALL or NO ONE.

not this bullshit OK FOR US YOU BETTER NOT 2 year old mentality bullshit.
Okay.

It is not okay for anyone. Period.

Get an algorithm to do it, have the algorithm coded by a bi-partisan group of geeks.

That would get political too and there would be winners and losers

Who decides if the algo is good or not?

These things would just make it more subtle, not solve the inherent problems

It's just too politically charged and important to ever be "independent". At any level

And besides a system like that would no doubt favor republicans because again democrats are more concentrated.

I think we sure do away with districts , and everyone votes and they make virtual districts.

Yea, you have to do ranked choice or something where they may happen to have a district. But in reality they were elected by the whole state.

I don't favor these solutions but they are an actual solution. Not just some pie in the sky delusion about how our society works.

It is a myth that it cannot be solved.

Like the problems at the border, it is left unsolved not because it is impossible but because the power brokers DO NOT WANT it fixed. Jerrymandering confers a very, very very large amount of power to the political parties themselves. It allows them to not only influence which side gains seats in the legislative branch but even allows the targeting of specific seats. One of your own members not towing the line - eliminate their district entirely.

No one wants to solve it. The democrats do this shit just as much as the republicans, the real difference is only that the republicans have a larger control of local governance as the democrats seem to only be able to focus on national elections. Considering the core of the worldview, such is not really all that surprising. This leads to a lot of hemming and hawing from the left over the practice but they have no intentions of doing anything about it.

I just gave you solutions. You can't solve it in the system we have. No

Would require a constitutional convention to change the way we run federal elections. States same thing need to move to a very complex voting system relative to what we have. That would solve gerrymandering.

There is no such thing as an "independent" process to draw districts every 10 years with a new census. More independent yes, independent, no

I couldn't get past the lie in the first sentence. Once I read a lie I stop reading. I no longer believe what the poster wrote.

As for your first sentence.

Weird. The people of Utah and Ohio passed laws to do exactly what you said there is no answer to.

Gerrymandering can and should stop.

There is an answer to it.

Take partisan politics out of it.

It's as simple as that.

You can continue to live in delusion dana

just shut the fuck up about it

ask penelope if you don't want to hear it from me. "independent" political district drawing is a borderline oxymoron.

No one with sense could see this system and think it is ever going to end in democrats favor without throwing it out. THe maps will never give you an advantage even if it was "independent"

YOU LIVE IN MAJOR CITIES THAT'S HOW THE SYSTEM IS DESIGNED. YOU'RE MEANT TO BE FUCKED

Forum List

Back