dog vs. cat people

around 3 millions animals killed in the us..due to overpopulation

neuter.....all pets....neuter them all

and adopt as many as you can

I love them both.
I love all animals.
I have just one cat now, a canary and red eared slider( aquatic turtle)
I did have as many as 3 cats and 2 dogs .

One cat, one dog.

I love them each in a special way. Touch is like no other cat, because he put the touch on my heart.

Music is so precious I named her Music because she is music to the soul.

I have never seen Touch dislike an animal until Music the puppy arrived. That was the first time in 15 years he ever acted catty. Then I knew the depth of his character--he is one. :lmao:

Music was not to be outdone. Her precious and sweet love-the-world aura becomes one of lip-biting jealousy around Touch, except she knows I will not like it if she kills the cat, so she doesn't.

My husband thinks you should have only one cat and only one dog. Otherwise, he thinks your pet will be very sad if you have another dog if it's a dog, or likewise, if you parse your time between cats.

Most of the time it's ok, but it can amount to a Mexican Standoff at times in their world. Maybe both of them think they are human and that causes the air to jiggle.

Who knows.
About having two dogs, I used to be of the same mind as your husband.

Then I got two dogs. When one had to go to the vet or on some trip, the other was thrilled to see him again. When one died, the other was frantic for two weeks, constantly looking for the other - broke my heart.

They are pack animals, very social, and they value their community like family.

One cat, one dog.

I love them each in a special way. Touch is like no other cat, because he put the touch on my heart.

Music is so precious I named her Music because she is music to the soul.

I have never seen Touch dislike an animal until Music the puppy arrived. That was the first time in 15 years he ever acted catty. Then I knew the depth of his character--he is one. :lmao:

Music was not to be outdone. Her precious and sweet love-the-world aura becomes one of lip-biting jealousy around Touch, except she knows I will not like it if she kills the cat, so she doesn't.

My husband thinks you should have only one cat and only one dog. Otherwise, he thinks your pet will be very sad if you have another dog if it's a dog, or likewise, if you parse your time between cats.

Most of the time it's ok, but it can amount to a Mexican Standoff at times in their world. Maybe both of them think they are human and that causes the air to jiggle.

Who knows.

I had 3 cats and got a 6 week old puppy. When he got to be about 9 months old, he thought he was a cat. He started stalking like a cat, tried to climb trees and the cat post, you know cat things. So we had to get another dog so that he knew he was a dog.
He snapped out of it as soon as we got her and they became very good friends.
Here is a pic of him, with one of the cats.
$Image Rachael7.jpg

Last edited:
I've had dogs and cats for most of my life. Even when I wasn't home for extended periods we've always had pets. Now that we are getting older it becomes more of a worry for the longevity of the pet. We're looking at a new addiction of a Russian blue kitten when I return from my next trip.

In those commercials for home security systems (the ones where the person breaking in is always and only a white male) I notice that the home owner never has a dog. Of course they never seem to have a weapon handy either...

i got to agree....if i get up from the living room and go to bed....it doesnt matter what time of day it is....my doberman, thor, follows me..and stays with me.....my son trained him to never be 3 feet from me unless let out.....my son managed to produce a pain in the ass watch dog...there are times i prefer him not to be right there...if i am working outside he can be a total pest....but i know this....the minute i am upset...he is willing to kill what is needing killing....and people are terrified of the doberman....while the mixed golden attacks....(he is the alpha male and doesnt have that loving nature of a golden to anyone but my husband)

In those commercials for home security systems (the ones where the person breaking in is always and only a white male) I notice that the home owner never has a dog. Of course they never seem to have a weapon handy either...

i really dont think my dogs would do a damn thing to someone breaking in when i was not here....the meter reader ask me not to come out on the porch when he arrived...he said the dogs are fine till you come out and then they go protective....and he was right

I had a cat who loved me more than food.

Well, I still have him but he loves food at least as well as me now.

When he was young and I had a terrible fight with my husband, he stood guard over me while I slept. Wouldn't let hubby close. Hubby told me about it later. The message he got from the little boy cat was, "I don't like having to choose sides but this is the way it has to be. Do not come any closer."

p.s. Oh yeah ... who would want to trade in a self-cleaning cat for a poopy dog?! :tongue:

I've had cats and dogs all my life and have foster hundreds over the years. A cat vs dog conversation is pretty silly. They are totally different animals.

When a dog is brought into a home, it looks for the leader of pack because it's a pack animal. It's the dog's instinct to be loyal and protective of the pack. It's often true that if you feed a dogs for three days, the dog will accept you as leader of pack and master and will give you it's love and loyalty. Not so with most cats.

You may bring a cat home, but you will never be the cat's master. The cat isn't a pack animal and never seeks a master as a dog does. I have seen cats that bond with their human in a day and I have seen it take months. Occasionally a cat will not bond but will just coexist with humans. I think the best way to acquire a cat is to foster adult cats and choose one after you have had it in your home a few weeks. I never like to adopt kittens. Just as with puppies, you have no idea what they will be like as adults.

I had a cat who loved me more than food.

Well, I still have him but he loves food at least as well as me now.

When he was young and I had a terrible fight with my husband, he stood guard over me while I slept. Wouldn't let hubby close. Hubby told me about it later. The message he got from the little boy cat was, "I don't like having to choose sides but this is the way it has to be. Do not come any closer."

p.s. Oh yeah ... who would want to trade in a self-cleaning cat for a poopy dog?! :tongue:
I've found it interesting that when bad things happen to you how often a cat that otherwise is very aloof shows up to keep you company. Also I have notice many cats when they contract really bad diseases like cancer and kidney disease seek out their human for comfort.

According to those standards, I'm a mix. I've had both, and loved them all. I respect the independent nature of cats and that they are content to be alone.

Forum List

Back