dog vs. cat people

Interesting study: Dog People vs. Cat People: The Surprising Differences | Pets - Yahoo! Shine

Hunch.com recently polled more than 200,000 pet owners to find out if they were dog people or cat people. The site then crossed those responses with lifestyle surveys and arrived at the following conclusions. Anything sound familiar?*
I don't agree w/ the findings though :mad: :D Do you consider yourself a dog or cat person?

buildc.gif

depends on the mood I'm in, the time of day, and the way my dogs and cats are acting...

generally, I'm a dog person when I first wake up in the morning...

and a cat person late at night...

with all other times being a tossup...

daily....i herd cats...out of the bedroom....off the clean clothes that arent folded....but now are covered in cat hair...making sure one isnt sleeping in the dryer...before i turn it on...they get caught under the recliner ....that is just funny....well not to them....they think they can catch the flying squirrels if just left outside most of the night......but then they become coyote bait....so i get them in...and i love the one cat, tiff..she comes to the door ...you go open it and she runs.....love that game

damn that is hard to break the dogs of....

house is on fire.....dogs would leave with me...

cats would hide and i would die trying to find their asses....which of course is hidden outside lol

Dogs are good "alarms" for humans :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV4EMzyJsqU]My dog Sophie senses the 6.5 earthquake at the Times-Standard newspaper in Eureka CA - YouTube[/ame]​

Where was everyone running to, outside so stuff could fall on them? I know, it's an almost irresistable urge to run outside during an earthquake, isn't it.

Well, I have five dogs and six cats.

I'm definitely a dog person. I prefer large, female dogs. (Male dogs lift their leg and pee on stuff, especially small male dogs, such as my min pin. He wants to pee on everything.)

But in the end I love all animals and worry and fret about the stray cats outside, which is where the last four cats came from. As did three of my dogs.

It is the dogs, my two Dobermans in particular, who bring me up when I am down. The cats are more of a burden than a joy. The Dobies are a joy. A burden, too, but far more of a joy than a burden. They watch over me. : )

Last edited:
I wasn't allowed to have any pets when I was growing up. I got my first kitten shortly after marrying my husband ... 23 years ago. For me it's always been cats.

That being said, if I suddenly found myself alone, I would become a people person, free of either pet. Sure kittens are adorable, but then they grow up to be cats. Loving and affectionate ... they're a pain in the ass.

Kittens are anything but adorable. I rescued on a couple of months ago. He was about 2 weeks old then. Nice, ate from a bottle, all that. Now, he climbs my legs all the way to my shoulder, plays with anything moving, or not. He annoys all the older cats and my senior dog. I hope one of my students takes him home. If not, I suppose all things pass in time. I just hope they pass before someone kills him!

I wasn't allowed to have any pets when I was growing up. I got my first kitten shortly after marrying my husband ... 23 years ago. For me it's always been cats.

That being said, if I suddenly found myself alone, I would become a people person, free of either pet. Sure kittens are adorable, but then they grow up to be cats. Loving and affectionate ... they're a pain in the ass.

Kittens are anything but adorable. I rescued on a couple of months ago. He was about 2 weeks old then. Nice, ate from a bottle, all that. Now, he climbs my legs all the way to my shoulder, plays with anything moving, or not. He annoys all the older cats and my senior dog. I hope one of my students takes him home. If not, I suppose all things pass in time. I just hope they pass before someone kills him!

I love crazy kittens.

I'm a cat person but I like dogs, as long as they're someone elses........ and quiet..... and well behaved......

I have always had, loved and respected both but currently have one beautiful feline, only. She's "my girl."

D0034BEST-1.jpg

I love both, but I only have a cat. Ms. Kitty (yeah I know, very original).

12941_105949049420126_100000150956970_153893_6660304_n.jpg

35955_147695811912116_100000150956970_450493_4119954_n.jpg

But I am a foster dad to my GF's foster dogs. I get weepy every time one gets adopted. Puppy was such a sweet dog. Though, she was wild (no, it wasn't running).

248661_232069900141373_100000150956970_1082133_2330098_n.jpg

38597_147697038578660_100000150956970_450499_7888861_n.jpg

Last edited:
I started off having cats.

We then got Aerial, our lab. We then got Charlie, the King Charles Spaniel.

A dogs life is to be part of your existence. It's much different than a cat. A cat does what he/she wants.

A dog is a lot more work and maintenance, but he gives so much more.

I love both cats and dogs. Never had a cat till I had to have my last dog put down and found out my health was failing, so I let a litter of stray kittrens move in outside.
Better choice for someone of poor health.
I cannot run and play with a dog like it needs, nor clean after it in the house.

Forum List

Back